Casual Werewolves vs. Vampires

Werewolves or Vampires?

• Total voters
In The Vampyre, the vampire could come back to life if it`s remains are bathed in moonlight. The Vampyre came out before Dracula.
You also want to know what mordern ideas changed? Vampires being killed by sunlight. Dracula could walk around in the sun, it only limited his shapeshifting powers and the same goes for Carmilla, which also came before Dracula.
In Dracula, based on the mythos created by Vlad. The original vampires would burn in the sunlight, and had existed for a few millennium before The Vampyre and Dracula. Those two are considered modern with that timeframe.

Since you consider 200 years ago modern, what is original?
Greek mythology, where they were first introduced. I take the original weaknesses, as well as those weaknesses that are ludicrous with how popular they are. Such as werewolves being weak to silver and such.
We are discussing this way too much for a.thread that is supposed to be casual.

Yes, yes you are. Thankful you can't get multiple alerts at once from the same thread. I can only imagine how much the alerts would have exploded if the site allowed that.
No kidding, ha ha! I would almost feel bad for all those who had to suffer through all of those alerts!
I was going on the original examples, whereas you were going with that created by those who wanted to frighten others.

Aren`t werewolves the same? Only viable on a cycle? Like in Bisclavret when you are forced to transform once a week or in japanese myth when you just transform everytime you see something round.
Here are some more weaknesses for werewolves:

• You can be cured, destoying your powers.
  • Act feral when transformed.
  • You have the weaknesses of a canine, One foul smell and I can walk away.
Actually, in a great many original werewolf myths, the werewolves could change shape at will(unless they were cursed to become werewolves), and some of them even had protective wolfskin while transformed that rendered them almost completely immune to attack. Also, even the ones that were cursed usually had control over their actions, and the same goes for those with voluntary transformation. Also, curing a werewolf(if possible) would make them lose their powers, yes, but seeing as vampires are undead, curing them would just release their soul and therefore kill them, and the person who had been turned into a vampire usually did not have control of their body, seeing as they were undead.

Actually, in a great many original werewolf myths, the werewolves could change shape at will(unless they were cursed to become werewolves), and some of them even had protective wolfskin while transformed that rendered them almost completely immune to attack. Also, even the ones that were cursed usually had control over their actions, and the same goes for those with voluntary transformation. Also, curing a werewolf(if possible) would make them lose their powers, yes, but seeing as vampires are undead, curing them would just release their soul and therefore kill them, and the person who had been turned into a vampire usually did not have control of their body, seeing as they were undead.
Honestly, like Blue said. I like the modern stories more then the selkie-ripoffs that werewolves were in the past. You are fine if you like the ancient ones but I will be discussing them on how they are now instead of how they were in the beginning of time.
If you think that werewolves have astral projection because they did so in the past but I have never seen a werewolf do so so in my eyes, a werewolf doesn't have it.

Last edited:
Honestly, like Blue said. I like the modern stories more then the selkie-ripoffs that werethe past. You are fine if you like the ancient ones but I will be discussing them on how they are now instead of how they were in the beginning of time.
If you think that werewolves have astral projection because they did so in the past but I have never seen a werewolf do so so in my eyes, a werewolf doesn't have it.
Trying to process this here... and I got nothing. Didn't make much sense, honestly.

Calling the past versions of the myths surrounding vampires and werewolves as ripoffs of the ones of today (or, rather, the ones established by popular media). That's like calling Doom 1 a ripoff of Doom 4 (DOOM).
Selkies come from scottish myths. They aren`t something like the walking and talking treants who come from popular media.

Last edited:
"Werewolves aren't hot"
*cough cough*
erm
1698810929038.png

*cough*

Back
Top Bottom