tModLoader The Yoyo Overload Mod!

What do you think?

• It's amazing! Good work, keep it up.

Votes: 256 99.2%
  • Nah, not a fan.

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Phoenix is going to port all these into the Spirit mod and cancel this mod, so it all evens out.
Well, I think.
That was my original plan with this mod, but considering the positive feedback it received, and the fun I'm having with it, a lot of these Yoyos won't be seen in Spirit. Though this mod may go on hold here and there, I'll never cancel it!

Would there be any problem If I stack this mod with your spirit's mod because there are duplicated items.
That won't be a problem at all!

I'm quite looking forward to playing with Spirit Mod when it releases. If it comes out in a somewhat finished form before Tremor 1.3 I might add it to my big modded playthrough!

I got a couple more ideas for ya but I'm going to bed soon so this is gonna be quick.

Shiny pebble
Can be crafted from 100 pearlstone, 20 crystal shards, 15 chlorophyte, and 50 pixie dust. Someone else determine damage cuz I'm on my phone rn and its really annoying opening new tabs to see the Chin's damage.

Wrecking ball (I know the cringe is real.)
Dropped by breaking the spiky balls in the dungeon. If that's not possible (cuz I don't remember if it is) then it can be crafted out of 75 dungeon bricks, 40 bones...oh datum, too late to stop typing but I just realized we can't have more freaking dungeon yoyos...so maybe a hardmode underworld yoyo crafted with the cascade, fireball, and helfire?
Bonuses would include on fire debuff of course, shooting fireballs like the fireball does, and maybe some cool effect like it has a chance to throw the three yoyos used to craft it instead of the wrecking ball itself (I.e. fireball, cascade, hellfire.) Even tho they do less damage there would be three of them.

Thunderstorm (I don't remember if I suggested this one already)
Crafted with 10 feathers, 20 clouds, 10 rain clouds, 1 featherfall potion.
Bonuses include rain falling from where you hold your cursor a.k.a. where you're throwing the yoyo. Also has a chance for lightning to strike enemies from your yoyo.
Yoyo would look somewhat like a rain cloud.

Sorry no damage for now. My phone is way too annoying to mess around with multiple tabs so I can't balance out the damage types. But I hope you guys like the ideas.

@PhoenixBlade reading with @timboss said gave me a lot of ideas for

suggestions:

What about tetra elemental yoyo using the hellfire amarok amazon and valkyrie and it could shoot some particles that spin around and away from the yoyo of the 4 different colors blue light blue brown and red.

I like the idea of the cloud yoyo too but as you can get it pretty early in the game it might not be worth adding much to it as it cant do much as it might get OP if it does and also you might switch it for an other pretty quickly so maybe simplifying the recipe and offer an upgrade later using souls of flight or just make it obtainable later and add to the recipe the souls. (BTW if this one is added might be better suit to be used for the tetra elemental than the valk yoyo)

Also what about a yoyo dropped by the vampire that heals you with each hit or each x amount of hits or that it has random chance to heal you.

and maybe a unicorn inspired yoyo it could make a rainbow like the rainbow gun when you trow it which may or may not do damage and make sparkles as it hit enemies those sparkles might hit the enemy or other enemies around if the rainbow does not do damage. The sprite for it could be pink with sparkles on it

and maybe a werewolf inspired one that after some hits or randomly shoots like 3 swipes of claws or maybe bites the enemy like the piranha gun.

Also I think it might be nice if you could create more accessories for the yoyos that combines counterweights silk string and gloves with other stuff for example the string and counterweight with the melee emblem or

1 of each type of the counterweights (pyramid hexagon and cube) with clorophyte ingots and make 3 counterweights appear per yoyo and that the counterweights home to the enemy (idk if its possible) and maybe decrease the yoyo damage when equipped cause it might be too op otherwise

or maybe too the yoyo glove with the master ninja gear or just tabi and belt that gives the ability of them combined + all the yoyos have a chance to generate a shadow yoyo that appears to hit the enemy one time then disappears or maybe it stays for 3 hits or something like that

Last edited:
@PhoenixBlade reading with @timboss said gave me a lot of ideas for

suggestions:

What about tetra elemental yoyo using the hellfire amarok amazon and valkyrie and it could shoot some particles that spin around and away from the yoyo of the 4 different colors blue light blue brown and red.

I like the idea of the cloud yoyo too but as you can get it pretty early in the game it might not be worth adding much to it as it cant do much as it might get OP if it does and also you might switch it for an other pretty quickly so maybe simplifying the recipe and offer an upgrade later using souls of flight or just make it obtainable later and add to the recipe the souls. (BTW if this one is added might be better suit to be used for the tetra elemental than the valk yoyo)

Also what about a yoyo dropped by the vampire that heals you with each hit or each x amount of hits or that it has random chance to heal you.

and maybe a unicorn inspired yoyo it could make a rainbow like the rainbow gun when you trow it which may or may not do damage and make sparkles as it hit enemies those sparkles might hit the enemy or other enemies around if the rainbow does not do damage. The sprite for it could be pink with sparkles on it

and maybe a werewolf inspired one that after some hits or randomly shoots like 3 swipes of claws or maybe bites the enemy like the piranha gun.

Also I think it might be nice if you could create more accessories for the yoyos that combines counterweights silk string and gloves with other stuff for example the string and counterweight with the melee emblem or

1 of each type of the counterweights (pyramid hexagon and cube) with clorophyte ingots and make 3 counterweights appear per yoyo and that the counterweights home to the enemy (idk if its possible) and maybe decrease the yoyo damage when equipped cause it might be too op otherwise

or maybe too the yoyo glove with the master ninja gear or just tabi and belt that gives the ability of them combined + all the yoyos have a chance to generate a shadow yoyo that appears to hit the enemy one time then disappears or maybe it stays for 3 hits or something like that
I agree about the cloud yoyo. I was originally thinking maybe it should use souls of flight. But then I thought we kinda need more phm yoyos. But I think you're right, it should use souls of flight.

Well, I promised, so I'm delivering.
You won't see any info about this in the OP, as my internet is borderline dead, so please go Update your mod to v. 0.8 in the mod browser! The Update adds two Yoyos, one sold by the Merchant and one by the Dryad, as well as a Meteor themed one :D Check em out! I'll try to update the thread when my internet works well again.

You won't see any info about this in the OP, as my internet is borderline dead, so please go Update your mod to v. 0.8 in the mod browser! The Update adds two Yoyos, one sold by the Merchant and one by the Dryad, as well as a Meteor themed one :D Check em out! I'll try to update the thread when my internet works well again.
Neat! I just saw it without seeing the post :D
Also, I think you mean 0.7.

What are they called? I like to know em by name. :)
[doublepost=1468685182,1468684610][/doublepost]Also new yoyo suggestion.

(Anyone else been watching happy days yoyo play through? #boulders)

I present to you the boulder yoyo. Crafted with 999 stone at a tinkerers workbench.
Tooltip "the most OP yoyo of all time".
Damage: 1000 base damage
Bonus effects: makes a boulder fall on the player's head. (We need to troll happy with this. Who's in?) Basically its a big boulder troll.
Plz put this in the mod phoenix.

I am back with a few new yoyo ideas!

1. Dungeon Flame (feel free to change the name)
Drops from the Dungeon Spirit on a rare basis. Oh danget, I just realized there are already too many dungeon yoyos. Well, I just will not expect it to get in XD. It looks like a spinning wisp (with no eyes or mouth, but the same blue and white fire above it kind of like the fireball) and does 19 damage. (Feel free to change that) Even if it does not get in, I would like to see someones take on the sprite please.

2. Slimeball (Name WIP)
Rare drop from slimes. Does 13 damage. It is blue like a slimeblock.

Hope you like my ideas! image.jpeg

uh are they going to be npc themed yoyos? If so it would be great to see the ones form the steampunk mushroom and a cyborg (and the party grill lol).

Back
Top Bottom