[Tutorial Video] Simple Rapid Fire Dart Trap Batteries (Practical Wire Guide)

Here's the spacing I've found to work and still fire effectively, 19 tiles from the statue. The only ideas I've been able muster to stop the engine is either a simple active block strip/actuated blocks, a drop into a lava trap or possibly a hoik past the statue to a lava strip on the left.

So far I've just been cutting the wire to turn it off but that's tiresome.

OcaEuOU.png

SayrLSl.png

Ok, so I've finally posted up a series of updated rapid fire trap battery designs that are fully compatible (in fact built for) the Terraria 1.3.0 update (and it's changes to trap cooldown times). It's on T-MEC, here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-fire-dart-trap-engines-animated-guide.42934/

They deploy a "cooldown juggling" principle, avoiding the use of timers. They naturally get the most out of each trap and have been very carefully designed and tested to loop their patterns.

The first example is this one, which I call the "Soggy Flapper":
See the guide for explanations.

The skeleton option becomes thus - the "Bone Shaker":
With skeleton hoik engine build right into the end of the run, to perpetuate the firing pattern.

There's a half doze more variations, and then a couple of spear trap versions and one for flame trap sequencing too.

Those on console and mobile should be able to use the old designs or these new ones (with optional modifications to shorten each of the track lengths to account for still having the old timings).

i don't know if you explained in vid if i missed it, but difference from piranhas and goldfish farms are?
if i have a piranha will it behave differently than the goldfish if I'm out of its aggro range?

difference from piranhas and goldfish
These statue mobs behave exactly the same (and are so are interchangeable) provided the player stays dry. Standing in water speeds the Piranhas up from 3.4 tiles/s to 5.4 tiles/s and starts them homing in on the player's X/Y location. There's no "aggro range" that I know of (unless there are differences in expert mode, or with some end game melee armors?). And to clarify, these dart trap batteries are not "farms" for the statue mobs themselves, of course. :)

These statue mobs behave exactly the same (and are so are interchangeable) provided the player stays dry. Standing in water speeds the Piranhas up from 3.4 tiles/s to 5.4 tiles/s and starts them homing in on the player's X/Y location. There's no "aggro range" that I know of (unless there are differences in expert mode, or with some end game melee armors?). And to clarify, these dart trap batteries are not "farms" for the statue mobs themselves, of course. :)
ah. ok. so there is really no difference? got it. this is cool :D
nice work

Back
Top Bottom