Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Since the patch that landed a little bit ago, my Ocean Pylon no longer works; it responds with "not in the correct biome".

I'm playing Zenith seed, and made my way to the right-side ocean, laid platforms across it, and made housing in the very far corner, where the Crimson stops registering. I have two NPCs (Stylist and Party Girl) housed there, along with Cool Slime. I have an Ocean Pylon placed there and, until the patch, it worked just fine... I could pylon port to them as needed.

Now, this pylon... and only this pylon... doesn't work, and responds with the above message.

The housing is still valid; the NPCs all still live there, and they even sell Ocean Pylons, proving they're in the Ocean biome. But the pylons don't work. I've tried breaking the pylon and placing it again; selling the first pylon to PG and buying a new one from Stylist (to make sure I didn't just buy back the dubious pylon), and then closing and re-starting the game and doing the previous steps. The pylon still doesn't work.

There has been an intentional Ocean Pylon change in the update that applies to the Everything seed. The Ocean Pylon should only work where ocean enemies spawn - this excludes the centre portion of the map.

If you are experiencing issues towards the outside of the map, please attach a screenshot of the map. Thanks!

There has been an intentional Ocean Pylon change in the update that applies to the Everything seed. The Ocean Pylon should only work where ocean enemies spawn - this excludes the centre portion of the map.

If you are experiencing issues towards the outside of the map, please attach a screenshot of the map. Thanks!
Okay.
Here's my world map. The Ocean Pylon is allllll the way on the far right edge of the surface. It's literally on the surface of the right-side ocean!
1668044061956.png

Also of note: If the center portion of the map does not qualify as ocean biome... there's a large pool of honey directly above my spawn point (you can see the enormous hive above the Cavern Pylon at the bottom center) that yields Ocean Crates when I fish in it, among other things. It's also the only place I could find that yields Double Cod... the Forest Pylon camp has pools at Cavern and Underground levels, and there's a pool to the left of that hive just above Underworld and Glowing Mushroom biome levels in Forest, and none of those yield Double Cod. Given that the indicated honey pool yields Ocean, Jungle, and Surface catches, it makes Double Cod annoyingly uncommon.

Edit: My mistake; I thought Double Cod was Surface, but it's Surface Jungle. I was trying the wrong "other spots". The rest of this still stands, though.

Last edited:
This was working before today's patch as well, if I hear ocean music I think the pylon should work ;_;

I drew some lines to mark where the boundaries of other biomes are - pls fix
plsfix.png

Okay.
Here's my world map. The Ocean Pylon is allllll the way on the far right edge of the surface. It's literally on the surface of the right-side ocean!
An issue was identified by a developer regarding the Ocean Pylon's use in the Everything seed after checking your screenshot. It should be fixed in the next update. Thank you for the report!

Back
Top Bottom