tModLoader Unusacies' Battle Rods Mod - Use special fishing rods as weapons!

Oh right, another thing. Personally I'm okay with the Odd Crate mimics dropping accessories from HM but I think you should make the weapons unallowed to be dropped. Or maybe fully reinvent the pre-HM loot drops for them.

Oh right, another thing. Personally I'm okay with the Odd Crate mimics dropping accessories from HM but I think you should make the weapons unallowed to be dropped. Or maybe fully reinvent the pre-HM loot drops for them.

Don't worry too much.
You can save the Magic Knifes for an latter day

Just thought of something, how about adding Frost Moon counterparts to the Spooky Battle Rod and Spooky Crate? Another thing that could fit in would be adding Presents and Goodie Bags to the list of drops from those new Christmas Crates (tentative name) and Spooky Crates, respectively.

I tried doing a playthrough with this mod and I feel underwhelmed. I'm finding it takes way too long to deal with any groups of mobs. Compared to the default classes, there seems to be no good way to deal with multiple mobs at once. The Goblin Invasion took me quite a while to deal with. Was the knife accessory supposed to help? I really want to give this more of a chance and see how it holds up to end game Calamity bosses. However, it just seems like my DPS and ability to deal with multiple mobs is lower than any default class. Even killing enough slimes to get the gel needed for the star mix took a long time. Am I doing something wrong? It sounds like some people here in this thread gone through the entire game as this class. Also the accessories to increase the amount of lures thrown didn't work for me. Maybe a mod conflict?

I tried doing a playthrough with this mod and I feel underwhelmed. I'm finding it takes way too long to deal with any groups of mobs. Compared to the default classes, there seems to be no good way to deal with multiple mobs at once. The Goblin Invasion took me quite a while to deal with. Was the knife accessory supposed to help? I really want to give this more of a chance and see how it holds up to end game Calamity bosses. However, it just seems like my DPS and ability to deal with multiple mobs is lower than any default class. Even killing enough slimes to get the gel needed for the star mix took a long time. Am I doing something wrong? It sounds like some people here in this thread gone through the entire game as this class. Also the accessories to increase the amount of lures thrown didn't work for me. Maybe a mod conflict?
you have to deal with this class not being as effective against groups until late game regardless. the lure accessories need a restart most of the time for god knows what reasons. once you got these though, handling groups is a bit easier with proper aim. i never really used the knives, wanted to try soon though (currently in my DoT Mage run).

anyways: this class needs a bit of endurance because of the problem of not being able to kill 100 enemies at once. there are a few rods with special effects with get triggered when in water or attached to an enemy. check here for more info on the rods available. the first one i saw was the bee rod with such an ability.

Shafts are missing their recipes.

Edit: .. as well as the reloading (/ accessory) issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_15.png
    Screenshot_15.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
It seems that lure(accessories)missing one extra lure example wooden fishing pole launces 3lures but i am using quad lure.

I must admit that I overlooked this mod because it sounded silly.

Read through the entire Wiki.

Kudos. This is a really creative mod. I will definitely be using this in my future playthroughs.

This mod is amazing. However, it's also horribly broken and accelerates game progression by magnitudes. The crate mechanics allow you to amass resources so quickly that grinding isn't just alleviated, it's completely eliminated. While removing grind isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's so overdone here that most content in the game and many content mods is made irrelevant because of how fast progression is.

Additionally, the combat capability of the rods is underwhelming and they don't really serve as viable weapons.

If JPAN is still active and willing to work on this mod, I'd love this mod so much more if the multi-lures were nerfed, mod crates either removed or made significantly rarer, and rods being buffed to be viable in combat.

Unusacies, the mod's artist here.

Wanted to say that we are aware and read the feedback posted. JPAN is still working on the mod (and still lurking the forums), we are aware of how overpowered fishing can become earlier on. We are working on balancing the mod. At least on the progression obliterating department, because yeah... it gets ridicolous really soon. Still it may possibly be a while before the next update as programming takes time, and our testing method usually comes as playing a full playthrough with various mods on and seeing what issues come up.

Thank you all for the posts, and checking out the mod.

Updated to v 1.2, and there's a lot to add...

- Added the Powered Bait system. These baits, used as ammo by battle rods, inflict debuffs on the enemy (or in two baits case, a buff on the player). These baits can only be obtained from angler quests or, if the "Certificate of a Master Baiter" is obtained, crafted at a bottle with Apprentice, Journeyman and Master Bait, plus bait-dependent items.

- Added a Boss, the Cooler, with a whole range of weapons, not only for Fishermen. It drops the Certificate on expert mode anytime, or in hard mode for normal worlds.

- Added a couple of rare, situational armors for early game before star mix, the Snow Sloth Armor made from Flinx fur and Fungal Spores, The Werewolf armor made from Rotten Chunks/Vertebrea and Shadow Scales/ Tissue Samples, and the Beeteorite Armor, made with bee wax and meteorite.

- Added a couple of new Battle rods, including the Cooler Battlerod, Beeteorite Battlerod, Betsy's Battlerod and Dragon Mix Battlerod.

- Added Config options to Start with a Wooden Rod and/or Poison Bait (takes place at caracter creation), an option to return the Lure recipes to the old ones and an Array of TagID Items that can be replaced for crates when fishing.
- With this new list, it is possible to remove all but the first one (Wooden crate ID) to drastically reduce Crate spawn chance.

- In an effort to balance out the fishing, the Lures mostly changed recipes to harder to make versions gated by progression. Quad Lure now requires StarMix, Octo Lure requires Energy Amalgamate (the kind with Ectoplasm in it) the Box of Lures requires Luminite and Energy Amalgamate and Box of Countless Lures requires Fractalite.

- Also, Lots of Bug Fixes in both single player and Multiplayer.

The mod has been tested with a multitude of mods and in both single and multiplayer, and appears to be working fine on both, and tries to balance the mod were made... Some attempts at crowd control (in the form of the Beeteorite set and rebalancing of the Rod's spawns) were made as well. Feel free to drop bug reports and opinions on this thread as always.

I'll be updating the wiki with the new content, and should be ready in a few hours.

the extra lures accesories are still bugged sir.
Can you give me more details about how they are bugged? I've tried everything to find out this bug, but it simply does not happen to me. Can you provide a mod list and steps to reproduce the bug?

Can you give me more details about how they are bugged? I've tried everything to find out this bug, but it simply does not happen to me. Can you provide a mod list and steps to reproduce the bug?
They might be referring to that usual bug where multi-lures don't work until you relog into the game for mysterious reasons.
By the way, how does the "fishToReplace" option in the config work? If I understood it correctly, the item IDs listed there (wooden crates and most normal fishes) have a chance to be replaced with crates when you fish?

I found the bug, when using the either multi lures mod (from dark dragon) and multi lures from (abluescarab) they glitch with the lures of the mod, so better disable them to make them work properly.

Back
Top Bottom