Console The Year Ahead & The Community "Takes Control"

Which thread is right? There's another thread stating there will be shorter updates in shorter time. This one is saying a very large update is about to appear. Which one is right?

I think they're up in the air about that but I also believe they're fighting to catch up to the current PC build.

OK i lerned this from one of the moderators

Me: which thread is right

Moderator: I don't see a contradiction; the most recent thread "Community Takes Control" indicates that a full 1.2.4 version will be coming soon, hopefully by the end of the year. Note that the "Year Ahead" thread was posted the same day as a smaller update came out, so both are true; a smaller update came shortly after that, and there is a larger update coming in the next few months.

This is a somewhat different subject, but as I said in another forum the big map should be moved to an inventory slot and the mini map could be at select (This is based off of the Xbox 360 version.) Also being able to transfer worlds or at the very least characters would be nice. I am not 100% sure if there is a transfer option so I need an answer. I would buy the Xbox One version so fast that the Dungeon Guardian could get one shot by its force.

I don't know if any of you have been to the terraria Facebook page but I keep seeing updates for mobile, even earlier today they had an update on what was going on with their version and I know they're seperate developers but why can't console get similar updates on progress, is it really that hard that only the mobile developers could muster keeping their community updated

This is a somewhat different subject, but as I said in another forum the big map should be moved to an inventory slot and the mini map could be at select (This is based off of the Xbox 360 version.) Also being able to transfer worlds or at the very least characters would be nice. I am not 100% sure if there is a transfer option so I need an answer. I would buy the Xbox One version so fast that the Dungeon Guardian could get one shot by its force.
There is no cross save functionality for the Xbox systems unfortunately.

I don't know if any of you have been to the terraria Facebook page but I keep seeing updates for mobile, even earlier today they had an update on what was going on with their version and I know they're seperate developers but why can't console get similar updates on progress, is it really that hard that only the mobile developers could muster keeping their community updated
As Loki stated earlier, they're working on the issue of 505's community management, it has taken longer than expected but changes will hopefully be coming soon. Mobile is run separately from consoles so perhaps things were easier to streamline.

Good Day, Terrarians!

Hot on the heels of our official Terraria on Nintendo reveal last week, we wanted to give you an update on our plans for the rest of the console platforms – and then to ask you, the community, for your invaluable input on a change we are looking to make as a part of these updates. So, without further ado, off we go:

kdcROYP.png

CONSOLE TERRARIA CONTENT UPDATE PLANS

Through a variety of issues, we wound up in a situation where the previously-launched “Additions” update did not wind up containing the entirety of Terraria 1.2.3 content. At the same time, we had started work on the next round of content – and, unfortunately, launching post-1.2.3 content into versions of the game that do not already have the full 1.2.3 update would cause all kinds of issues – for us and for you guys!

So, that leaves us at a crossroads of sorts – and here is what we have decided to do:

We will release the content below as one update – currently planned for the 4th Quarter of 2015 (Oct-Dec), though we will provide a more exact date as soon as possible
  • The remainder of the 1.2.3 content
  • Terraria 1.2.4, in its entirety, including (but not limited to):
  • Minecarts
  • Fishing
  • Duke Fishron
  • And much much more!

So, that – coupled with the recent mobile announcements – will mean that all of the existing Terraria console/mobile platforms will be up to the 1.2.4 level by the end of 2015! Nintendo being the exception, as it doesn’t launch until after the new year.

Beyond that, we have started looking into the 1.3 source code, and will share any plans there just as soon as we have them together.

kdcROYP.png

CUSTOM CONTROLS – WE NEED YOU!

As a part of the update later this year, we are looking to add some additional control schemes beyond the default that is currently in the game. These will likely be in the form of various “alternate” control setups that you would select from in the options menu.

That’s where you come in – we have listed the Default (as it exists today) below. We would love to have you – the community – propose your alternatives to us for possible inclusion in the coming update!

To submit your idea,
  • Make a post in this thread with your suggested changes.
  • Please note that we are only altering button configurations and not adding new functionality to the controller itself.
  • Also you MUST note which platform (Xbox/Playstation) you are addressing.

Action | Playstation | Xbox
Use Held Item/Attack|R1|RT
Activate Environment Object|O|B
Inventory| △|Y
Jump| X or L3|A or L3
Quick Buff|□|X
Left-Right-Up-Down Movement|Left Thumbstick|Left Thumbstick
Hotbar Selection|L2+R2|LB+RB
Map|Select|Back
Grapple|L1|LT
Smart Cursor Toggle|R3|Click Right Thumbstick
Use Bound Item|D-Pad|D-Pad
kdcROYP.png

That's it for now! We are very much looking forward to seeing what awesome control scheme ideas you come up with - and to hopefully sharing some spoilers and additional information around the update coming later this year.

Thanks for your support, your feedback, and for everything else you do!
I am really looking forward to this new update!

Can someone tell the devs to fix the recording music boxes and make it randome it's stupid I can record f m and p m music mm sucks
[DOUBLEPOST=1446077165,1446077120][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean I. Can't record the frost moon and pumpkin moon music

Can someone tell the devs to fix the recording music boxes and make it randome it's stupid I can record f m and p m music mm sucks
[DOUBLEPOST=1446077165,1446077120][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean I Can't record the frost moon and pumpkin moon music
I couldn't record the Pumpkin Moon, haven't tried the Frost moon but I also could get the Underground Crimson after 15 min. (10 being the max though)

Back
Top Bottom