Weapons & Equip Treehugger, the Gentle Axe

Dapling

Duke Fishron
This is a small suggestion but one I would like to see in the game. Here are the stats and tooltips of the Treehugger, the axe which can’t harm trees and is meant for the most efficient “tree shaking” (which is what I call hitting trees with an axe so that they drop their fruits without trying to cut them down) possible.

1 melee damage.
1% axe power
0.05 knockback
+10 range
4% critical hit chance.
30 use time
4 tool speed.
Can only hit trees which have not been hit by any other axe in the current ingame day.
“A soft and gentle axe, delicately crafted for humane but efficient tree shaking”

Crafted from the Copper or Tin Axe + 20 Silk at a Loom
Can be combined with any basic dye to turn it into a different color, similarly to yoyo strings and golf balls.

The high range and tool speed makes this the best tree shaker on its own already, but the fact that it can only hit trees which haven’t already been shaken makes it even more suited for the task. The ability to dye it makes it suitable for any character, as it has great customization with that.

I would consider this axe to be a nice memento of the peace and fun represented by the end of the Treedigit vs Cenaxe war which occurred during 1.4.5’s development.

This would be a fairly easy axe to implement too, as its only custom functionality is the part where it cannot hit shaken trees, which would presumably use the existing tree shaking cooldown to be kept track of internally.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I suggested this before, and looks like I'm not the only one XD @Esther

Though also, I did try to have such a tool in my mod. although no idea how to prevent it from hitting a tree multiple times so it -can- cut a tree, but with only 5% axe power (apparently that's the lowest possible that still works as an axe - and therefore can shake trees too) that would take ages XD
although the design there is more on the line of like Spore's harvesting tool or such, and does nothing with the whole Axe VS. Tree thing. But interesting idea, yes.

I'm pretty sure I suggested this before, and looks like I'm not the only one XD @Esther

Though also, I did try to have such a tool in my mod. although no idea how to prevent it from hitting a tree multiple times so it -can- cut a tree, but with only 5% axe power (apparently that's the lowest possible that still works as an axe - and therefore can shake trees too) that would take ages XD
although the design there is more on the line of like Spore's harvesting tool or such, and does nothing with the whole Axe VS. Tree thing. But interesting idea, yes.
I tried to make it more unique by giving it super super fast tool speed, long range, it being unable to hit the same tree more than once, and being able to dye it, so hopefully it’s distinct I guess?

Last edited:
It should also guarantee, or at least increase the chance, that loot drops from the tree. If this gets implemented, YouTubers are definitely going to do challenges where this item replaces their normal axe so let’s make sure they aren’t suffering.
Wood has a pretty high chance to drop (nearly 10%) so idk if that’s needed tbh. I don’t really believe in balancing around challenge runs like that.

I tried to make it more unique by giving it super super fast tool speed, it being unable to hit the same tree more than once, and being able to dye it, so hopefully it’s distinct I guess?
not sure what you mean by "distinct" in this case? XD that others suggested it before too, but it's kind of different? maybe. though I think no one will complain even if it's similar, point is, many people suggested in before because many people want it in the game.
being able to dye it sounds unnecessary (in general, that would be a fun thing for all weapons, but probably very difficult/impossible to implement)

another question though if it has auto-swing or not, and how much dmg it does (assuming it does at least a little). doesn't sounds like a weapon, but might be better than nothing, and knockback can keep enemies at bay while you're busy harvesting random stuff from trees. XD

another question though if it has auto-swing or not, and how much dmg it does (assuming it does at least a little). doesn't sounds like a weapon, but might be better than nothing, and knockback can keep enemies at bay while you're busy harvesting random stuff from trees. XD
I listed all the relevant combat stats like damage, use time, knockback, etc in the post
being able to dye it sounds unnecessary (in general, that would be a fun thing for all weapons, but probably very difficult/impossible to implement
It would work like golf balls where there just a bunch of basic item recolors instead of dying the actual item itself

This is a small suggestion but one I would like to see in the game. Here are the stats and tooltips of the Treehugger, the axe which can’t harm trees and is meant for the most efficient “tree shaking” (which is what I call hitting trees with an axe so that they drop their fruits without trying to cut them down) possible.

1 melee damage.
1% axe power
0.05 knockback
+10 range
4% critical hit chance.
30 use time
4 tool speed.
Can only hit trees which have not been hit by any other axe in the current ingame day.
“A soft and gentle axe, delicately crafted for humane but efficient tree shaking”

Crafted from the Copper or Tin Axe + 20 Silk at a Loom
Can be combined with any basic dye to turn it into a different color, similarly to yoyo strings and golf balls.

The high range and tool speed makes this the best tree shaker on its own already, but the fact that it can only hit trees which haven’t already been shaken makes it even more suited for the task. The ability to dye it makes it suitable for any character, as it has great customization with that.

I would consider this axe to be a nice memento of the peace and fun represented by the end of the Treedigit vs Cenaxe war which occurred during 1.4.5’s development.

This would be a fairly easy axe to implement too, as its only custom functionality is the part where it cannot hit shaken trees, which would presumably use the existing tree shaking cooldown to be kept track of internally.
While we're at it, we could make the Squirrel Hook shake trees, too
Both of these ideas are great. Full support for both of them.

Wood has a pretty high chance to drop (nearly 10%) so idk if that’s needed tbh. I don’t really believe in balancing around challenge runs like that.
Yeah but it is still possible to never obtain any items from all the trees in the world. So just a marginal increase to probability would be nice.

I love this idea along with Baconfry's idea, full support as it fits perfectly as one of the items added from Red's side of the tree vs axe war and I would use this every playthrough. I would gladly use up an inventory slot for the Treehugger just so I can shake trees more effectively, I mean we have so many inventory slots that it doesn't matter if we lose one. Axe of Regrowth is one of the best axes in the game for chopping down trees while the Treehugger is the best for shaking them.

I think it would also be really cool if 1.4.5 added more items that can be dropped from shaking trees. Finch Staff really should be obtainable through shaking trees I think. According to the wiki it isn't and I don't think I've ever had it happen to me in-game either. I've seen someone say that Finch Staff can be obtained through shaking trees but it would appear that it isn't true. If Re-Logic decides to add Finch Staff to be dropped from shaking Forest Biome trees then I think it should also drop from Ash Wood trees because on Remix and GetFixedBoi there currently isn't any reliable way to get Finch Staff before you reach a point in progression where it becomes useless.

The Treehugger would also be very useful for the early game of the Constant and GetFixedBoi as you would be able to get fruits much more easily.

Full support! :)

Back
Top Bottom