Weapons & Equip Two New Moon Lord Items

Worst idea ever no summoner item :mad:

Just kiddin I support this, three melee weapons and two of every other class is dumb.

A Gauss Cannon is NOT a laser. It shoots projectiles ala a Railgun. At best, it could become a direct upgrade to the Venus Magnum, in which ALL bullets fired gain 3x the speed boost. Make it full auto and give it close to SDMG damage but slower and you could give SDMG a run for its money.

It should obviously also have very high knockback.

Melee has 3 items, why not?

View attachment 67029
Sextuple Shotgun
37 x 30 damage.
7% critical hit chance.
Insane Knockback.
Very Slow speed.
Bonus: All shots fired fire in a 65 degree cone. Shooting the gun ALSO shoots out 3 little bits of Greek Fire.
"You never stopped and asked if you SHOULD. You only asked if you COULD."

View attachment 67031
Gauss Cannon
400 damage.
24% critical hit chance.
Insane Knockback.
Very Slow speed.
Uses 30 Mana.
Shoots a hitscan, high velocity red laser which pierces enemies and inflicts "Bodily Disintegration", which on effect causes the victim to take 10 damage a second AND lose 10 defense!

For ranged I would prefer a arrow weapon (only because we have the Celebration/rocket and the S.D.M.G/bullet but no arrow).
The mage weapon also seems to be very similar to the last prism, only slower and a ton more damage and critical chance. Also the debuff is kind of pointless as if the Gauss Cannon can deal over a thousand damage with a critical (assuming you are actually going to wear armor) so it would waste anything it hits (excluding some strong enemies and tough bosses.)

Thoughts?

I'd love the Gauss Cannon to be a ranged weapon rather than a magic one, so that Rangers get burst damage supremacy. Mages have DPS supremacy.
This is just an opinion, I understand this would mean each class would have a fixed niche and that opposes variety.

A Gauss Cannon is NOT a laser. It shoots projectiles ala a Railgun. At best, it could become a direct upgrade to the Venus Magnum, in which ALL bullets fired gain 3x the speed boost. Make it full auto and give it close to SDMG damage but slower and you could give SDMG a run for its money.

It should obviously also have very high knockback.
yep :) I don't get why people mistakenly believe them to be some type of laser. A Gauss cannon(or rifle as it is sometimes called) is a gun that's barrel is powered by magnetic fields. A Gauss cannon can be thought of as a particular variation of the railgun, where the projectile is Launched by the magnetic solenoid as opposed to simply serving as a boost to a projectile launched in the same manner as conventional fire arms (aka.powered by compression)
I blame games like Halo and fallout where they artistically appear or are classified as energy weapons...

Melee has 3 items, why not?

View attachment 67029
Sextuple Shotgun
37 x 30 damage.
7% critical hit chance.
Insane Knockback.
Very Slow speed.
Bonus: All shots fired fire in a 65 degree cone. Shooting the gun ALSO shoots out 3 little bits of Greek Fire.
"You never stopped and asked if you SHOULD. You only asked if you COULD."

View attachment 67031
Gauss Cannon
400 damage.
24% critical hit chance.
Insane Knockback.
Very Slow speed.
Uses 30 Mana.
Shoots a hitscan, high velocity red laser which pierces enemies and inflicts "Bodily Disintegration", which on effect causes the victim to take 10 damage a second AND lose 10 defense!

Thoughts?

Well, 37x30 with a Very Slow attack speed is quite low. At best Very Slow with Unreal could almost have 2 shots, which would mean 37x60 each second. At first it might sounds more than 77x15, but as defense works the shotgun would be underwhelming as a weapon drop from the Moon Lord.
As for a toy, it would be pretty fun to watch 30 projectiles hit with a knockback of 11 or higher would literally send anything over orbit. Anything that survives a taking a shot, likely some lategame hardmode enemy on expert and many of the Moon type invasion enemies. Even the tactical shotgun can send enemies flying half a screen with 6 shots having a knockback of 7 each.

Gauss Cannon... ...actually the Gauss Cannon is a projectile acceleration device, it doesn't shoot lasers, it shoots objects made from magnetic metals like iron, nickel and cobalt. On top of that, mages already have an infinite piercing laser, they don't need any more. I'd say, triple the fire rate on that Gauss Cannon and make it ranged, change the 30 mana cost into "iron bolt", a new ammo type sold by the Arms Dealer and call it a day's work! (;

On the other hand, nice ideas there.

index.php

Gauss Cannon
400 damage.
24% critical hit chance.
Insane Knockback.
Very Slow speed.
Uses 30 Mana.
That should charge up like a Spartan Laser.

Back
Top Bottom