Items The Vault Key - A Hardmode Alternative to the Money Trough

Should this be included in the game?

• Jawohl, mein Kommandant.

• Nichts da, dummkopf!

• *mashes 'E' key*

Results are only viewable after voting.
Your suggestion make me think about
the_keeper__boxman__cosplay__from_the_evil_within__by_corroder666-d812cod.jpg
No seriously, It's cool I totally want it in game.
One stupid question: will he fly or he will fall into the lava while you're flying?

Don't worry, there's no such thing as a stupid question. :)

To distinguish it from any pets and/or minions the player may have at the time, the summoned safe will not follow the player, but will walk within a certain radius of the place it was summoned in, avoiding any pits and bodies of lava.

Last edited:
Your suggestion make me think about
the_keeper__boxman__cosplay__from_the_evil_within__by_corroder666-d812cod.jpg
No seriously, It's cool I totally want it in game.
One stupid question: will he fly or he will fall into the lava while you're flying?
Pretty sure he'll work like the money trough, staying stationary. Maybe he would fall, maybe not.

Pretty sure he'll work like the money trough, staying stationary. Maybe he would fall, maybe not.
Don't worry, there's no such thing as a stupid question. :)

To distinguish it from any pets and/or minions the player may have at the time, the summoned safe will not follow the player, but will walk within a certain radius of the place it was summoned in, avoiding any pits and bodies of lava.

This is genius! I love it from the usefulness, to the cheesy jokes that you would find in terraria dialogue. Amazing
Too bad I had to use google translate just to find out what the votes were

Pretty neat idea, nothing to really go against here. It'll certainly save me buying safes because I keep forgetting to pick it back up, assuming this shares the same inventory.

Pretty neat idea, nothing to really go against here. It'll certainly save me buying safes because I keep forgetting to pick it back up, assuming this shares the same inventory.

Your assumption is correct. To clarify, much like how the Money Trough summons a Flying Piggy Bank that shares its inventory with the Piggy Bank, the Safe Man summoned by the Vault Key would share its inventory with a regular Safe.

I do not think this is necessary. It seems like just a suckup to a member of relogic, and the npc element of being a safe is just not convinient. I do not support

Serious. I do not think this is a necessary addition

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, though I'm of the belief that you can afford to be more specific as to why you disapprove of the idea, rather than simply state that it is "unnecessary".

I would also like to direct your attention here, specifically to the "Criticism Guidelines" section.

Having a spawnable npc, from what i have seen being built upon references, with its own lines of dialogue to open a safe is simply frivolous. Look at the money trough- simple and easy. I can imagine the walking around factor could be incredibly annoying to players trying to use it. So no, in its current form, i cannot support it

That clarification enough for you?

Having a spawnable npc, from what i have seen being built upon references, with its own lines of dialogue to open a safe is simply frivolous. Look at the money trough- simple and easy. I can imagine the walking around factor could be incredibly annoying to players trying to use it. So no, in its current form, i cannot support it

I'm afraid I cannot highlight a single issue with the suggestion based on what you have said.

I have already stated that the summoned safe will walk within a certain radius of the location it is summoned in; said property and the inclusion of dialogue exist to distinguish it from the Flying Piggy Bank summoned using the Money Trough.

I see what you mean, but wouldn't you just use the key again to respawn him? Also most people would say something like: "I like the idea, but maybe there should be a way of keeping him stationary. Maybe placing down a chair or a button in his chat GUI?" And another thing, the money trough is sliightly more complicated to use tan your inventory. When you're mining, is it too much to ask to be slightly more time consuming than to use your money, with using the "deposit all" button just once?

Well for once it isn't just a clone of an existing item, normally I see people try to suggest basically the exact same item that's in the game itself.

I have to say that the jokes really work for this suggestion, plus the reference to the staff couldn't hurt. I have terrible inventory management skills so I'd like this. what you don't believe me? My characters in skyrim all have 50 pounds until they're over encumbered on a good day.

Back
Top Bottom