Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] A Revamp Of The 3 Alternate Evils

-Corruptors should regain their corruptive spit. This was a really unique ability of the Corruption, once it grew near the Player's domain, The Corruptors would make things even more difficult, and would at all times work to make it spread even further, only thick barricades could shut it out. It was removed in 1.2 as it was considered overpowered, but with the implementation of the Clentaminator I beg to differ.

-The Crimson should feature a new liquid, Ichor, that upon impact with blocks spreads Crimson, set it into motion and it will pour out over surfaces and convert everything in its path. Similar in physics to honeyblocks, destroying Crimstone has a chance of letting go of about half a bucket worth of this liquid. Breaking pots has this effect as well. - Firing random shots into the dark, or trying to mine away the Crimson would therefore NOT be very smart moves, as it may just spread even further by you doing so. Purification Powder and Clentaminator is the way to go. Touching ichor will inflict the Ichor-debuff, and will therefore become one of the major hazards discussed later on.

-The Burrowers, both Rotted and Normal would spread Contagious spores upon death, converting a small area of a few blocks where they die to Contagion. Waging wars against the Contagion outside of its own domain will be a futile effort since the more you slay, the further it spreads. (Minor reference to Gibli Studios' Nausicäe) Dealing with the mobs inside quarantines or within the biome itself would therefore be a more recommended approach.

There would be a special kind of mushroom in the Contagion, similar in shape to the Mushroom workbench, two blocks wide, but with a distinct appearance. When stepping on it it explodes dealing moderate damage, but also releases a cloud of spores. If you are unlucky enough to be hit by these spores you will get a debuff inflicted upon you, Contamination. This debuff covers your characters in spore-particles and makes the player themself temporarily spread Contagion wherever they go, binding the player to the Mires as long as the debuff lasts. (Want suggestions regarding how long this debuff should last, thinking maybe 2 mins).
No. The reason Corruptors lost this ability was because they could easily follow you back from anywhere and continue firing at you, making anywhere you go and more vulnerable to Corruption. I had one follow me back from the Ocean to my base in the middle of a large world just to corrupt it. Destroyer came and my town turned into an uninhabitable wasteland.
All these mechanics don't add challenge or fun to the game, just tedium. Taking care of biome spread would be even more of a chore than it is now.

-text that doesn't offer constructive criticism-

This is easily fixed by having them despawn when they leave their Evil biome, like Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu. The idea is for the BORDERS to be difficult and have the player actively control the spread of the biome versus just a passive spread, not the entire world to be converted into whatever the Evil is. To this extent, you are correct that the Corruptors are vastly overpowered, since they bypass the border, which is an unfortunate effect of them not having a fail-safe. Perhaps they could be like snatchers and be tied to the ground as well.

This is easily fixed by having them despawn when they leave their Evil biome, like Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu. The idea is for the BORDERS to be difficult and have the player actively control the spread of the biome versus just a passive spread, not the entire world to be converted into whatever the Evil is. To this extent, you are correct that the Corruptors are vastly overpowered, since they bypass the border, which is an unfortunate effect of them not having a fail-safe. Perhaps they could be like snatchers and be tied to the ground as well.
Geez, don't be a douche, changing his post like that. I happen to agree with him.

Geez, don't be a douche, changing his post like that. I happen to agree with him.
He literally said "No." and provided an ancedote, not a possible way to fix the incurrent issue that he once had. Simply disagreeing with a statement without offering an alternative is not constructive.

He had a wall of text, which is why I changed it to that statement. Nobody wants a quote of 500 words in their comment, as it makes the comment too large.

He literally said "No." and provided an ancedote, not a possible way to fix the incurrent issue that he once had. Simply disagreeing with a statement without offering an alternative is not constructive.

He had a wall of text, which is why I changed it to that statement. Nobody wants a quote of 500 words in their comment, as it makes the comment too large.
Your quote would only have had his comment. The alternative is staying the way it is now. It's already hard enough without added ways of screwing you over before you can get 2 plat and kill a mech.

Your quote would only have had his comment. The alternative is staying the way it is now. It's already hard enough without added ways of screwing you over before you can get 2 plat and kill a mech.
In which case I am at fault; however, this is getting off topic.

The Corruption isn't that difficult to deal with, even if you're in Expert mode. Re-adding the vile spit would be fine (in my opinion) if the creatures of the Corruption were limited there, since thematically it's their home. There's already an in game check for the Eater of Worlds, so it's easily implemented.

In which case I am at fault; however, this is getting off topic.

The Corruption isn't that difficult to deal with, even if you're in Expert mode. Re-adding the vile spit would be fine (in my opinion) if the creatures of the Corruption were limited there, since thematically it's their home. There's already an in game check for the Eater of Worlds, so it's easily implemented.
Actually you've given me an idea. Vile spit should be re-implemented, but only in Expert worlds. It's fair for people who've already played a normal world and find it boringly not challenging.

Actually you've given me an idea. Vile spit should be re-implemented, but only in Expert worlds. It's fair for people who've already played a normal world and find it boringly not challenging.
Bingo. This is actually one of the many things I would like to change when or if I finally have time to work on these threads again.

Maybe u could craft it, but it would be a bloody star band or something...
Here is my idea of the recipe
(I made the sprite)

image.png +image.png =image.png

Oh, also, I don't know if it's been brought up, but with the changes you suggest about the Crimson spread, an area around a pool of Ichor would NEVER be able to turn pure. Or at least I'm pretty sure. Correct me if I'm wrong.
[doublepost=1461936752,1461936659][/doublepost]Not that it matters much to me, I'm not much of an Expert mode player myself.

Back
Top Bottom