Xbox One Underworld causing frame rate drops

Hi, I just wanted to say I’m new to the forums and this is my first bug report. I’ve looked through the first page of reports and saw that the staff is very kind with their questioning on specifics and genuinely seem to care about the game and the users. So thanks for all the hard work!

On to the issue...
I have been experiencing some issues with the underworld causing spikes of lag that cause the frame rate to drop for a second or two and then return to normal. I usually play on multiplayer worlds with my friends so I thought the issue was that we were all too far apart on the map and this was the reason it was happening. But later on when my friends got offline I decided to try playing on my own in the underworld to prepare for our expert mode battle with the Wall of Flesh but the issue still persisted. This is also happening when I’m in the bottom layer of the caverns where there are many lava pockets. I believe the issue is definitely related to the amount of lava pockets in close proximity to the player. Also just to clarify, the lag spikes happen to EVERYONE in the game at seemingly the exact same time no matter where we are on the map.

I'm also having the same issue, We are want to prepare the bridge to kill the wall of flesh but with these frame drops its almost impossible to do so. Hopefully there is a simple fix or a fix ASAP.

It might have something to do with the background. if you disable the background or change the lighting to retro, that might help.

It might have something to do with the background. if you disable the background or change the lighting to retro, that might help.
You can't change the lighting or video options on the console version. Everything is set to the graphics they are now. (I believe the graphics are set to the highest possible settings, that may be why lag spikes happen anyways.)

Is there any word of a patch being worked on to resolve this issue? I've searched and haven't found a thing

Hello thank you for your report. If you wouldn't mind, this link will take you to the 505 support website where you can file a ticket with them directly. Please be as detailed as possible. This page is our FAQ and workaround thread for console 1.3 issues. Please check there for our most up to date list of workarounds for common issues. :)

I am having the same issue in multiplayer on xbox one. Go very deep at all and the screen stutters and lags.

Back
Top Bottom