tModLoader Universe Of Bows Mod

I love the mod, I'm very happy that you consistently update it. I've been playing it since release and just wanted to make an account to say well done.

If your still taking bow ideas, Ide love to have one named C^3, I'm the third Chris in my family and that's what everyone calls me ;). I think it would be cool if it was a mortar-like bow, Really large drop-off but hits hard, maybe explode on impact? whatever you do I'm sure it will be great.

good job again!
[doublepost=1560131216,1560131167][/doublepost]
I'd like to see Bow, which consumes mana unstead arrows, but still having ranged damage.
Good idea!

It's a cool mod, and definitely a welcome opposition of the "Universe of Swords" mod - I like! And since you are giving us the opportunity to suggest bow ideas, I'd like to contribute to this. I hope you don't mind a long list of bow ideas I have/had. ^^

Gem bows
Well, bows you can craft out of gems. So, Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby etc. Perhaps even with different effects and debuffs (Like on Fire for Ruby, and frostburn for Sapphire, Diamond arrows could shatter into shrapnel, etc...) - And you could turn all of them into the Prisma bow, inflicting various debuffs. Perhaps 20 gems for every bow seems like a good idea?

Pink Gel bow
The pink gel bow is made out of pink gel. It simply causes the arrows fired to be turned into pink gel arrows, which bounce around a couple of times.

Description: "don't drop it!"

Wyvern bow
Use soul of flight, some clouds and sunstone bricks (or whatever they were called) to create the Wyvern bow. Turns any vanilla arrow into wyvern arrows, a long arrow that is basically multiple projectiles fired to look like a wyvern which hits the enemy multiple times. Alternatively, it can just fire a simple wyvern looking projectile that pierces and/or homes into enemies.

Description: "How to shoot your dragon."

I attempted a sprite for this one, made two version in case the one with the head looks too silly:
NYipaab.png
Link: http://i.epvpimg.com/NYipaab.png
FpESaab.png
Link: http://i.epvpimg.com/FpESaab.png

Obsidian bow
A simple bow made out of obsidian. No special effects or anything, just a good bow that could perhaps fire really fast, but with lower damage.

Description: "Quite hard."

Flower bow
Crafted out of every type of flower, perhaps 10 of each. (daybloom, shiverthorn, blinkroot, waterleaf, moonglow, deathweed and fireblossom). Fires one of 7 arrows with every shot:
- Day arrow (daybloom) - no special effects
- Night arrow (moonglow) - glows in the dark
- Unholy arrow (deathweed)
- flaming arrow (fireblossom)
- frostburn arrow (shiverthorn)
- teleport arrow (blinkroot) - Is just a very fast arrow
- Sand (waterleaf) - Literally fires sand

Description: "Death is blooming..."

Magic missile bow
Made out of the magic missile arrow (or just projectile). Fires a controllable magic missile projectile, perhaps even multiple to stack them up (not sure how OP that would be).

Description: "Yondu would be proud of you..."

Strange bow
Made out of every type of strange plants. Can just be a stupidly powerful pre hardmode bow.

Description: "A strange bow indeed"

Frost Bow
The equivalent of the frost armor, the frost bow would also be made out of frost cores. Deals high damage and inflicts frostburn. Perhaps it could even inflict "stronger frostburn" which basically deals twice the damage of the normal frostburn. Just a thought.

Description: "VERY cold to the touch."

Spider Bow
Made with Spider fangs and cobwebs. It fires webbed arrows that cause the "webbed" debuff, making enemies unable to move or do anything. Doesn't work as well on bosses.

Description: "It's very sticky..."

Also here I attempted a sprite:
hpTxeab.png
Link: http://i.epvpimg.com/hpTxeab.png

That's all I have for now. Good luck with the mod, I'm really looking forward for more! ^^

Last edited:
When will you open requests? Because I have some ideas for bows. By the way, if it's universe of BOWS why and you add other content, will it be removed in Future like Scythes in Universe Of Swords?

When will you open requests? Because I have some ideas for bows. By the way, if it's universe of BOWS why and you add other content, will it be removed in Future like Scythes in Universe Of Swords?
I maybe open the requests soon and maybe i will delete the other items.

Is there anyway to make the flashing of shooting the Mechanical bow lower? i tried doing it myself but for some reason i couldnt find a .json file

Hi, Why pre-hardmode bows are actually that strong? i mean hellstone, iron, and gold bows from mod are like twice as powerful as vanilla counterparts. Making them a little less powerful will keep balance in early game :merchantwink:

Hi, Why pre-hardmode bows are actually that strong? i mean hellstone, iron, and gold bows from mod are like twice as powerful as vanilla counterparts. Making them a little less powerful will keep balance in early game :merchantwink:
But considering that almost all modded bosses are a pain in the :red:, its nice to have something that can beat them without alot of trouble

Heres the resprite of slime essence as a gift for telling me the mod.:)Hope you like it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_10-1.png.png
    Screenshot_10-1.png.png
    312 bytes · Views: 143
Back
Top Bottom