tModLoader Waking Night, Envoy to Dreaming Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
New update, 1.3! This is a kinda shamefully late update since i'm a spoon and don't test my mod changes..

Fixes:
All of the broken metal spears

Additions:
Winged Victory: A nice greek-like vanity hairstyle!
(Based off of Mercy from Overwatch's Winged Victory hairstyle)

Was going to wait till 1.5 to fix it but I realized how foolish that would be to let the 600+ people who downloaded 1.2 deal with it any longer. ;-;

Last edited:
Additions:
Winged Victory: A nice greek-like hairstyle!
(Based off of Mercy from Overwatch's Winged Victory hairstyle)
Do note this is a VANITY item and not do something stupid like me like looking through all the stylists hair choices and then trying to point this out to Val but realize you're a spoon and then just feel stupid.

Nobody would do that right..? Right...? hahahahahaha...

Do note this is a VANITY item and not do something stupid like me like looking through all the stylists hair choices and then trying to point this out to Val but realize you're a spoon and then just feel stupid.

Nobody would do that right..? Right...? hahahahahaha...

Don't worry, edited it in case. (Should have put vanity in there anyways so if anybody is the spoon it's me lol)

not sure if I've said this already, but this mod needs more ranged weapons

Probably after this updates will be more "whatever is cool lol" than "okay time to sprite 50 different (insert weapon type here)" since in the end I enjoy making more than one kind of weapon.

(seriously spriting like 30-40 spears is fun and all but it gets a little repetitive after awhile, especially with the fact i have to work tens of hours on them all)

So ye, will probably add a bunch of random stuff and ranged weapons should be a few of them maybe.

another thing I'd like to see is more prehardmode non-consumable throwing weapons

Sure! I do plan to add some boomerangs and the like that are throwing instead of melee. I feel like boomerangs and the like are more throwing than melee anyways. ^^

Quick update: 1.5 is going nicely, just been in a weird on and off mood lately but I've gotten a bit done. Also been concepting what 1.6 will bring as well, so I've been kinda working on both lol.

However to say sorry for not having this update done (which it should have been a few days ago, curse me and my laziness), here's some spoilers.

unknown.png

galacticirebeam.gif

woah terraria is only at 1.3, you're really fast

I would re-do all the version names and call this new one 1.1, but it's too late. ;-;

Also, sorry again for the super small amount of release content this mod had. Should have probably spent more time to improve my code and spriting, but hey everything happens for a reason.

Now I know i'm a total spoon. ;')

1.5(which again, should have been called 1.1) is kinda "the actual mod" update, since this stuff was more like a tiny game demo. :(

New update, 1.3.1! Or 1.5 what what I used to call it.

39 new items, and a bunch of quality of life changes! :D

However... There was going to be that secret John Cena boss.. But I had to sacrifice him to upload the mod, since it kept bugging the upload. ;-;

RIP John Cena boss, your sacrifice was not in vain.

Also a couple items had to be cut out since I wanted to practice coding a little more before I attempted them, so rip that too for now. :(

But I had a lot of fun with this first content update, so it's all good!

Last edited:
New update: 1.3.1.2:

Fixes all the projectile shooting spears, all of them were bugged whenever melee speed was increased.
(Sorry about that)
Buffed Arca Plasmor: Damage increased, shoots more bullets, speed increased, and spread lowered
Buffed most spears: Speed increased
Nerfed Red Mage's Arm: Speed decreased a lot

Sorry you all had to deal with those silly spears, I didn't configure the new projectile brick correctly with their speed. ;-;

(Also PS: @Vladimier is a dev now, expect a lot of sexy sprites and projectiles in the next update.)

Fixes all the projectile shooting spears, all of them were bugged whenever melee speed was increased.
(Sorry about that)
Buffed Arca Plasmor: Damage increased, shoots more bullets, speed increased, and spread lowered

Sorry you all had to deal with those silly spears, I didn't configure the new projectile brick correctly with their speed. ;-;

(Also PS: @Vladimier is a dev now, expect a lot of sexy sprites and projectiles in the next update.)
It's probably gonna be awesome! Great job @Vladimier!:)

(Sorry about that)

If you guys want to see the full extent of the spoonyness then here it is:
the beam spear also doesn't shoot a beam if you have ANY sort of melee speed increase
if you have less then 35% melee speed the life spear shoots two projectiles
Due to how the projectiles are spammed and their speed the Galactic Ire does more damage from ranged rather then from the spear themself
If you have more then 101% melee speed the ice spear also doesn't shoot a projectile
The galactic ire is also stronger the slower your melee speed is
The mourning ire doesn't shoot a projectile above 35% melee speed
Although at that melee speed the deathsickle beats it by 100 dps
Beam spear does like 40 less dps then the beam sword and doesn't shoot a projectile above 103% melee speed(edited)
the ice spear does 40 less dps then the ice blade
If you have no melee speed bonuses the life spear fires 3 projectiles
The star wraith is on-par with the galactic ire
Dragons bane also fires 2 phoenixes when less then 36% melee speed
The moment any pumpkins hit something the Horseman's blade does like 100 more dps then the horseman's spear
The horseman's spear doesn't fire any projectiles above 87% melee speed
The Ice boomerang is stronger then the meteorite boomerang and the enchanted boomerang is on par
Starstriker also doesn't fire a projectile with any melee speed buffs
Meteornight claymore bolts deal on par damage as the meteornight spear, and like 2x damage overall
True excaliber does 50 more dps then the spear version
Both True and Terra spears don't fire projectiles at 55%+ melee speed
Terrablade does 50 more dps then the spear
Solar eruption is still better then the solar dream
Red mages arm does like 2x the damage of the nights edge lol

About time I check out this thread after being in your discord for over a week, hehe.
Will definitely try out the mod at some point, and I'll continue to support it!

Little update, update progress is going weird. I had like, 3 different concepts all which I might or might not plan to fuse and expand on later updates.

I've probably sprited like, more content than the current release since the last update. Modding wise I've tested a new boss, and made a new weapon with a cool tag and right-click ability which I plan to make way more of.

So before halloween these all should be done, or way earlier depending on that all works out.

Currently what will most likely be added in the next update is:

• 1 New boss
  • 1 Or more new enemies
  • 3 New sets
  • 1-2 Special armors that aren't related to a set
  • 10-20 Special weapons
  • 1-5 Special accessories
  • New projectiles (going to try to not re-use old ones aaa)
  • Couple of new materials
  • Probably like, 70 or more items in total?
And that should be it, unless I make more. >:^)

Oh, and i'm planning on re-naming the mod since the aesthetic I first planned for it didn't work out in the end. No idea what it's gonna be re-named to, but it should be cooler. B)

Little update, update progress is going weird. I had like, 3 different concepts all which I might or might not plan to fuse and expand on later updates.

I've probably sprited like, more content than the current release since the last update. Modding wise I've tested a new boss, and made a new weapon with a cool tag and right-click ability which I plan to make way more of.

So before halloween these all should be done, or way earlier depending on that all works out.

Currently what will most likely be added in the next update is:

• 1 New boss
  • 1 Or more new enemies
  • 3 New sets
  • 1-2 Special armors that aren't related to a set
  • 10-20 Special weapons
  • 1-5 Special accessories
  • New projectiles (going to try to not re-use old ones aaa)
  • Couple of new materials
  • Probably like, 70 or more items in total?
And that should be it, unless I make more. >:^)

Oh, and i'm planning on re-naming the mod since the aesthetic I first planned for it didn't work out in the end. No idea what it's gonna be re-named to, but it should be cooler. B)

All of this is pointless because Val tried to delete the ice spear
2S17Ieo.gif

this is a reminder to leave a dumb message on val's profile for being a booly
I'm just kidding please join the discord it's pretty rad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom