Blocks & Decoration Two new gemspark blocks

Discomaster

Terrarian
First one is simple: Pink Gemspark Blocks. Made by combining pink gel with glass at a work bench, uses the same lighting as the pink torch.

Second one is more ambitious: Blacklight Gemspark Blocks. Made by combining obsidian with glass at a work bench, the blocks themselves would look visible, although very faint, but providing a unique kind of light around it highlighting certain florescent colors. Imagine having some placed near granite and marble... the bright white of the marble and the bright speckles on the granite would be brighter than usual, without lighting up any darker colors. Perhaps it could also have a tinge of purple, similar to the glow of demon torches (hence why I recommend obsidian).

First one is simple: Pink Gemspark Blocks. Made by combining pink gel with glass at a work bench, uses the same lighting as the pink torch.

Second one is more ambitious: Blacklight Gemspark Blocks. Made by combining obsidian with glass at a work bench, the blocks themselves would look visible, although very faint, but providing a unique kind of light around it highlighting certain florescent colors. Imagine having some placed near granite and marble... the bright white of the marble and the bright speckles on the granite would be brighter than usual, without lighting up any darker colors. Perhaps it could also have a tinge of purple, similar to the glow of demon torches (hence why I recommend obsidian).

I liked your idea but I have some things to say to you (but this wouldn't be a constructive criticism):

First, don't select the prefix "SPRITES" if you aren't going to put sprites in your thread, at least let me know first that you will do this.

Secondly, I don't know if you know that the name "Gemspark" has the word "gem" which means that this block is made from gems, ie it is made of gems and your suggestion isn't saying me nothing that has to do with gems, because you're saying there should be a pink gemspark block made of what? of pink gel! And more: the other is made of other non-gem material: obsidian. So I ask, what do you mean?
Please explain this to me.

First, don't select the prefix "SPRITES" if you aren't going to put sprites in your thread, at least let me know first that you will do this.

Noted. Is there any way for me to remove the prefix from the thread title?

Secondly, I don't know if you know that the name "Gemspark" has the word "gem" which means that this block is made from gems, ie it is made of gems and your suggestion isn't saying me nothing that has to do with gems, because you're saying there should be a pink gemspark block made of what? of pink gel! And more: the other is made of other non-gem material: obsidian. So I ask, what do you mean?
Please explain this to me.

While I do acknowledge that pink gel isn't a gem, I will start by counter-arguing that amber isn't a gem either but has no problem being made into Orange Gemspark Blocks. To further that, amber and pink gels do have something important in common: they both can be made into torches of their respective colors, which also gives off light of the same color. I figured the simplest solution to creating a Pink Gemspark Block would be to make it using the same material that pink torches are made from, or at least that makes sense in my mind.

As for the obsidian, I'll admit this one is a bit more tricky, and given the unique properties I've suggested for Blacklight Gemspark Blocks perhaps the formula could be a bit more complicated. Perhaps combining obsidian with Diamond Gemspark Blocks could be more intuitive, like imagine the obsidian made into a powder that layers over the gemspark blocks blocking out all but ultraviolet light.

Back
Top Bottom