tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there was that much changed. All I really noticed was that you need to delete all the constructors in your cs files.

A few things modders porting over from 1.2.2 should know:

1. In ALL cases of constructors, you must remove them. They are no longer needed because, as shockah stated, it was very annoying to add them into the class when they did nothing. Anything your mod needs to set on load should be done in that hook, OnLoad().

2. Defs was split up into it's components, the common ones are:

Defs.npcs -> NPCDef.byName
Defs.projectiles -> ProjDef.byName
Defs.items -> ItemDef.byName
Defs.buffs -> BuffDef.type (This is temporary)
Defs.tiles -> TileDef.type (This is temporary)

The key (ie the string you put in) for the above are the same as before. (Defs.npcs["MyMod:MyNPC"] -> NPCDef.byName["MyMod:MyNPC"])
The only one that is the same is Defs.prefixes, which is still in Defs.

Here's the link of the quote :D

Just go into every cs file, and delete wherever it says:
Code:
public classname(ModBase modBase, something) : base(modBase, something){ }

For example, in your AdamantiteStaff class:
Code:
using System;
using System.Diagnostics;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;

using TAPI;
using Terraria;

namespace ThoriumMod.Items
{
    public class AdamantiteStaff : ModItem
    {
        public AdamantiteStaff(ModBase modBase, Item I) : base(modBase, I){ }

public override bool PreShoot(Player player,Vector2 ShootPos,Vector2 ShootVelocity,int projType,int Damage,float knockback)
        {
            int ShotAmt = 4; // Amount of shots fired
            int spread = 20; // Shot spread
            float spreadMult = 0.05f; // Spread multiplier
            for(int i = 0; i < ShotAmt; i++)
            {
                float vX = ShootVelocity.X+(float)Main.rand.Next(-spread,spread+1) * spreadMult;
                float vY = ShootVelocity.Y+(float)Main.rand.Next(-spread,spread+1) * spreadMult;

Projectile.NewProjectile(ShootPos.X,ShootPos.Y,vX,vY,projType,Damage,knockback,Main.myPlayer);
            }
            return false;
        }
    }
}

You would delete the line:

Code:
public AdamantiteStaff(ModBase modBase, Item I) : base(modBase, I){ }

As to exactly what a constructor is, it is a special function that is called when a new instance of an object is created. The two unique things about constructors is that they always have the same name as the class, and have no return type (void, double, int, etc.) between the access modifier (public, internal, protected, or private) and the name. If you for some reason had any code inside the constructor, put it inside an OnLoad function.

Also, you need to rename the "Item" folder to "Items". You might need to do this for other folders too.

Last edited:
I might, but I cant think of what they would do. Any ideas?
Fire Boots- Leaves a trail of fire that lasts 1 second.
Growth Boots- Regrows grass and grows saplings
Purification Boots- Cleanses the whole block that you are standing on from the top to the bottom of the world-Uses solutions

if you're gonna update this to r11 you shouldn't delete the r10 of the Thoruim Mod+ if your wondering why, r11 is a bit so crashing in my computer and other maybe don't like to use the r11 and using r10 and they like you're mod, and also if you do it if you update r11 of Thorium Mod+ update r10 of Thorium Mod+ but in he future you wll delete it maybe and i'll be using h r11 if they fix the bug of r11 hope you understand by the way ime WreckitRalph :D:happy:

Seems easy enough, but the problem I'm having is with this line of code. I use it on a good bit of my items.
Code:
public override void DamageNPC(Player owner, NPC npc, int dir, ref int dmg, ref bool crit, ref float cMult)
        {

}
I'm inclined to believe they changed what needs to be there, but I'm not sure.

Code:
old:     public override void DamageNPC(Player owner, NPC npc, int dir, ref int dmg, ref bool crit, ref float cMult)

new:     public override void DamageNPC(Player owner, NPC npc, int hitDir, ref int damage, ref float knockback, ref bool crit, ref float critMult)

DamageNPC now has knockback in it.

Code:
old:     public override void DamageNPC(Player owner, NPC npc, int dir, ref int dmg, ref bool crit, ref float cMult)

new:     public override void DamageNPC(Player owner, NPC npc, int hitDir, ref int damage, ref float knockback, ref bool crit, ref float critMult)

DamageNPC now has knockback in it.
Whata you know, it fixed it! Thank you guys so much.

I personally think daggers should be buffed, they only attack from left to right and are outclassed by spears/sword Im not saying to make it aimable (is that even a word?) but maybe a little more damage and speed

I personally think daggers should be buffed, they only attack from left to right and are outclassed by spears/sword Im not saying to make it aimable (is that even a word?) but maybe a little more damage and speed

This might be an odd idea, and I'm speaking from ignorance, but what about a charge-up attack? See, in my mind, shortswords are kind of outclassed by everything, and daggers are basically just the shortswords of this mod. So, I think to myself, "What would make me use a weapon that's harder to hit with?" and oddly enough, the name gives me an idea.

In many RPGs, it's possible to use a dagger for a powerful backstab attack. However, that attack is usually difficult to pull off, due to having to sneak up on your target. Terraria doesn't really have the ability to do sneaking, but I think you could get a similar result. Make the shortswords/daggers quick, but weak. Then add a mechanic where if you hold down the attack button, they charge up, allowing you to deal one quick attack several times stronger than usual. Of course, since they still wouldn't have much range or knockback, you'd have to chose carefully when to use it, or you'll just end up getting yourself hit more. Basically, turn it into a "high risk, high reward" weapon, where dodging a lot more and hitting only when the time is right can potentially add up to higher DPS than other weapons, but also requires more skill to pull off.

This might be an odd idea, and I'm speaking from ignorance, but what about a charge-up attack? See, in my mind, shortswords are kind of outclassed by everything, and daggers are basically just the shortswords of this mod. So, I think to myself, "What would make me use a weapon that's harder to hit with?" and oddly enough, the name gives me an idea.

In many RPGs, it's possible to use a dagger for a powerful backstab attack. However, that attack is usually difficult to pull off, due to having to sneak up on your target. Terraria doesn't really have the ability to do sneaking, but I think you could get a similar result. Make the shortswords/daggers quick, but weak. Then add a mechanic where if you hold down the attack button, they charge up, allowing you to deal one quick attack several times stronger than usual. Of course, since they still wouldn't have much range or knockback, you'd have to chose carefully when to use it, or you'll just end up getting yourself hit more. Basically, turn it into a "high risk, high reward" weapon, where dodging a lot more and hitting only when the time is right can potentially add up to higher DPS than other weapons, but also requires more skill to pull off.
To add on to this, to make it so you can't just facetank everything while you charge it, make it so the charge "breaks" when you get hit.

To add on to this, to make it so you can't just facetank everything while you charge it, make it so the charge "breaks" when you get hit.
Yes, that would probably be a good idea. Although, just the fact of getting hit when using another weapon could hold things off with knockback ought to be discouragement. I do think that's in keeping with my intent, though, and makes more sense with things you normally couldn't push back, like bosses.

My brain is itching for the obsidian armor, aren't enough obsidian skin potions in hell for the plans I have for... hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom