Portfolio/Multi-Topic Tobbvald's Tinkering

I updated Covert and Contagion with info regarding Mummies.

I also entirely reworked the Sword-rebalancing thread, it now features all 6 blades, as well as an expansion on their respective true-abilities.

Be sure to check it out! I will update you here when I make more changes.

I'm just now reading the re-post of this (i had originally seen it on TO), and i must say though it was amazing before it has improved since then. I want this in the game almost as badly as the cyber now (which is very badly). I noticed you had not quite confirmed a name for the metal yet; may i suggest tyrannium?

I'm just now reading the re-post of this (i had originally seen it on TO), and i must say though it was amazing before it has improved since then. I want this in the game almost as badly as the cyber now (which is very badly). I noticed you had not quite confirmed a name for the metal yet; may i suggest tyrannium?
Which metal are you referring to? I maybe just forgot to add it, in which case I would be grateful for the help!

Which metal are you referring to? I maybe just forgot to add it, in which case I would be grateful for the help!
Wooowwww..... I just realized, i just posted this on the wrong thread. This was supposed to be on the thread about the contagion. So sorry about that!

Man, all of this should be in the game, including The Cyber biome by Zoomo. Really good, logical ideas that would really fit the game. The sprites are great as well.

Wonder what the chances are of this actually being implemented.

The polish-phase is go! Lots of threads are going through minor to major facelifts and I'm planning the release of the forgotten part, the one aimed at early to mid hardmode. This is when things start to tie together, so be sure to point out anything missing to the threads to help me get a perspective of what needs to be done. Don't worry if I can't get to it immediately, for my motivation and inspiration are both sporadic and unpredictable, but I can guarantee that all things will be taken care of as I get to it.

You know what I just realized... Every single one of the evils/goods' names start with a C... Except for the Hallow. Corruption, Crimson, Contagion, Cyber, Covert... and Hallow? Am I the only one who finds that a bit off-putting? I mean, no critique against your name choices, I love them, and I know you probably intentionally named them something with C, but it just seems really strange that all but one of them would have a C name, if they were to get implemented in the game I mean.

Please enlighten me if there's a reason for all of this =P

Hallow is an amazing name. However, I would see it renamed to something like "The Cherry" to make them all start with C :3

Probably the same as The Brotherhood / Skeletons, not a whole lot. Since there are no indications of any real connections with any of the presumably six different factions they're simply placed in Purity along with all other non-affected parties.

But regarding the Dungeon inhabitants, bringing them up is kind of a border case, they show a lot of hints to some kind of relevance to the evil factions, But my personal theory is that they're simply worshipping them, a kind of anti-purity party without belonging to any single evil faction.

The Goblins on the other hand have had too little player-interaction as of yet, they lack any real guidelines as to where they belong, if they even live on the same island as the player's playthrough takes place. They are after all travelling to you, implying they come from far away. I guess all they more purple aspects of the mages could be interpreted as a Corruption allegiance, but keep in mind that those are pre 1.2 sprites, they may very wall simply be outdated, or irrelevant.

Probably the same as The Brotherhood / Skeletons, not a whole lot. Since there are no indications of any real connections with any of the presumably six different factions they're simply placed in Purity along with all other non-affected parties.

But regarding the Dungeon inhabitants, bringing them up is kind of a border case, they show a lot of hints to some kind of relevance to the evil factions, But my personal theory is that they're simply worshipping them, a kind of anti-purity party without belonging to any single evil faction.

The Goblins on the other hand have had too little player-interaction as of yet, they lack any real guidelines as to where they belong, if they even live on the same island as the player's playthrough takes place. They are after all travelling to you, implying they come from far away. I guess all they more purple aspects of the mages could be interpreted as a Corruption allegiance, but keep in mind that those are pre 1.2 sprites, they may very wall simply be outdated, or irrelevant.

Hmm, maybe in different alt, there could be alternative goblins. But still, goblins have something to do with Terraria, we just don't know what it IS

But my thoery is that goblins only love one thing: Control...

After you smashed that shadow orb/demon heart, goblins now see that the evil is weakening, and they use this to take over. Since they use a lot of resources, they have a 7 day cycle to recollect the supplies. The goblin scout reports any changes to the land.

So my thoery is that the goblins, like the Lihzarhd and skeletons, are a race with a goal.

Back
Top Bottom