Title/trophy ideas.

I'd be a little concerned if people 'resurrecting' a thread from a dormant state were awarded with a title and confectional gift bag.

I would totally reward necros on MY threads! Just need to think of what to put in the gift bag. ahahaha

In all seriousness, maybe that isn't the greatest idea for a title... how about posting a certain amount of messages in several different forum subsections? That should do nicely for a Chaos Elemental title, or something.

The sorts of ideas we would be open to:

- Things that make unusual individuals stand out in their contributions to the forums. Excessive post count or like count does not necessarily qualify, we already have plenty of those. It helps if this is something easily measured, such as nomination for a contest or winning a competition.

- Nothing that involves breaking the rules or inconveniencing others.

- Nothing like "posted in a certain thread" or "had this type of avatar". These are pretty trivial and don't do much, they are way too easy to get, and are a nightmare for us to put into the system . . . Loki would pretty much have to manually award the trophy to EVERY person who did it. Just sorting through the requests would be a disaster. On TO, there was an entire account dedicated to this task, and it was swamped and could never keep up.

Yeah, I would want:

> Suggestion implemented title.
> Contest won title.
> Giveaway title.
> Forum suggestion approved of. ((Think this already exists, don't know.))

I just had an idea for getting a trophy for being tagged a certain amount of times, but then people would just end up begging others to tag them... This is not easy...

An astounding number of trophy ideas end up just coming down to "I'll just farm for it". Very depressing, we spent over a month discussing ideas on the beta forum.

Yeah, I would want:

> Suggestion implemented title.
> Contest won title.
> Giveaway title.
> Forum suggestion approved of. ((Think this already exists, don't know.))

These two already exist:
Forum suggestion/significant contribution to the forums - Mechanic title
Giveaway - Santa title

No contest specific title, but we did give out the Horseman title to participants in the Halloween contest, and the Pumpking title to winners.

Game suggestions is something we've discussed, and there are significant hurdles to figuring out if its a good thing to add, and how exactly to do it.

An astounding number of trophy ideas end up just coming down to "I'll just farm for it". Very depressing, we spend over a month discussing ideas on the beta forum.
yeah... its hard to come up with a trophy idea that isn't too easy to get and won't cause people to farm for, but also isn't nearly impossible for most members to get...

I rember discussing with Loki a while ago about us at the CC and those at the TTT getting special titles. If I remember correctly he said it would be a possibility, (although technically we already get the party girl title). What if like is for us to have two titles like some of the dev staff.

So that I'm not just suggesting something for a very exclusive group, what about one for making a popular mod? Something like that could work?

I rember discussing with Loki a while ago about us at the CC and those at the TTT getting special titles. If I remember correctly he said it would be a possibility, (although technically we already get the party girl title). What if like is for us to have two titles like some of the dev staff.

So that I'm not just suggesting something for a very exclusive group, what about one for making a popular mod? Something like that could work?

With mods, we would need clearly defined parameters as for what counts as a popular mod or not. Otherwise, we have to manually judge any mod maker that thinks they deserve one.

There isn't any single method I can think of to keep track of this . . . likes on initial post? Doesn't mean much, since maybe the initial post is pretty lackluster. Posts in thread? Could just mean a lot of discussion. How would want decide "what is" a popular mod?

thought of this:
Wall of Flesh: permabanned from the forums.

Reread my earlier post:

We aren't rewarding misbehavior, ever. Nor are we trying to publicly shame people who break rules either.

With mods, we would need clearly defined parameters as for what counts as a popular mod or not. Otherwise, we have to manually judge any mod maker that thinks they deserve one.

There isn't any single method I can think of to keep track of this . . . likes on initial post? Doesn't mean much, since maybe the initial post is pretty lackluster. Posts in thread? Could just mean a lot of discussion. How would want decide "what is" a popular mod?

Reread my earlier post:

We aren't rewarding misbehavior, ever. Nor are we trying to publicly shame people who break rules either.
If only we had some kind of built in download counter for the mod section.

If only we had some kind of built in download counter for the mod section.

That wouldn't work either. A poor quality mod made by a big name, or that LOOKED good, might get thousands of downloads, while a perfectly solid mod that is fantastic might just never get a lot of notice.

I wouldn't count download total as a good gauge of quality.

Here's titles + trophies that might work nice if achievements were added:

Addicted/Obsessed: awarded for killing all bosses (maybe in one save file?). Unlocks title: OCD Patient (might not be the best name).

Patience is a Virtue: awarded for killing a boss with a copper shortsword. Unlocks title: Wise Old Man.

Boner: Kill the Dungeon Guardian. Unlocks title: Dungeon Guardian.

That's just a few.

That wouldn't work either. A poor quality mod made by a big name, or that LOOKED good, might get thousands of downloads, while a perfectly solid mod that is fantastic might just never get a lot of notice.

I wouldn't count download total as a good gauge of quality.
I now see your trouble. You'd come up against opinions too.

What about one for completing, say 100 requests in some kind of workshop? Like samruxs avatar one.

I'll just take a brain dump of sorts, I guess.

Skeleton Sniper: earn more than 100 likes on a single post. (Can this be automated?)
Man Eater: start a thread that gets more than 5000 views.
King Slime: Cenx or Redigit posts on a thread you started.

I'll just take a brain dump of sorts, I guess.

Skeleton Sniper: earn more than 100 likes on a single post. (Can this be automated?)
Man Eater: start a thread that gets more than 5000 views.
King Slime: Cenx or Redigit posts on a thread you started.
The only title I'd have to semi-disagree with is the Skeleton Sniper. I mean, you must have done an excellent job getting that quantity of likes on a post, but it's kind of tying in with the whole 'not going to award people for likes or posts' deal. Other than that, the other titles seem reasonable.

The only title I'd have to semi-disagree with is the Skeleton Sniper. I mean, you must have done an excellent job getting that quantity of likes on a post, but it's kind of tying in with the whole 'not going to award people for likes or posts' deal. Other than that, the other titles seem reasonable.
That may be so, but this isn't a title that can be farmed. I made sure of that much. It's parallel to The Destroyer/Retinazor, sorta.

I know, I was implying that I was sort of fifty-fifty with it, because the content must be good to have received that quantity of likes, and can't be 'farmed', but it's also slipping into the award for like part. It's alright, I guess, but the final word is for the staff members to give.

Back
Top Bottom