Game Mechanics Two Keys for the same action

Nakano15

Terrarian
Based on what I saw on the web, two key bindings set for the same action is possible for controller, but the
same is not possible when playing with Keyboard and mouse, even though I've modified the
input ini file, only one of the two key commands is being recognized.

Making this work would be nice so when I'm tired of using the mouse to do the actions, I could use the
keyboard to attack and interact to npcs instead.

Could you provide some cases where one key doing more than one action would be useful?

Edit: I misread the suggestion.

Last edited:
Could you provide some cases where one key doing more than one action would be useful?
Actually not, but certainly there could be any cases where a second key binding would be useful, like the fact of setting up a key for the keyboard to attack.

Actually not, but certainly there could be any cases where a second key binding would be useful, like the fact of setting up a key for the keyboard to attack.
My apologies; I misunderstood / misread the post. You are referring to two keys doing the same action! In this case, yes, I agree. Many other games provide for two or more key bindings for an action.

Yes I'd like to be able to use right click to jump as well as open doors and chests. A smart cursor type of thing (I mean an auto one) that would not allow jump while the cursor is over a chest. In that case, it would just open the door and not jump. I currently am using XMouse to perform both functions but it has the side effect of jumping after or before I open a door.
XMouse is a totally free application that simply allows you to use your mouse buttons to perform almost anything you can possibly want. It is not malicious in nature or a cheat. It just allows you to rebind keys from the keyboard to a mouse button instead. I find space bar or any other key awkward.
I tried combining W to be both Up and Jump. 'W', by default is for climbing up robes or vines. If you use it for both Jump and Up, 'W' to grab ropes no longer works. With XMouse, I can right-click jump and hit W to hold onto vine. And then if I'm next to a chest, right click will also open the chest... But after I open a door, he does a little jump after... which is no biggie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom