tModLoader Turrets Mod [Work In Progress]

So!! I downloaded the mod and I gotta admit it's really really cool - especially considering I haven't seen any other mods for Terraria like this :D

I think you did an awesome job and I'm really really hoping there's going to be more updates for this in the near future!!!
Things I'd like to maybe see:

1 - Use of other forms of ammo, ie: instead of using regular bullets you can use meteor bullets!

2 - In response to previous comments about limitations to turrets, it may be hard to do this but I think you should increase how many you can place I just think there should be a limitation on how close they can be to one another:) That way you could have multiple bases with turrets!

3 - OBVIOUSLY MORE TURRETS!!! :D (I definitely wanna see one that's really fast like a minishark *-*)

4 - FLAMETHROWER PL0X (Sorry that's still kinda 3 XD) Could have short range but uses gel just like the actual weapon!

5 - upgrades for the turrets, maybe something to extend its hp or its range or what you could do is like... (And this would be a hard concept) let's say for example there's a turret that is made up of iron/lead - maybe make an extension to put onto it that's like .. idk.. crimtane bars / ect so that it kind of powers it up, sort of like in the Magic storage mod how you can use higher level ores to create orbs that increase the storage, do something like that but instead of storage it increases damage that way your turrets can progress as you do - if that makes sense.

6 - Lastly, there's a turret mod I also use for the "M" word. and they actually implemented a force shield turret which if maintained creates a shield that is impenetrable but can still be damaged. I think that's pretty cool.

All in all I believe this mod has SO much potential and I feel as though if this mod can get more attention I feel it'd be extremely fun to use and personally will really extend Terraria game play for me and I'm sure many other players.. But yeah, I just wanted to at least say my thoughts and just tell you that this mod is incredible and keep up the good work - blah blah blah.

Edit: I agree that using the unlimited musket ball bag would be helpful.. To each their own. I think it should be implemented and the player can decide whether they want to or not, but I definitely think the option should be there.

Edit 2: Ahh I'm so sorry!! Okay so one last thing I need to say - Personally the turrets that use mana, ie: the heat and testa turrets I feel aren't that great of an idea. I do a lot of class plays and a lot of the time there's players that don't have mana, not to mention if the turrets are spending your mana it becomes hard for magic classes to actually attack themselves, in order to fix this I only really have 2 suggestions.

1 - You could use mana stars which each would have 20 shots for the tesla turret for example.

OR 2 - You could make some sort of generator in the game that you would have to wire them to..

Those are my only suggestions but I feel as though they would make the game much more enjoyable.:)

Last edited:
1 - Use of other forms of ammo, ie: instead of using regular bullets you can use meteor bullets!
You said multiple ammo? Sure, I will try to implement this in a future version.
2 - In response to previous comments about limitations to turrets
I will extend spawn limit while I add more turrets, but I will not limit the distance between them, sorry.
3 - OBVIOUSLY MORE TURRETS!!! :D (I definitely wanna see one that's really fast like a minishark *-*)

4 - FLAMETHROWER PL0X (Sorry that's still kinda 3 XD) Could have short range but uses gel just like the actual weapon!
Already planned in future versions.
5 - upgrades for the turrets
Already planned, but some different concepts, for example: you can create a "lvl 2 turret" with "lvl 1 turret", consuming it in recipe.
But, that's a good idea.
6 - Lastly, there's a turret mod I also use for the "M" word. and they actually implemented a force shield turret which if maintained creates a shield that is impenetrable but can still be damaged. I think that's pretty cool.
Which mod?
All in all I believe this mod has SO much potential and I feel as though if this mod can get more attention I feel it'd be extremely fun to use and personally will really extend Terraria game play for me and I'm sure many other players.. But yeah, I just wanted to at least say my thoughts and just tell you that this mod is incredible and keep up the good work
Thank you for suggestions and feedback.
Edit: I agree that using the unlimited musket ball bag would be helpful.. To each their own. I think it should be implemented and the player can decide whether they want to or not, but I definitely think the option should be there.
Ok, maybe I will add it, when multiple ammo can be added (as you said in first sug)
Edit 2: Ahh I'm so sorry!! Okay so one last thing I need to say - Personally the turrets that use mana, ie: the heat and testa turrets I feel aren't that great of an idea. I do a lot of class plays and a lot of the time there's players that don't have mana, not to mention if the turrets are spending your mana it becomes hard for magic classes to actually attack themselves, in order to fix this I only really have 2 suggestions.

1 - You could use mana stars which each would have 20 shots for the tesla turret for example.

OR 2 - You could make some sort of generator in the game that you would have to wire them to..
I will opt for the first one, it's okay for me, but also I would like try the second one.

So!! I downloaded the mod and I gotta admit it's really really cool - especially considering I haven't seen any other mods for Terraria like this :D

I think you did an awesome job and I'm really really hoping there's going to be more updates for this in the near future!!!
Things I'd like to maybe see:

2 - In response to previous comments about limitations to turrets, it may be hard to do this but I think you should increase how many you can place I just think there should be a limitation on how close they can be to one another:) That way you could have multiple bases with turrets!

5 - upgrades for the turrets, maybe something to extend its hp or its range or what you could do is like... (And this would be a hard concept) let's say for example there's a turret that is made up of iron/lead - maybe make an extension to put onto it that's like .. idk.. crimtane bars / ect so that it kind of powers it up, sort of like in the Magic storage mod how you can use higher level ores to create orbs that increase the storage, do something like that but instead of storage it increases damage that way your turrets can progress as you do - if that makes sense.

All in all I believe this mod has SO much potential and I feel as though if this mod can get more attention I feel it'd be extremely fun to use and personally will really extend Terraria game play for me and I'm sure many other players.. But yeah, I just wanted to at least say my thoughts and just tell you that this mod is incredible and keep up the good work - blah blah blah.

Those are my only suggestions but I feel as though they would make the game much more enjoyable.:)

SO HOW GOES THE PROGRESS?! :D I'm here to Bu... err check on you ^-^

Cool ideas, tons of potential, and really well implemented! I have 1 issue with this mod though: you don't have a gatling turret. When you think of turrets, you usually think of a machine gun (which are traditionally deployable, human-operated turrets), but you don't have one. Crafted with a chain gun, 12 shroomite, 40 wire, and 10 cogs. Shoot time of 6, 22 damage, 30 tiles (but inaccurate), 300 HP, 8 defense, and uses bullets.

Soon, I'm finishing some things before.
gatling turret
I'm implementing a Lvl 2 Sentry Gun, which is a upgrade from the Lvl 1, hit the turret with Engie's Wrench will consume materials (iron/lead ores, cogs or something) for upgrade it if isn't damaged, else will repair first.

Will be 2x more fast in shoot and damage. (gif in "Upcoming versions" spoiler)

Last edited:
v1.2.7 - MP fixes & major changes, this update is more for fix bugs.

- TF2 Sentry Gun can be upgraded (no permanently) to lvl 2 with Engie's Wrench using materials.
- Turrets can use multiple ammo. (will use from chests first if are nearby)
- Turrets re-sprited.
- Fixed major bugs in Multiplayer.

Last edited:
Very good job on this mod, if u are who I think you are (shose), then yeah, really great job, and the sprites are sexy as hell.

Very good job on this mod, if u are who I think you are (shose), then yeah, really great job, and the sprites are sexy as hell.
Yes, I'm Shose. Also I didn't update it for a while. Sprites are kinda old.

Last edited:
This is a fantastic mod, as I've always wanted standalone sentries that didn't need to be tied to your minion count. I also enjoy how you repair them, how many of them utilize different ammo types that you're holding, and for the most part how well they track targets. With that said, I'd like to make two suggestions.

-The TF2 sentries would be much more viable if they could turn around. I get them being unable to look up because that's authentic to the real thing, but it's a pity when an enemy just gets right on them and the poor thing can't turn around to shoot him.
-They could use a bit of a buff in the endgame. By the time I got the materials necessary to make the sentries, they were already being outclassed by common enemies. Some enemies barely took more than 1 damage.

Thank you again for making this mod. It really did make me happy to start another playthrough just for them.

So, hello! I recently downloaded the mod and I've been loving the turrets so far, especially the heat turret <3 (I don't often use mana anyway outside of summoning minions before a battle, so it's effectively infinite ammo destruction :D), and I've been reading through everything so far because there was two suggestions I wanted to add, given these are things I've noticed as limitations while playing with the mod (I like using it to help defend my base and help with old one's army fights)

1) how about instead of limiting the number of turrets overall to a set number (in this case 10), you instead implement it where you can only deploy a set amount of each turret type (musket, heat, tesla, ect). like, 5 each or something. this way the player can't just stack up a ton of one particular strong type of turret, but can still amass lots of turrets if they are willing to accommodate a wider variety of turrets :).

2) an option in a mod config file to change the number of turrets allowed of each type, or if you don't implement 1), then just the number of turrets allowed in general ^^. that way if someone feels they are getting too many or too few turrets available they can just change it themselves in the config for their personal game.

Bonus 3) a turret version of the bunny cannon :D

Back
Top Bottom