tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably should have posted this not as a reply... If anyone is interested in a small spoiler, I put up a vid of a new item I made. Its not too complicated, but I thought it was kinda cool. If you guys seem to like it, I can do other quick videos about upcoming changes, considering there are a lot of them. -Click here for video-

vGq1cGH.gif

I'm excited for this and for 1.3 coming out soon! Also for Pleased Giraffe to be released (hopefully soon) for Starbound. The hype is real. 2015 is a great year so far.

...right, sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled thread!

EDIT:
Didn't wanna show my second image. Oh well. lol

Coznix feels very unfair at the moment, the fact that he is fought in the underworld(which already has little room for dodging), can apparently turn on a dime while charging just so he can hit you and shoots homing projectiles that outruns you, how are you supposed to avoid damage?

Coznix feels very unfair at the moment, the fact that he is fought in the underworld(which already has little room for dodging), can apparently turn on a dime while charging just so he can hit you and shoots homing projectiles that outruns you, how are you supposed to avoid damage?
my thoughts exactly..i fought him after I beat the golem and it was very hard..maybe I just suck though but my pygmys wernt doing so great :p

Maybe he needs a slight nerf... But with the proper arena, hes easily taken out with Mythril. I think...? I've seen people take him down pretty easily with Dragon/Flesh armor. Either way, maybe I should check him out again.

Edit - Okay, okay. After fighting him a couple times, Its his charge that's definitely the problem, you're right. While you can grapple away from his Homing Gaze, his charge is pretty much undodgeable. He also ends up out of reach leaving you vulnerable to his lasers with out any chance to counter attack. So what I've just done is half his charge speed and distance and also reduced the time his Homing Gaze is active, meaning it wont chase you nearly as long. After testing it, he seems much easier, and a lot less problematic. He wont end up out of reach, and you can dodge his attacks. No more free damage! ;)

Last edited:
Maybe he needs a slight nerf. But with the proper arena, hes easily taken out with Mythril. I think...? I've seen people take him down pretty easily with Dragon/Flesh armor. Either way, maybe he needs a nerf or two. I'll lower the speed of his projectiles and make his charge a little more rare. But with that nerf, his drops might be a little weaker too.

The only nerfs he needs are.

1. Not being able to turn mid charge, it just feels like him getting a cheap hit, it should be more like EoC or Spazmatism 2nd form.
2. His homing projectiles just need to be a little bit slower and less pinpoint on the homing, I have elemental boots, titan wings and a few speed increasing accessories(I got around 50% increased speed when using a swiftness potion) and I still cant outrun the homing projectiles

Surprisingly, I beat him even before with just the Titanium/Adamantite or Titan Armor on a Mage and Ranger. Took a bit longer on a Melee, but it worked. Yeah, he's difficult, but the combo of potions, a cleared area in the Underworld (as well as using the Hell Bridge if you made one) and the Renew (or Mason's Cross after the update that provided it), you can effectively kill him even with the old AI. Funny part was, I found him to be easier than the other three HM Mech Bosses, Plantera and the Duke.

Still, great to know about the changes. I need to update since I haven't updated Thorium in a while because I made changes to the mining speed of some of the late-normal and early-hardmode pickaxes to be at about the same speed (if not a tiny bit faster) as their vanilla counterparts. That was always the thing that turned me off was the mining speed. It gave me no incentive to want to use the mods pickaxes, axes or hammers, so I edited them myself and recompiled. Still, I really should update to enjoy the new stuff until the big update after 1.3.

Hey first time trying to install a mod and was wondering how to activate the mod in terraria. any advice?
Okay. Download the .tapi file for the mod (sometimes it is placed in a .zip file, simply extract it if this is the case), and double click it. You should something pop up to tell you it successfully copied it. Now launch tAPI, hit mods, and double click and mods you want activated/deactivated, and hit reload mods, and you should be set!

If anyone wants 2 know how to find the code for a mod like thorium just download its tAPI and rename it to ModName.zip

Ice Cube overpowered :3

for ony 6 shards weapon what deals something like 20 or 30 dmg (frostburn eff) for 5 mana, nerf it :p

Ice Cube overpowered :3

for ony 6 shards weapon what deals something like 20 or 30 dmg (frostburn eff) for 5 mana, nerf it :p
yeah I made a post a while back..all the shard weapons are very overpowered even the weaker ones because of the frostburn..that's around 6 damage per second...combined with the damage of the frost weapon itself which is maybe 6-12(?) depending on the eye of cthulus defense... if you hit it once every second you can beat the eye in around 200-150 seconds with no other equipment

yeah I made a post a while back..all the shard weapons are very overpowered even the weaker ones because of the frostburn..that's around 6 damage per second...combined with the damage of the frost weapon itself which is maybe 6-12(?) depending on the eye of cthulus defense... if you hit it once every second you can beat the eye in around 200-150 seconds with no other equipment
Dissolve is also really easy to get which makes it way 2 overpowered for prehardmode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom