Things you always do before entering hardmode?

I eat breakfast for preparation! ...wait a second...

I don't usually build a hellevator and instead just go through the mines I've made (because I'm lazy and making hellevators is boring XD). I do however build walling to keep out surface corruptions and hallows from my main town. I usually try to make enough housing for the hardmode npcs. Last playthrough I fished up some potion fish before hardmode but I usually don't really fish.

Oh yes! a boss arena is always a must have imo, sometimes I also build a wyvern arena but not usually.

1. Make sure all bosses besides King Slime are dead (King Slime's optional)
2. Get higher tier armor (Shadow/Crimson, Molten, Necro, Jungle, Meteor, or one of the robes + Meteor Leggings)
3. Build large platform.
4. Set music to 0%
5. Boot up "Roller Mobster" by Carpenter Brut
6. FIGHT THE FRIGGIN' WOF

-Go crate fishing. Only open enough to get what I want from them. If you wait to open the rest during hardmode, you'll get hardmode stuff even if you caught them before hardmode. (This works fom holiday bags/gifts/etc. as well.)

-Try to obtain all useful rewards from daily fishing.

-Create artificial biomes. These will be the homes of biome specific NPCs, flower farms and fishing holes.

-Create a sky bridge with tracks. Great for farming stars, wyverns and various other sky stuff. Plus, a easy way to get around before teleporters.

-Get the Reaver Shark from fishing in the ocean. It can mine Cobalt and Palladium which you usually can't mine until you obtain a hardmode pickaxe. (I use it to get Molten Armor.)

-Create my pris-er...mansion..and lock up the NPCs so they can't be stupid.

-Get wiring done for teleporters so once I get access, the harder work is done without having to deal with hardmode stuff. (Locations such as the dungeon, the temple, hell and etc.).

-Create a hellavator. Still useful even if you have teleporters.

-Create a couple different types of boss/event arenas.

-Get a Cholorphyte farm prepared.

-Be way over-prepared.

-Laugh as you slaughter everything... until one slime magically kills you somehow.

-Get the Reaver Shark from fishing in the ocean. It can mine Cobalt and Palladium which you usually can't mine until you obtain a hardmode pickaxe. (I use it to get Molten Armor.)

A Molten Pickaxe can mine Cobalt and Palladium. The main reason to get a reaver shark, is to be able to one-shot most blocks before arriving in the Underworld early-game. Also, Hellstone and Obsidian both can be mined with the 2nd boss's drop pickaxes (Demonite+Scales or Crimtane+Tissue Samples).

Once you get to the Underworld, I find that I like the Molten Pickaxe a little more than the Reaver Shark despite it being just a touch slower, because it emits light while you swing it whereas the Reaver Shark doesn't unless you equip the accessory that drops from enemies in the underworld.

Might be a bit late to give my input, but:
1. Have the best possible armor, equipment and accessories for the class you are choosing in Hardmode. Oh and
2. Have an idea of what class you're choosing in Hardmode.
3. Try to at least have built an hellevator, a base that can fit +-23 NPCs, a Plantera Bulb/Life Fruit farm, a skybridge, a surface Mushroom Biome (I'm probably missing stuff but that's all I can remember)
4. Make tunnels around any Corruption or Crimson in your world.
5. Have a good part of your world explored, and if you are going for the Spider Armor in early hardmode, for god's sake, find a Spider nest before Hardmode.
6. Build a plant farm.
7. Although this one is optional, I enjoy finding some crates before Hardmode, so I can try to have a bit of Hardmode ores before smashing the Altars.
I think that's it, have fun y'all!

Last edited:
I generally do an apple fast for three days beforehand, visit my chiropractor and masseuse, and drop by the health clinic for a colonic. I'll also visit my spiritual advisor to have my chakras aligned and my aura tuned up.

When it's almost time to enter hardmode, I pull the blackout curtains down over the windows in my computer room, light some resin incense and a bundle of sage, and also light up a few dozen organically-sourced beeswax candles for ambiance and to invite positive energy. Finally, I like to arrange my Himalayan salt crystals into an auspicious pyramid formation to maximize the transmission of positive ions.

Once I start the game, I strip down to my birthday suit and make sure to have my 55-gallon drum of lube handy. I'll also typically require at least seven cartons of unfiltered cigarettes and a few gallons of Colombian coffee to see me through to the end.

-Make a bunch of sky-boxes at one edge of the map to hold every npc so I don't have to expand town soon
-Fish a :red:load of boxes so i don't have to mine much if I'm lucky
-Sacrifice the guide thrice just for fun.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Make the night's edge if I hadn't already, build a bigger arena for the mechanical bosses, and that's pretty much it. On one world I dug four massive tunnels and broke all the background walls to keep the crimson from overtaking my base and the jungle (because enraged Plantera.) I'm mostly excited to reach Hardmode after all the hard work, so I tried to get there as quickly as possible!

1 - build a lot'a stuff, like 23 themed houses for each npc
2 - make my base floating in the air using dynamite, so it can't be corrupted
3 - build afk farms and regular ones in each biome
4 - build traps and barricades
5 - kill every single boss and miniboss
6 - obtaing all of the possible pre-hardmode loot
7 - pre-build arena for each boss
8 - kill a bunny
well, that's it

Make a backup copy of the world in case hardmode puts me in a position I can't recover from.

What I do before hardmode:
  • Build houses for NPCs
  • Make an arena on the Base & Jungle
  • Make an area for chests that are all named
  • Make sure I have good armor equipped
  • Make sure I have good weapons
  • Make sure I have money
  • Make sure my base will not get infected with corruption/crimson/hollow
  • Make several hellevators
that's about it.

1. Dig hellevators on both sides of each evil
2. Build a lot of houses for hardmode NPCs
3. Make Night's Edge
4. Fish a ton for crates and save them for hardmode ores
5. Build an Underworld bridge
6. Try to get things like a Metal Detector, because some enemy spawns become rarer in hardmode
7. Say goodbye to my guide and my easily defeatable world

Back
Top Bottom