Casual Unpopular Opinion Thread

I know that the pirate is more important than the guide, as he actually sells stuff, and has PERSONALITY! unlike the guide, whom is all "DoN'T StaY OUt aT nIGHt" and then opens the door for the zombies.
He literally sells vanity and two mechanisms which don't even do anything functionally important when you wire them. That's not really "selling important stuff". Also, again, you cannot beat the game or even make it halfway through the game without the guide.

He literally sells vanity and two mechanisms which don't even do anything functionally important when you wire them. That's not really "selling important stuff". Also, again, you cannot beat the game or even make it halfway through the game without the guide.
And plus, you build a connection with the guide. He's there from the start, and when you literally have to kill him in a sacrificial ritual, he's fine with it. He knows you need to do it to continue your journey. He knows his death can happen at any second without warning, and accepts it. In my opinion that is raw as hell.

The guide literally exists to die, and that's it.
The Pirate exists to sell pirate themed stuff to you, how is that not awesome?
the problem is, the pirate stuff is useless. have you ever used a cannon?
I would be fine with the pirate being useless if he wasnt the single reward for completing the pirate invasion.

The guide literally exists to die, and that's it.
The Pirate exists to sell pirate themed stuff to you, how is that not awesome?
You don't even get the good or actually useful pirate themed stuff from him, that's what the pirate invasion does. There's a ton of furniture and vanity sets alone that the pirate invasion has that he just doesn't sell. This isn't even mentioning things like the Coin Gun or Greedy Ring ingredients.

Also, when you forget exactly how much of each material you need for something, the guide can let you know even faster than the wiki can.

Yeah, let's drop the Guide thing. I'll share an unpopular opinion

The Moon Lord is the worst vanilla Terraria boss.

Anyway... Moving on.

I really don't like the Nurse. She gets less and less useful as you improve at the game and then always just ends up clogging an NPC room even when you have advanced past the point of needing her.
Yeah, let's drop the Guide thing. I'll share an unpopular opinion

The Moon Lord is the worst vanilla Terraria boss.
Moon Lord may be terrible, but nothing compares to the epitome of bad design that Plantera is.

I think I know what you mean. Is it because Plant is basically the only boss that forces you to make an arena?
Not only does she force you to make an arena, she also teleports her summon around everywhere so if you want to reuse it you have to spend like 5 minutes leading her to it, her first phase is ridiculously easy and countered by just flying in circles (which makes it 100% useless) and her second phase is by far the biggest example of spam in the entire game.

Back
Top Bottom