IC Voidtouched Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Im kinda just ready to have Pen... blow up??? He's reached his arc.)

(Lemme just roll my insanity dice and... Oh. Nat 20. Well then.)

Pen, completely lost in his madness, raises his hands above his head. All of skeletons crumble into dust, being pulled into a black void above Pen's head. It grows, sucking in small deleterious, random debris, corpses, discarded weapons, until it starts to blot out the sun, a ring of dark lightning forming around it. His maniacal laughter lost in the crackling of the void, summoning the full extent of his power has wiped his sanity. He's ready to destroy everything with this one attack.

The various light soldiers seem to turn to dust.

Yura looks up in horror, as do Niko and Stalwart.

The light surrounding the church at the center of the island dims...

A lone figure, glowing like the sun in his radiant armor, steps out of the church.. well.. limps.

After gaining his footing, he spreads his hands.. a plain bow and arrow made of light forming from them..

The void can be seen notably growing closer as Integritas is away from his post.

With a voice like the rumbling of an avalanche, the divine warrior speaks.

"By the order of Oblivisci.. you shall be returned to the dust from which you came."

The figure draws back his arrow.. the air around him glimmering.. but this tiny arrow still seems unfit to kill.. well.. Pen.

He may need some help in buying some time.

The various light soldiers seem to turn to dust.

Yura looks up in horror, as do Niko and Stalwart.

The light surrounding the church at the center of the island dims...

A lone figure, glowing like the sun in his radiant armor, steps out of the church.. well.. limps.

After gaining his footing, he spreads his hands.. a plain bow and arrow made of light forming from them..

The void can be seen notably growing closer as Integritas is away from his post.

With a voice like the rumbling of an avalanche, the divine warrior speaks.

"By the order of Oblivisci.. you shall be returned to the dust from which you came."

The figure draws back his arrow.. the air around him glimmering.. but this tiny arrow still seems unfit to kill.. well.. Pen.

He may need some help in buying some time.
Grace, spotting this, directs the house-sized golem to head over to the figure to come to their aid.

They’re not really close yet, but putting a fair dent in the skeletons’ ranks. Grace keeps on the lookout, tiredly, for any more…direct threats to the bowman.

(Kinda forgot which of the characters I have here is currently active other than Quill, Hugie, and Iridia
so I'll mainly be using Iridia due to still existing confidence issues affecting Quill, and by extension kind of affecting Hugie)
Iridia is probably currently just watching things.

(Kinda forgot which of the characters I have here is currently active other than Quill, Hugie, and Iridia
so I'll mainly be using Iridia due to still existing confidence issues affecting Quill, and by extension kind of affecting Hugie)
Iridia is probably currently just watching things.
(It appears from backreading that Chris and Nayi are also active already
though I might remove Chris at least temporarily
and I'm not sure if I trust myself with Nayi either)

Pen, seeing the divine warrior, guides his orb. It shoots a blast of condensed lightning (13,) trying to smite the light warrior before he can fire off his arrow.

Pen, seeing the divine warrior, guides his orb. It shoots a blast of condensed lightning (13,) trying to smite the light warrior before he can fire off his arrow.
(11) It grazes Integritas, causing him to stumble, but he still continues charging his arrow..

Seems it wont be charged in time..

Yura, the blacksmith, looks between Pen and Integritas, noticing that.. it seems the light warrior won't be ready in time..

The blacksmith grabs his hammer, leaping over his anvil and into the middle of the group.

"THOSE OF YA WHO CAN FLEE, FLEE NOW!"

"THE REST OF YA'...."

"Trust me.."

He raises his huge hammer, slamming the handle into the ground with such force that about half of it goes into the ground, the old cobbled road cracking heavily.

He then slams his fists onto the ends of his huge hammer.. his whole body dimming significantly..

a large, thick golden dome of light covers most of the group, but some of the stragglers may need to dive for it if they want to live..

Stalwart fires off a grapple arm, snagging Niko, who yelps, and he leaps within the golden barrier, scraping painfully across the ground, but dragging Niko in too.

Iridia just kind of zooms into the barrier area.
(And just assume my other characters do so too if needed, but again, I don't trust myself to play the others well right now)

(11) It grazes Integritas, causing him to stumble, but he still continues charging his arrow..

Seems it wont be charged in time..

Yura, the blacksmith, looks between Pen and Integritas, noticing that.. it seems the light warrior won't be ready in time..

The blacksmith grabs his hammer, leaping over his anvil and into the middle of the group.

"THOSE OF YA WHO CAN FLEE, FLEE NOW!"

"THE REST OF YA'...."

"Trust me.."

He raises his huge hammer, slamming the handle into the ground with such force that about half of it goes into the ground, the old cobbled road cracking heavily.

He then slams his fists onto the ends of his huge hammer.. his whole body dimming significantly..

a large, thick golden dome of light covers most of the group, but some of the stragglers may need to dive for it if they want to live..

Stalwart fires off a grapple arm, snagging Niko, who yelps, and he leaps within the golden barrier, scraping painfully across the ground, but dragging Niko in too.
The golem lumbers into the dome, possibly being a bit large, so it picks up Grace from its shoulder to set them down on the ground. The golem then lumbers to the edge of the barrier, possibly sticking out, to see if it can help with anything else.

(looks like I get to destroy everything with no consequences. Let me roll my chaos dice.)

(Uh oh, thats a 2. Something bad is gonna happen.)

The chaos ball of pure void and darkness crackles wildly, becoming irregular as it shifts and morphs. Pen looks up, his eyes filled with a twinge of panic. He seems to be losing control of the void. Desperately, trying to shut it down, he makes the mistake of sticking his hand into it. A screech of pain as his hand disintegrates, Pen loses control of the orb.

Trying to flee, Pen crumbles his bone pillar, expecting to fall to the ground. Instead, he hovers, the orb pulling him closer and closer.

Scrambling wildly in the air, he slowly starts to spaghettify before finally crumbling into the void. The villain is gone, slain by his own pride.

(Chaos die! Nat 20!)

His weapon, however still remains. Instead of dissipating, it grows wildly, absorbing the massive amounts of mana its creator had.

Dark spikes shoot out of it, impaling the ground. Inky vines of void spread, corrupting more and more of the purity as the void grows.

(looks like I get to destroy everything with no consequences. Let me roll my chaos dice.)

(Uh oh, thats a 2. Something bad is gonna happen.)

The chaos ball of pure void and darkness crackles wildly, becoming irregular as it shifts and morphs. Pen looks up, his eyes filled with a twinge of panic. He seems to be losing control of the void. Desperately, trying to shut it down, he makes the mistake of sticking his hand into it. A screech of pain as his hand disintegrates, Pen loses control of the orb.

Trying to flee, Pen crumbles his bone pillar, expecting to fall to the ground. Instead, he hovers, the orb pulling him closer and closer.

Scrambling wildly in the air, he slowly starts to spaghettify before finally crumbling into the void. The villain is gone, slain by his own pride.

(Chaos die! Nat 20!)

His weapon, however still remains. Instead of dissipating, it grows wildly, absorbing the massive amounts of mana its creator had.

Dark spikes shoot out of it, impaling the ground. Inky vines of void spread, corrupting more and more of the purity as the void grows.
Integritas quickly adjusts his aim to the weapon, seems he’s almost ready to fire.
(11)
The barrier cast by Yura begins to crack and flicker as the divine blacksmith stumbles, looking weakened.
“F…Forgive me… I…Integritas…”

He draws his hands back, slamming them once again into the barrier, his body growing bright once again.

…. He begins to crack, his edges fading away into shining ashes as he puts the very energy that constitutes his being into the barrier and keeping it deployed.
(so uhh, where am I?)
(Inside the light barrier cast by Yura.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom