Vanilla or Modded

Zaii

Terrarian
:pinky:

Curious as to what ya'll normally play on/with?

I've got around 700 hours put into this game, and have tried out a bunch of mods; the heavy hitters like N-Terraria and Thorium/Tremor mostly. I like the extra stuff that mods add, but always find myself reverting back to the vanilla game and starting out fresh.

Anyone feel the same?

To those of you who only play modded- what keeps you involved in the mods as a whole?

I for the most part just stick with vanilla, with the exception of the period between 1.1 and 1.2 when Redigit left. Mods were probably the reason I kept playing the game during that period.
Honestly only Thorium mod looks interesting right now, and even then I'm not gonna start over for it. I probably will though when @Omnir finally ports the Nostalgia Pack. :p

A long time ago, back in the late days of 1.1.2 (Many months before 1.2 released). I used TConfig to play with Mods. The main reason being it felt like the game needed a little more in 1.1.2. I used a ton of Mods at the time to give Extra Health/Accessories, and add a ton of new content. The main ones I used being a combination of Omnir's Nostalgia Pack, DivermanSam's Thorium, as well as many of Shockah's small quality enhancement mods. That's what kept me very excited about Terraria back in the 1.1 days. It easily extended my playtime from 100 to 250 hours I believe.

With the later official vanilla releases of 1.2 and then 1.3. It really felt that Terraria had become a "complete game" through these updates and because I am satisfied with the amount of content 1.2 and 1.3 brought, I no longer felt the need to use mods at all, and have only played Vanilla since the release of 1.3.

Honesty, I never really got into mods (somewhat odd, since I do in many games). So I'm playing vanila save for a couple of graphical (mostly interface) tweaks that I did myself.

i use wavebanks and i swap my armor graphics but otherwise i just play vanilla.

i don't want to be spoiled by utility niche weapons that aren't there in vanilla whenever i play a multiplayer session.

Depends. Modded these days, because Thorium. Most mods, however, I don't like sticking with because they can tarnish the feel of the game. Thorium mostly avoids this.

As a former tester that played the game every single day for over a year, often to the point I overworked myself for nothing, so that you lot could have the best experience possible, I can almost no longer stand the vanilla game at all. The RPG mod gave the game a nice new injection of life for me though. Different enough, but not too far from the original vision of the game

I only play Vanilla, since the game is so full of content now that it doesn't seem necessary. With Minecraft, it's incredibly necessary to do anything on a single-player world that satisfies you, but not in Terraria.

It largely depends on what mods are available and if any of my friends are using mods. Like with minecraft I got mods from my friends. The only time I've actually went after mods myself was for elderscrolls games. So if I have no one in contact with me enough to sell me on a mod, I'm not going to get any.

Back
Top Bottom