tModLoader Universe Of Bows Mod

I am enjoying the mod but for the love of pizza... The bow matter drop rate is insane. Chance of it dropping needs reduced by like 99% (chance of drop should be like 1/100 since it comes from literally all enemies). I am not even to hard mode yet and I'm pretty sure I have more than I'll ever need.

With the drop rates as they currently stand the recipes should be about 10x as expensive as they currently are. The only reason I'd uninstall the mod is because the game gets absolutely littered with bow matter if you do any farming whatsoever.
Yeah, in the next update im gonna reduce it to something like 25%

View attachment 224075
Universe Of Bows Mod
Latest Download
Modbrowser: Direct link

Discord
Patreon

Universe Of Bows Mod adds some bows and some other cool stuff.
The most IMPORTANT item is "Bowmatter" View attachment 221655 You can craft pretty much every bow with bow matter.
Bowmatter is dropped by every enemy with a 100% chance.
The SECOND most important item is "Upgradematter" View attachment 221655 You can upgrade bows and craft some bows with it.
Upgradematter can be crafted with 300 bow matter.
Slime essenceView attachment 221683 is dropped by every vanilla slime with a 50% chance.
Slime essence is used to craft only the slime bow View attachment 221804right now.
There are two town NPCs right now one of them is the Archer View attachment 221657 . The Archer sells some arrows and one Bow
The archer can spawn after you defeat King slime:kingslime:.
The second Town NPC is the German guy View attachment 222271 , he sells Ale and a Bratwurst.
He spawns after you have defeated King slime:kingslime:.
NOTE: BOW REQUESTS CLOSED
If you have any questions contact me on discord.
Currently there are alot of bows
If you want to know the recipes download this mod.
Alot of things will be added soon...:pumpking:
Support banners:
Code:
[IMG]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/uob-png.223876/[/IMG]
This mod looks really good and i can't create a simple sword :( your a great modder :D

This mod is good. However there are a couple of tweaks you can do to make it better. Here are all of them:
1. Change sprite of upgrade matter not to be exactly the same as bow matter's one. Having same sprites can confuse people.
2. Slime essences are dropped from every blue slime and only used for one pretty weak bow, and even doesn't worth anything. They are pretty useless. Can you, for example, buff that bow and make essences drop from king slime? Also, they can be a material for certain potions.
3. Balace your mod. Skull crossbow is too OP for a weapon made from book of skulls and one upgrade matter, mechanical bow (by the way, why is it named "bow", if it is a crossbow?) lights up the area crazily, enchanted bow has more DPC than enchanted sword. You understand, what I mean. It is NOT fun to play with Overpowered mod like this mod is now.
4. Improve older content. A lot of old bows are just regular bows, which shoot normal arrows. This is not very cool considering you can upgrade them and make better. Destroyer's bow for example can shoot probe, which will shoot lasers at enemies (like magnet sphere), and Cthulhu's bow can shoot arrows, which on contact with ground or enemies will split into small homing eyes, slime bow can shoot sticky arrows which will stick to enemies and deal damage to them (like bone javelins, made from desert fossils), strange bow can shoot one of four different types of custom arrows (because there are four types of strange plants) which can have some unique effects. Also, pink gel bow shooting chlorophite arrow looks strange, so can you make pink gel arrow with same AI to fix that (also it's underpowered as some other bows)?
5. Party zombies are TOO powerful for eart
ly prehardmode.
6. Lastly, I will suggest you to resprite A BUNCH of stuff from your mod. Considering that Blossom bow and star bow look good, I think, that you already got spriters, which will do that, and you probably realize yourself, that sprites are the biggest problem of your mod, so I put this suggestion on the last place.

This mod is good. However there are a couple of tweaks you can do to make it better. Here are all of them:
1. Change sprite of upgrade matter not to be exactly the same as bow matter's one. Having same sprites can confuse people.
2. Slime essences are dropped from every blue slime and only used for one pretty weak bow, and even doesn't worth anything. They are pretty useless. Can you, for example, buff that bow and make essences drop from king slime? Also, they can be a material for certain potions.
3. Balace your mod. Skull crossbow is too OP for a weapon made from book of skulls and one upgrade matter, mechanical bow (by the way, why is it named "bow", if it is a crossbow?) lights up the area crazily, enchanted bow has more DPC than enchanted sword. You understand, what I mean. It is NOT fun to play with Overpowered mod like this mod is now.
4. Improve older content. A lot of old bows are just regular bows, which shoot normal arrows. This is not very cool considering you can upgrade them and make better. Destroyer's bow for example can shoot probe, which will shoot lasers at enemies (like magnet sphere), and Cthulhu's bow can shoot arrows, which on contact with ground or enemies will split into small homing eyes, slime bow can shoot sticky arrows which will stick to enemies and deal damage to them (like bone javelins, made from desert fossils), strange bow can shoot one of four different types of custom arrows (because there are four types of strange plants) which can have some unique effects. Also, pink gel bow shooting chlorophite arrow looks strange, so can you make pink gel arrow with same AI to fix that (also it's underpowered as some other bows)?
5. Party zombies are TOO powerful for eart
ly prehardmode.
6. Lastly, I will suggest you to resprite A BUNCH of stuff from your mod. Considering that Blossom bow and star bow look good, I think, that you already got spriters, which will do that, and you probably realize yourself, that sprites are the biggest problem of your mod, so I put this suggestion on the last place.
That is cool but the modder is currently experiencing errors and when i say errors it means the whole mod

I'm having an issue.
I don't know if this is intentional, but the mechanical bow now does 12 ranged damage. What is going on?

But a bow that you have to defeat 3 mechanical bosses and get weapons from them that does alot more damage to instantly nerf??

What about a Mechanical Bow that is obtained by killing The Destroyer, it's shoots Mini Destroyer that can No Clip through walls and home in on enemies dealing 135 damage per hit but it costs 1 hallowed ore to use.

Back
Top Bottom