tModLoader The Yoyo Overload Mod!

What do you think?

• It's amazing! Good work, keep it up.

Votes: 256 99.2%
  • Nah, not a fan.

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
What about a prehardmode yoyo caught from fishing in the ocean called the hurricane? It could create a hurricane around the yoyo and as the hurricane gets bigger it does more damage. Maybe start with only 11 or 12 base damage since its damage increases as it gets bigger. I drops from sharks/jellyfish and every time you kill an enemy the hurricane gets bigger.

What about a prehardmode yoyo caught from fishing in the ocean called the hurricane? It could create a hurricane around the yoyo and as the hurricane gets bigger it does more damage. Maybe start with only 11 or 12 base damage since its damage increases as it gets bigger. I drops from sharks/jellyfish and every time you kill an enemy the hurricane gets bigger.
I like it :D

That's been suggested before...But I don't know if it was you or someone else.

Imported piskel (30).png Bone Bowler
Drops from Armored Skeletons
56 Melee Damage
9% Crit Chance
weak knockback
effect similar to bone saw, but at a higher rate, or, fires homing yoyo apparitions that do half the damage as the yoyo

Alright, first idea on the forums, this is basically garbage but I got bored.
Bullet Hell
(no sprite, I can't sprite for the love of pingas)
114 melee damage (sry timboss, it was kind of confusing)
No knockback (cuz projectiles)
Spin time: Infinite
Made from a bunch of different ranger thingies.
Things you need: Chain Gun, Tactical Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Vortex Beater, and an endless musket pouch.
Shoots bullets freaking EVERYWHERE.
For example:
Sniper bullet for about 146 damage + melee damage bonuses
Tactical Shotgun pattern for about 40 DMG each bullet + melee bonuses
about 6 Chain gun shots for 33 dmg + melee bonuses
And vortex beater's 3 shots then an explosive shot (50 or so plus... what else, melee bonuses.
These patterns are executed every 0.5 seconds.

Last edited:
View attachment 126418 Bone Bowler
Drops from Armored Skeletons
56 Melee Damage
9% Crit Chance
weak knockback
effect similar to bone saw, but at a higher rate, or, fires homing yoyo apparitions that do half the damage as the yoyo
Oh :red: another dungeon yoyo lol.
Alright, first idea on the forums, this is basically garbage but I got bored.
Bullet Hell
(no sprite, I can't sprite for the love of pingas)
131 damage
No knockback (cuz projectiles)
Made from a bunch of different ranger thingies.
Things you need: Chain Gun, Tactical Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Vortex Beater, and an endless musket pouch.
Shoots bullets freaking EVERYWHERE.
This mod is called the YOYO overload mod not RANGER overload mod m8. Yoyo suggestions only. (Although lowkey I do love the idea :))

Oh :red: another dungeon yoyo lol.

This mod is called the YOYO overload mod not RANGER overload mod m8. Yoyo suggestions only. (Although lowkey I do love the idea :))
Lol, it does melee damage.
EDIT: the whole point of it was to make use of the items melee chars never use
EDIT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: There would be multiple patterns the yoyo uses, such as firing a Sniper Rifle shot at a nearby enemy, firing Shotgun shots, Chain gun rapid stuff, and the occasional Vortex bullet homing rocket thingie.

Thanks, this is the first time i've ever suggested something on this thread and I was NOT expecting anyone to take it seriously. Plus, I'm bad at balancing.
update.... i tried.... it looks... funky, i was thinking like a magazine coming out of it, but then THAT looked weird so, yeah sooooorrrryyyy

update.... i tried.... it looks... funky, i was thinking like a magazine coming out of it, but then THAT looked weird so, yeah sooooorrrryyyy
It's ok, the current one looks great anyways, plus I don't think Phoenix-Senpai will notice this.

Back
Top Bottom