PC "This room is missing a wall"

there's probably a single tile of wall you've missed , they are hard to notice , but try to find it
Actually, you are allowed to have up to a 4x4 sized hole in background walls while still having the house being suitable, and you can have multiple of these holes as well. (It's how some of my builds actually allowed NPCs to live in them despite deliberate holes in the walls)

On the post itself, I do not know what's going on. I went in and recreated your house in game and achieved the same problem and found two fixes.
One: Cover the chimney with blocks or platforms. You can actuate blocks if you want to keep the hole
Two: Add the corners to the thing that's holding the honey. (Shown below)
2PT3lZG.png

You can hammer the blocks to make it look nicer if you want.
I think what's going on is that the game sees the two blocks and ignores them because they're not directly adjacent, so it is also counting the chimney above as part of the house you want npcs to occupy, and because that has a big, gaping hole on top it causes the housing to fail.

Yeah I have the same problem. My house is pretty dodgy, but I can't see what's wrong.

Attachments

• Terraria Bee House missing wall.png
    Terraria Bee House missing wall.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 9,912
Last time I got that message, I realized that an adjacent cavity in the mud was being counted as part of the house, so I needed to wall that too.

Independent from the natural wall:
If you select some kind of wall in your inventory and activate the smart cursor it should jump to a missing wall location near the player. This does not help if you want to have a specific hole in your wall but can be helpful

You have a rope running through all those rooms. Rooms need to be surrounded by a combination of tiles, platforms, and doors. So you'll need to remove those ropes and place platforms.

i hope it's okay to post here but i literally have no idea what makes this unsuitable housing. it just says i'm missing a wall but i've checked everything :(
Imgur

Are you talking about the room that you're standing in? Are you positively sure there are background walls everywhere, even behind the kiln/work benches?

i hope it's okay to post here but i literally have no idea what makes this unsuitable housing. it just says i'm missing a wall but i've checked everything :(
Imgur

The right-hand door has a platform directly outside it. Platforms outside doors sometimes seem to confuse the house-finding algorithm, and that might be your problem. Try replacing the first tile or two of platforms with blocks.

You cannot make houses out of naturally generated Walls, so in your case, that's the Dirt. There is one exception being Living Wood walls generated by Living Trees.

Belatedly: The sundisc walls in Sky Island huts also seem to count -- stick a light in one of those huts and it's a house.

Ive also been having this problem.. little hard to see because solar eclipse but I just cant find the wall, even the dirt walls underneath i made wood
20190914141706_1.jpg

I want the bed in the top room, but i tried it in both rooms (the room checker for housing) and they both said missing wall..
Weird. I certainly can't tell what's wrong from the screenshot: It looks all right to me.
If you upload your world, I don't mind visiting it and take a closer look.

Back
Top Bottom