tModLoader Waking Night, Envoy to Dreaming Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, updated the name and thread icon! Also, this mod is now going to be a full-on mod instead of originally a mini-mod!

Meaning in the future it could be as big as Spirit or Calamity! Now you might be thinking, "Woah, that's a pretty big change! No way you could grow to be that big!" And to that I say "lol i dunno it would be pretty rad tho amiright"

Also do not worry about if this mod grows to be sloppy or something, from this day i'm going to be working a lot more with the team to make this mod as great as possible! But if it does grow to be sloppy in the far future, (as unlikely as that is) please re-direct the team to this post and give us a slap. :)

Thank you to all those who've been with the mod since the beginning, even if it's been a month it still means a lot for you guys to stick around even when this mod was like... 16 items?

Here's to dreaming days. ^^

Last edited:
Hey my dudes, sorry for the week hiatus on news and stuff. Took a bit of a break, organised the discord and hired 2 new devs: @Diverman Gecko and @RainbowDrago!

Also made a lot of progress on planning the next update, which should expand a lot on Pre-hardmode and add some extra cool stuff too!

Updated list on what to expect:
  • 1 New boss
  • 4 or more new enemies (For the forest and ice biomes)
  • 5 New Sets
  • A bunch of Special Gear
  • New Summoner Weapons
  • New Throwing Weapons
  • New Accessories
  • Probably 100 new items in total?
Keep in mind as well, Pre-hardmode will still get new stuff in future updates so that's cool. B)

Oh and also an important note, you'll have to download a new mod for this update and disable the old one due to the name change. Sorry! :/

Hey my dudes, sorry for the week hiatus on news and stuff. Took a bit of a break, organised the discord and hired 2 new devs: @Diverman Gecko and @RainbowDrago!

Also made a lot of progress on planning the next update, which should expand a lot on Pre-hardmode and add some extra cool stuff too!

Updated list on what to expect:
  • 1 New boss
  • 4 or more new enemies (For the forest and ice biomes)
  • 5 New Sets
  • A bunch of Special Gear
  • New Summoner Weapons
  • New Throwing Weapons
  • New Accessories
  • Probably 100 new items in total?
Keep in mind as well, Pre-hardmode will still get new stuff in future updates so that's cool. B)

Oh and just a note, you'll have to download a new mod for this update and disable the old one due to the name change. Sorry! :/
Rest in peace content crate.

You'll be missed by like zero people.

Heya, forgot to announce this earlier but instead of having these updates we're going to do it all in one big swing. It will probably take quite a bit, but it should be very very cool!

However don't be worried about the wait being unbearable, we're going to release a bunch of open beta updates on the discord for testing and feedback! Just on the discord though since it's easier to control bug reports and suggestions there.

To explain it a little better: It will be like snapshots pretty much, so we know which bugs to fix and what to change so the full release is as clean and nice as possible.

Oh, and the thread will be getting a bunch of updates too as sprites are finished. With of course information of which content has been released in a snapshot or is still unreleased.

The "update" is still coming out in a snapshot on the discord by the way, might be a bit smaller because I want to spend more time on the boss since it's been reworked a LOT.

Like... A LOT.

Old designs:
Greenbreakerandlight.png

New designs**:
AmazolightAll.png

*Not final designs, btw
**Credits to @Frous for patching up Greenbreaker (now known as Amazobreaker) and the palette

So that's all the news for now, keep an eye on the thread for changes!

Last edited:
This makes me more and more hyped about next update so I want to say thank you and your team to make this . Also these designs look fantastic and this mod return more and more masterpiece .

Heya, forgot to announce this earlier but instead of having these updates we're going to do it all in one big swing. It will probably take quite a bit, but it should be very very cool!

However don't be worried about the wait being unbearable, we're going to release a bunch of open beta updates on the discord for testing and feedback! Just on the discord though since it's easier to control bug reports and suggestions there.

To explain it a little better: It will be like snapshots pretty much, so we know which bugs to fix and what to change so the full release is as clean and nice as possible.

Oh, and the thread will be getting a bunch of updates too as sprites are finished. With of course information of which content has been released in a snapshot or is still unreleased.

The "update" is still coming out in a snapshot on the discord by the way, might be a bit smaller because I want to spend more time on the boss since it's been reworked a LOT.

Like... A LOT.

Old designs:
Greenbreakerandlight.png

New designs**:
AmazolightAll.png

*Not final designs, btw
**Credits to @Frous for patching up Greenbreaker (now known as Amazobreaker) and the palette

Holy... The new desing of the boss is so sexy!:passionate:

Like... A LOT.

Old designs:
Greenbreakerandlight.png

New designs**:
AmazolightAll.png

*Not final designs, btw

Holy quackamoly, they’re looks :red:ing fantastic

Last edited:
So a little bad/good news, due to a lot of planning still needed, devs being busy, motivation drops, and taking some time to practice some more.. I cannot assure the old release date for the snapshot, really sorry to say this. But it is coming, and will probably be better than originally planned.

And it's sad to say Powpow will be leaving the dev team, not for any dramatic reason, it's because they already have a lot on their plate and I respect and understand that.

However some good news, @Samrux has joined the dev team! He's working on some pretty damn cool stuff so that's going to be awesome! (Believe me it's going to be awesome, this guy is a dev for Pokemon Uranium and a seriously good writer for pete's sake! :D)

And that's pretty much all I can say for now i think... Oh wait, I do have a little promo art for a "new" floating skull boss that is excited to see you yet again. :)

promo1.png

Last edited:
Don't worry about release dates, take your time and do it right! I don't think anyone minds waiting a bit longer for the pre-release.

Ah i'm not too worried about release dates, i'm only worried about people getting confused on why nothing's out on those dates ach. But thank you for the kind words regardless. ^^

Oh and another note, moved this to the WIP section since the new version of the mod doesn't have an official release yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom