Game Mechanics Wall of Flesh Summoning with Clothier Voodoo Doll

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Sometimes I wish to keep a world in pre-hardmode but want to battle the Wall of Flesh, so I think that the Wall of Flesh should be summonable with a Clothier Voodoo Doll, and when defeated, will not start hardmode.

Defeating all the other pre-hardmode bosses force no changes on your world so I feel the Wall of Flesh should have a way to be fought without forcing hardmode on you. Just like how you can fight Skeletron and not be forced to take on the dungeon, you'd have a way to fight Wall of Flesh without being forced to take on hardmode.

May or may not have its drops.

Last edited:
I would rather like it if you could have a "Faulty" guide voodoo doll. It's like the real one, but it's doesn't actually start hard mode. It could be dropped from Voodoo demons, but at a 50% chance. If you already have one in your inventory, you will not get another faulty one, instead next time, you will get the real thing. :p

"Wall of Clothier" I thought it was called the "Wall of Guide"

Maybe a "Faulty" version of the Ruby from the Depths suggestion as well. The Ruby is slightly "Imperfect" causing a fault in the hardmode system. The "Faulty" Voodoo doll looks rather like the same, but more plastic than wool :). Since it is not the real deal, it will not convert. I see your point in this thread. I give 50% support :3.

Finally, the "Faulty" versions are weaker because "They aren't the real thing". To counter this, they will not drop much. Just some potions.

In all seriousness, I think this is a great idea! Just needs a few more changes...

Last edited:
I would rather like it if you could have a "Faulty" guide voodoo doll. It's like the real one, but it's doesn't actually start hard mode. It could be dropped from Voodoo demons, but at a 50% chance. :p

This method of obtaining it would probably make a lot of people angry at voodoo demons for dropping the wrong doll.

Sometimes I wish to keep a world in pre-hardmode but want to battle the Wall of Flesh, so I think that the Wall of Flesh should be summonable with a Clothier Voodoo Doll, and when defeated, will not start hardmode.

Honestly I do not think this is a good idea once so ever. Mainly because there are a lot of Farming Method's for getting the Clothier Voodoo Doll. The Clothier Voodoo Doll is used for, and is needed to summon Skeletron. I honestly think its bad since the main voodoo doll (The Guide), is needed for it, and it would be weird if The Clothier Voodoo Doll could summon this boss. (It would also make the game unbalanced since you have obtained Hardmode Weapons, even though you have not passed into hardmode, these weapons are obtainable from the Wall Of Flesh.)

The clothier voodoo doll is used to summon skeletron, so if it summons wall of flesh, it would be weird. Sorry, but no support.
It's just a way to spawn the boss without needing a whole new item. It would cause no conflicts with the spawning of Skeletron, and would give a use to clothier dolls after finding one of them.

Honestly I do not think this is a good idea once so ever. Mainly because there are a lot of Farming Method's for getting the Clothier Voodoo Doll. The Clothier Voodoo Doll is used for, and is needed to summon Skeletron. I honestly think its bad since the main voodoo doll (The Guide), is needed for it, and it would be weird if The Clothier Voodoo Doll could summon this boss. (It would also make the game unbalanced since you have obtained Hardmode Weapons, even though you have not passed into hardmode, these weapons are obtainable from the Wall Of Flesh.)

It wouldn't break balance as the WoF drops are awarded for defeating the Wall of Flesh. You'd still get them anyway if hardmode had started. If you can beat the Wall of Flesh then everything else in pre-hardmode is no longer challenging.

Anyway the main point of this suggestion is a way to summon and defeat WoF without activating hardmode, which I don't think is a bad idea.

It's just a way to spawn the boss without needing a whole new item. It would cause no conflicts with the spawning of Skeletron, and would give a use to clothier dolls after finding one of them.

It wouldn't break balance as the WoF drops are awarded for defeating the Wall of Flesh. You'd still get them anyway if hardmode had started. If you can beat the Wall of Flesh then everything else in pre-hardmode is no longer challenging.

Anyway the main point of this suggestion is a way to summon and defeat WoF without activating hardmode, which I don't think is a bad idea.

The award's are the problem really. If you receive a hardmode item in pre - hardmode you instantly become 'to good', allowing the game to be unbalanced since you can almost one shot anything in the game. (The awards dropped, weapons etc.) http://terraria.wiki.gg/Wall_of_Flesh

Perhaps introduce new items to the game (Once this is done it will allow different drops from the wall of flesh.), that is one thing I can give you to start out, and make the idea a little more unique.

The award's are the problem really. If you receive a hardmode item in pre - hardmode you instantly become 'to good', allowing the game to be unbalanced since you can almost one shot anything in the game. (The awards dropped, weapons etc.) http://terraria.wiki.gg/Wall_of_Flesh

Perhaps introduce new items to the game (Once this is done it will allow different drops from the wall of flesh.), that is one thing I can give you to start out, and make the idea a little more unique.
There is no sequence breaking here, you're acting as if the WoF drops are just handed out freely, but you have to defeat pre-hardmode's final boss. Fighting the Wall of Flesh without starting pre-hardmode doesn't make the battle any easier. If you had used the guide doll instead, you'd still would have the same drops.

As the WoF is the hardest pre-hardmode challenge there is, it would not break balance to get its drops without starting hardmode. They're balanced to be molten/jungle tier anyway. If you can defeat the WoF then nothing else in pre-hardmode would be challenging to the player, excluding the Dungeon Guardian, which wouldn't be available if you're using clothier voodoo dolls.

I agree on this actually.

Back in my day in 1.1 wall of flesh was an :red: to beat.

I want to shove it in his face by killing him with his own weapons without dying in hard mode straight out.

Also because you can farm the wall without red devils and lava bats clogging the spawns.

Genius.

You realize how rare Clothier Voodoo dolls are, right?
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Clothier_Voodoo_Doll
Angry Bones drops it at said:
.33% chance
Dark caster drops it at said:
33% Chance

Ok! Now to defend the idea! This idea is a very neat and simple combination, I like it! Sure some people might disagree, though, it is still a great idea by itself.

The clothier voodoo doll is used to summon skeletron, so if it summons wall of flesh, it would be weird. Sorry, but no support.

Simple solution: The cyborg will sometimes have a new quote saying: "Have you defeated the Wall of [Clothier name] err... [Guide name]? Heh Heh...

I wouldn't say I would want this 100%, though could be a neat addition.

Sorry, but no support from me. Just go kill some voodoo demons. They spawn a lot now for me. In a playthrough I recently did, some guys and I got over 20 voodoo dolls before hardmode even started. And that was from us just making our bridge arena.

Sorry, but no support from me. Just go kill some voodoo demons. They spawn a lot now for me. In a playthrough I recently did, some guys and I got over 20 voodoo dolls before hardmode even started. And that was from us just making our bridge arena.
This is for those who prefer to kill the WoF for the sake of it without initiating hardmode.

I kinda see that WoF is the gateway to hardmode, and if you defeat him, there's gonna be consequences, like when you defeat the Cultists, the Lunar Pillars arrive. It also doesn't kinda make sense in lore

But then again, this can help alot in Expert Mode. So, I guess it couldn't hurt.

Support

I'd go for this, but given that the WoF drops loot that is meant to be for a Hardmode player.
...but then again, if you can beat the WoF you're meant to have that loot. I'll go for it.

What if the WOF can be summoned above ground by equipping the Guide Voodoo Doll and attacking? That could be a way to summon the WoF without Hardmode. Though item/coin drops should be lower.

What if the WOF can be summoned above ground by equipping the Guide Voodoo Doll and attacking? That could be a way to summon the WoF without Hardmode. Though item/coin drops should be lower.
King of nightmares must stay in hell xD

Back
Top Bottom