tModLoader The Thorium Mod

item ID's wouldnt usually ever conflict, as it would sort them by name, and not number, the only way it would cause problems, is if items had the EXACT name as others, in every sense.

So the Thorium and Spirit mod would conflict? Because both mods have an item named Geode. I'd love to try both mods at the same time but if they conflict, it wouldn't be a good idea I think.

So the Thorium and Spirit mod would conflict? Because both mods have an item named Geode. I'd love to try both mods at the same time but if they conflict, it wouldn't be a good idea I think.
My solution for this type of problem is simple. Just think creative. If i see someone already released a mod with content of the same name as my thing, i just change the name to be similar. how about instead of calling it Geode, to call it for example Rock Geode, Crystal Geode, or changing it to something else, like Rockcrystal, or Rock Quartz.

Last edited:
Funny enough Tmodloader actually prevents this. The only confusion that happens is player side but Tmodloader identifies both Geodes as separate entities.

i've found a bug with the Queen Jellyfish, the ThunderBird and Green Ragnaarok.
Queen Jellyfish : Doesn't even appear in multiplayer games
ThunderBird: I have to use like 25 flares to summon him, with luck
Green Ragnaarok: When you hit him, he dissapears.
I told that to the creator of ModLoader and he told me that was problem of the mod:( so can you fix it pls?

These have alrdy been reported and are known.

Oh my god I have discovered something stupid and I don't know if it should be fixed or not.

The Slugger. That recoil shotgun you can make with some bones? The recoil stacks. So if you were to say, get on top of a floating island near your base, fly up, and fire continuously behind you, you will gain such crazy speed that you will make it to the end of the world before landing, on a large map.

Edit: Oh, and Slugger's also really OP. I imagine the idea is it has extreme power because it's a pain to use, but it might be a bit TOO extreme. It has Tactical Shotgun levels of base damage (albeit less pellets) and the recoil isn't THAT debilitating.

Last edited:
I've noticed the Vile Spitter spawns in rapidly if you are doing the lunar event in a corruption biome, I got like 5 staffs from it while fighting lunar enemies.

Diver. Playing around with the healing stuff do you think you could maybe brighten Twinkle's healing drops? They're slightly dark and not all that easy to see especially in night time.

While looking through Cheat sheets recipe browser i found 2 interesting items that i would like to know more about because i cant find them under the (probably not updated ) current content section. The two items are halloween spirit and Holidays greeting. They look they seem to change it to the holiday time but what i am wondering is how long is the change? like is it until you log out or until you use the item again to turn it off? any more info on these two would be very appreciative :)

While looking through Cheat sheets recipe browser i found 2 interesting items that i would like to know more about because i cant find them under the (probably not updated ) current content section. The two items are halloween spirit and Holidays greeting. They look they seem to change it to the holiday time but what i am wondering is how long is the change? like is it until you log out or until you use the item again to turn it off? any more info on these two would be very appreciative :)
They're donator items.
I never tested them.

Hey again. So, I really love the throwing expansion this mod brings, and I had an idea for a new throwing item. After defeating Plantera the Desert Traveler can sell the third installment of the Expert Throwing books, which would duplicate thrown items for half of their damage. Then all three volumes can be tinkered with the Master Ninja Gear to make the Elite Ninja Scroll (name pending), which gives all effects of the MNG and throwing attacks duplicate themselves fully.

As far as I'm aware, it lasts until you die.

Hey again. So, I really love the throwing expansion this mod brings, and I had an idea for a new throwing item. After defeating Plantera the Desert Traveler can sell the third installment of the Expert Throwing books, which would duplicate thrown items for half of their damage. Then all three volumes can be tinkered with the Master Ninja Gear to make the Elite Ninja Scroll (name pending), which gives all effects of the MNG and throwing attacks duplicate themselves fully.

I dunno about combining it with the MNG, but more books making a master throwing accessory sounds fantastic.

Funny enough Tmodloader actually prevents this. The only confusion that happens is player side but Tmodloader identifies both Geodes as separate entities.

Thanks, that's good to know! I know so little about the modloader :D

Maybe I should change the name of the Geode then if it would cause player confusion :p
How about instead of geode we start calling ours "Cluster", as in Gem Cluster?

Well, I looked at your Geode sprite and the fact that it drops from jeweled enemies... Maybe Jewel Cluster would be a good name?

Well, three classes (melee, ranged and mages) have sort of ultimate accessory - Mechanical Glove/Fire Gauntlet for melee, Sniper Scope for ranged and Celestial Emblem for mages, wo why not give something like this to throwing class? Combine Avenger Emblem with Guide to Expert Throwing to get, for example Expert Throwing Emblem - so we get the effect of the Guide - maybe a little buffed - plus 15% increased throwing damage. Then the Expert Throwing Emblem could be combined with Liche's Gaze, making the Master Throwing Emblem (names could be discussed) to give you an option to activate True Strikers while having the benefits of Expert Throwing Emblem. Liche's Gaze is awesome, but it's a use-and-swap type accessory, similiar to Charm of Myths (unless you want the regen ofc), and I don't think something that amazing should be an accessory you wear for a moment. The only problem is that it would be expert only, but in my opinion this would be neat.

By the way, is there any option to bind the new throwing set teleport for something else than Q? I have my Q for healing potion (got used to it playting Diablo 3) and I don't want to drink a potion when I just want to teleport. :/

Last edited:
Thats a good idea.
Also I wanna notify that thorium also has "coatings" for throwing weapons such as life leach and explosive coating, they really help a lot
For some reason I thought they were not getting enough attention from people who are interested in throwing builds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom