Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] Necronomitron and The Dungeon

This is definitely a neat idea. However, I have to say, there's really no such thing as "too hard to beat" traps, as a prepared player can simply snip all the wires and proceed into the dungeon without invident. Other than that though, this is a really neat idea.

This is definitely a neat idea. However, I have to say, there's really no such thing as "too hard to beat" traps, as a prepared player can simply snip all the wires and proceed into the dungeon without invident. Other than that though, this is a really neat idea.
That is a very good observation, I will take it into consideration. -But traps doesn't necessarily have to be wire-able. They can also be entitys and blocks. There is quite a lot of potential for more experimental traps, especially if you go out of your way to think differently than just wireables.

That's quite a good idea actually, maybe like, randomly spawning pentagram-entities that you have to do a lot of damage to before they go away, that constantly spew out skeletons!
That is an awesome idea, and would be really cool to see in-game.

Also, I just had an interesting idea for something that can be done about the traps problem- a unique fourth wrench that places wire that can't be removed using normal wire cutters- you need some kind of special wire cutters (both could even have increased range) to cut them, both of which could be dropped by a unique monster in the post-Fishron dungeon.

A great suggestion as always , your suggestions are always so detailed and great. This one has everything a great suggestion needs , and it has potential to become a great mod.

There are three huuuuuuuuuuge issues that I have with thious. First, Implementation be unbeleiveably difficult, second, it makes a huge hole in the map, and third, it just changes too much. A new biome? New traps? New enemies? This would just change progression far too much. And on a side note, this would pretty much remove the chance for fu

Question what happens to the 3 hardmode dungeon factions are they replaced?
It sounds like you have removed them in favor of other things...
(to be honest the traps seem unnecessary as if you can't get in you can't get in and there is nothing to gain at that point of the game.)

There are three huuuuuuuuuuge issues that I have with thious. First, Implementation be unbeleiveably difficult, second, it makes a huge hole in the map, and third, it just changes too much. A new biome? New traps? New enemies? This would just change progression far too much. And on a side note, this would pretty much remove the chance for fu
In fact, implementation would most likely be super-easy, since the only really big changes are generation-related, not even some fancy gimmick or twist to it, just a generation coinciding with the generation of Light and Dark. And implementing bosses have proven not so difficult either since we happen to have loads of them already. A huge hole in the map you say? Wouldn't you say that hardmode skybiome is an a little bit more pressing issue in that regard, since it covers approximately half of the entire open buildingspace available to players during the course of the entire second half of game thanks to the no-clipping Wyverns, as opposed to the Dungeon, which takes up only a margin. Please define "Too much" as I really can't see any real major change whatsoever.

New biomes isn't even a topic for debate on this particular thread, for that, visit either the portfolio or the Contagion-thread itself.

New traps I don't even see what could possibly be in the way, blockwise or entitywise.

New enemies: -At this point, why are you even posting in the suggestion forum at all?

And as a matter of fact, this idea won't change progression whatsoever, it will clarify it and expand it onwards, not breaking any existing levels.

Regarding that side-note though, I am curious to know what you mean with "fu".

Last edited:
Question what happens to the 3 hardmode dungeon factions are they replaced?
It sounds like you have removed them in favor of other things...
(to be honest the traps seem unnecessary as if you can't get in you can't get in and there is nothing to gain at that point of the game.)
Ah! The factions remain otherwise the same, only the "Blue skeletons" are swapped for more appropriate ones, both rust and infernal remain the same. -Though the traps will indeed be next to unnecessary in early-hardmode it WILL build suspense for the players. And eventually provide a suitable difficulty-enhancement of the traps when visiting the hardmode dungeon with it's hardmode mobs for real.

Ah! The factions remain otherwise the same, only the "Blue skeletons" are swapped for more appropriate ones, both rust and infernal remain the same. -Though the traps will indeed be next to unnecessary in early-hardmode it WILL build suspense for the players. And eventually provide a suitable difficulty-enhancement of the traps when visiting the hardmode dungeon with it's hardmode mobs for real.
for traps if you do the equivalent of blazing wheels and flails then Sz has a related suggestion though I don't know if its been added here yet...
any physical traps would be impossible to add as new structures are not added at any point of progression only converted

Back
Top Bottom