What Biome do you think needs the most love?

What (mini)biome needs some love

• Forest and normal Cavern

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Jungle and Underground Jungle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Snow and Underground Snow

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Desert and Underground Desert

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Crimson and Underground Crimson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hallow and Underground Hallow

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Corruption and Underground Corruption

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Ocean

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Underworld

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Dungeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floating Island

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Jungle Temple

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Spider Nest

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Marble Cave

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Granite Cave

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Meteorite (I guess? It spawns unique enemies)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Arby's and Underground Arby's

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Mushroom Biome

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
Surprised I never saw this thread before until now. Thank you for resurrecting this thread Pearlie Hallow.

I think the Marble Biome, Floating Islands Hallow (mainly surface) could use more features. Hallow because of what Xylia said:

And Marble because there's only 2 Enemies there. One which is almost universally hated by every player making it unpleasant to explore, and Marble blocks aren't renewable like Granite Blocks are. Perhaps adding 1 or 2 more Greek related enemies with unique new items or special items in Marble House Chests could make the Marble more fun to Explore. Along with possibly having Granite/Marble Biomes spawn bigger than current on Medium/Large Maps.

There are other Biomes like the Ocean, Floating Islands, and Underworld which I also think could use more features though how I think they can be improved has been suggested in many other threads by others and myself a lot so I won't go into those here.

Well, there are only 2 enemies in Granite too. One of them has the capability to kill you in Expert Mode, just as badly as Medusae can (projectile reflect sucks when you're using weapons like Meowmere, for example) though admittedly, the chance a golem will put his dukes up at just the right time to screw you over is a lot more rare than a Medusa stoning you in mid-air or some-such, but still.

Either way, neither Granite nor Marble has anything special in their chests, but you do have a point that Marble is not renewable (it should be). Perhaps have the Hoplites drop Marble Blocks upon death would help?

I'd be all up for giving Granite and Marble a unique item that spawns in their respective chests, but I don't really have any ideas what those could be, perhaps they could be items that mitigate each other's deadliness? Granite could have an item that resists stone (3 second debuff instead of 6 and cuts fall damage in half while stoned) and Marble could have an item that cuts Reflected Damage in half.

I gotta go with the Jungle needs the most love because it's the one biome that you need to seal before hardmode. I say this with knowledge of the eventual Clentaminator that players will get. Once a jungle is corrupted/whatever'd the best you can do is make dirt/stone/forest. Therefore, in terms of what biome needs the most love during gameplay (which is apparently where I'm taking this) I gotta say that if you don't love your jungle, it'll eventually disappear on you. (Barring the chlorophyte slowly regrowing mud out of dirt)

I gotta go with the Jungle needs the most love because it's the one biome that you need to seal before hardmode. I say this with knowledge of the eventual Clentaminator that players will get. Once a jungle is corrupted/whatever'd the best you can do is make dirt/stone/forest. Therefore, in terms of what biome needs the most love during gameplay (which is apparently where I'm taking this) I gotta say that if you don't love your jungle, it'll eventually disappear on you. (Barring the chlorophyte slowly regrowing mud out of dirt)

I think what really needs done with the Jungle, is that we need a Corrupted/Crimson Jungle, a type of grass and foilage that grows on Mud, that way the Mud->Dirt conversion never happens, and Pure Solution can change it back to Jungle, and not Forest.

That'd fix all of the Jungle-related problems in one easy way.

Since the desert is now a major biome as opposed to a minor biome with addition of the underground desert, as well as corruptible desert blocks, (sort of like how the snow biome became a major biome with the introduction of ice blocks and the underground ice biome.) it would be great to add a desert dungeon chest, as that would rival the frozen chest seeing as how the ice and desert biomes are opposites.

Back
Top Bottom