What do you think?

• It's amazing! Good work, keep it up.

Votes: 256 99.2%
  • Nah, not a fan.

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

Yuyutsu

Dungeon Spirit
Hey all! Phoenixblade here, and I'm back with another, smaller mod this time. I'm a huge fan of the Yoyo weapon type, and I decided to create a small mod to add more to the Yoyo theme. Hopefully this will help out anyone doing a Yoyo playthrough!
Fireball.png

This mod is a pretty simple mod, mainly made to practice my coding and spriting skills. The mod is independent of the Spirit Mod, and no content from this mod (barring and a Sweet Throw) will cross over into the Spirit Mod.
Do you have any ideas? Any Yoyos you'd like to see in the Mod? let me know and I might add it in!
Here's what we have so far:
Shade.png
Ebon.png
PoYo.png
MahoganyYoyo.png
BorealThrow.png
RoyalRoll.png
PalmSwing.png

Wood Counterpart Yoyos! Each is crafted with 10 of their respective Wood and 20 Cobweb at an Anvil! From left to right: Shadewood, Ebonwood, Pearlwood, Rich Mahogany, Boreal Wood, Dynasty Wood, and Palm Wood.
Copper.png
Fool's Gold- Sold by the Merchant. Shoots Copper coins at foes!
Dryad.png
Sunleaf- Sold by the Dryad. Attacks inflict the Dryad's Blessing Debuff on foes!
Meteor.png
Tektite- Crafted with Meteorite Bars at an Anvil. Occasionally shoots out a fire trail!
CBall.png
The Chaos Ball- Dropped by Goblin Sorcerers, this yoyo shoots out spurts of Shadowflame!
Plague.png
Plague- Drops from certain Blood Moon Monsters. Occasionally breaks off and latches onto enemies, provided you hold down your mouse!
Creep.png
The Creeper- Dropped by the Brain of Cthulu's Creepers. It occasionally leaves behind a Creeper afterimage to deal damage to foes!
Corrupt.png
The Vile Spitball- Crafted with Rotten Chunks and Shadow Scales at an anvil! The yoyo occasionally breaks off and homes in on enemies!
SweetThrow.png
Sweet Throw- Drops from the Queen Bee. Occasionally sends out a bee to attack foes!
Bone.png
Bonesaw- A guaranteed drop from Skeletron! Sends out a Skeletron Head that randomly shoots out bones!
Granite.png
Crackling Core- Drops from the Granite Elemental Post Skeletron. Inflicts the Energy Flux Debuff, reducing enemy defense.
Medusa.png
Gorgan Eye- Drops from Hoplites Post Skeletron. Rarely petrifies enemies!
WEye.png
Peeper- Drops from the Wall of Flesh. Summons a hungry to guard you!
Cog.png
Cog Thrower- Sold by the Steampunker. Throws out exploding cogs at foes!
PBoot.png
Pirate's Booty- Drops from certain pirates rarely. Hits on enemies can make them drop more gold!
Ichor.png
Purulence- Drops from Floaty Grosses and Ichor Stickers. Shoots out splashes of ichor!
Rune.png
The Spellbinder- A guaranteed drop from the powerful Rune Wizard! Fires an unstable yoyo that has a very short use time, but fires multiple wall and enemy piercing rune blasts!
Equinox.png
Dawnstar- Drops from Lamias in the Underground Desert. Shoots out twinkling stars rarely.
Reap.png
Dispatcher- Dropped by Reapers in the Solar Eclipse yoyo. Shoots out rotating death yoyo projectiles that linger, dealing damage to enemies!
Probe.png
The Probe- Drops from the Destroyer's Probes. Fires a bunch of lasers randomly!
Cursed.png
Damnation- Dropped by Spazmatism (only Spazmatism, not Retinazer) occasionally. Shoots out a spurt of cursed flames that pierces through enemies!
SkellyV.png
Vicelazer- Drops from Skeletron Prime. When launched, four smaller yoyos orbit around it!
Crumbler.png
Crumbler- Drops from SantaNK1. Does a lot of damage, but has no added effects!
Lucky Charm.png

New Yoyo Charms! Each increases a Melee Stat that's bound to aid you in your Yoyo endeavors.
Demonite Charm: Crafted with Demonite Bars and Chains at an Anvil!
Crimtane Charm: Crafted with Crimtane Bars and Chains at an Anvil.
Amazonian Charm: Crafted with Vines and Jungle Spores at an Anvil.
Bone Charm: Crafted with Bones and Chains at an Anvil.
Hellstone Charm: Crafted with Hellstone Bars and Chains at an Anvil!
Twilight Talisman/Bloody Bauble: Crafted with all of the Charms obtainable in your world at a Demon Altar. A combination of all the Charms!
ice_screenshot_20160624-195142.png
Damnation in Action!
ice_screenshot_20160624-195212.png
The evil Ancient...
ice_screenshot_20160624-195500.png
Mario's chosen Yoyo, the Fireball!
ice_screenshot_20160630-114232.png
Still Hungry...
ice_screenshot_20160630-113936.png
Skeletron Prime and his Yoyo minions!
ice_screenshot_20160627-232013.png
Fear the Sharkyoyo!
ice_screenshot_20160701-094832.png
The Creeper's afterimage
ice_screenshot_20160701-114813.png
Purpleeeeeeeeeeee.....
ice_screenshot_20160702-133414.png
The Plague latches on...
ice_screenshot_20160703-103959.png
The Spitball has a mind of its own!
ice_screenshot_20160705-230515.png
Yoyotron!
Expect a few more Yoyos to be added in the near future, I do have a little free time on my hands!
Download:
Available on the Mod Browser. Or, the tmod(enclosed in a zip) file is attached here.
Credits:
- The tmodloader team for making an amazing api for modders to work with!
- @Zocklukas, @Leemyy and -@TMC for teaching me how to code!
-@Moinaut for the Damnation sprite, which I messed with a bit.
- @Spoopyro for the awesome Yoyo art!
- @infernon for his ideas and sprites!
- @MiningdiamondsVIII and @SnugBoat for their Bonesaw idea and sprites!
- @Jaybird for their Crumbler idea
- @TMC again for helping me with Vicelazer
- @timboss for the awesome yoyo ideas!
HAS GAPS (UNRELIABLE :p)
Current Update- 0.7.5!
0.6- Added 2 new yoyos, buffed and nerfed a couple others
0.5.8- Adds 1 new Yoyo, and new resprites!
0.4.5- Added 4 new Yoyos, fixed a bug with Balance, renamed Balance
0.2.5- Added 2 Yoyos, fixed a bug with Fireball
0.2- Added 2 New Yoyos, changed drop rates of others
0.1.2- Added Damnation and Equality. Fixed Yoyo rotation 'bug'
0.1- Original release. Added 8 Yoyos.
Thank you for reading, and have a nice day :)

Attachments

• YoyoOverload.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 19,386
Last edited:
herro
haven't downloaded it yet
but seems like a really good mod
by the way, it's nice that you're making mini-mods, but i really think you should put most of your work into the spirit mod
just a suggestion mod
keep up the good work fam

edit: I'm gonna do a yoyo only playthrough with this and the Yoyo Expansion mod.
wish me luck

herro
haven't downloaded it yet
but seems like a really good mod
by the way, it's nice that you're making mini-mods, but i really think you should put most of your work into the spirit mod
just a suggestion mod
keep up the good work fam

edit: I'm gonna do a yoyo only playthrough with this and the Yoyo Expansion mod.
wish me luck
Have fun! Glad you like it, most of the yoyos here will be in Spirit too. Don't worry about your playthrough, I'll be adding more yoyos soon :)

I swear those wooden yoyos look familar? did you just take them out of your spirit mod and released them early in this one?

Hey all! A quick update!
-Added two new Yoyos- Damnation and Equality!
- Fixed a small bug in which yoyos were rotating waaaaaaaaay too fast

-Also, added better looking screenshots to the thread :)
I hope you like it, expect more updates in the future!

Those are some noice sprites, did you do them?
If I could make a suggestion, how about giving the vanilla yoyos effects? The Eye of Cthulhu yoyo could spit out homing eyeballs or something.

Last edited:
Those are some noice sprites, did you do them?
If I could make a suggestion, how about giving the vanilla yoyos effects? The Eye of Cthulhu yoyo could spit out homing eyeballs or something.
Thanks! I did make the sprites myself, except for damnation, in which I edited a sprite given to me :D
It's easily possible for the EoC to have that effect, but I wouldn't know how to edit Vanilla code, I'm not too experienced.

Yes, bro. I share the same passion of the yoyos. They are actually my fave class, and I'm probably going to design some sprites for the Spirit mod once suggestions come back. I just came over from Happy Day's super hype new yoyo series. Dayum, yoyos are da best. Also, you should make a new post plantera yoyo that drops from plantera called the Light Bulb. It looks somewhat like plantera's bulb (that you use to spawn her), but it has a slight glowing effect (like a lightbulb). And it also has a chance to randomly shoot out petals. I could work on the sprite, but I'm going outta town this week, leaving tomorrow, so I can't guarantee it will be done this week.

Last edited:
Duke Fishron should drop a YoYo called "The Duke" that shoots out bubbles or sharknados. Kinda like a pseudo-Flairon, maybe?

Another suggestion from me would be Gem YoYos. Wooden YoYo + 10 gems = Gem YoYo. They could shoot projectiles similar to gem staves.

Tried drawing the Fireball yoyo
Nice! Your artwork is, as usual, amazing :)
Duke Fishron should drop a YoYo called "The Duke" that shoots out bubbles or sharknados. Kinda like a pseudo-Flairon, maybe?

Another suggestion from me would be Gem YoYos. Wooden YoYo + 10 gems = Gem YoYo. They could shoot projectiles similar to gem staves.
Those ideas are pretty solid, I'll be working on them soon.

Hey what about my plantera drop idea? :( #sad
I completely didn't see that post :p But I'm not sure I'll be adding a Plantera Yoyo because of what's in the next update...
[doublepost=1466908002,1466907986][/doublepost]
Hey what about my plantera drop idea? :( #sad
I completely didn't see that post :p But I'm not sure I'll be adding a Plantera Yoyo because of what's in the next update...

Back
Top Bottom