Items What could one do with Ant Lion Mandibles.....

Would You want More Uses for AntLion Mandibles?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I like Tacos.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Antlion boss, really?

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Philitopolis

Eye of Cthulhu

Introduction:
On June 30th, I remember waiting for the countdown to 1.3, I had been keeping track of it, checking the time every 30 seconds. O MAN was I impressed by what ReLogic had done this time! My friend and I started a 1.3 lets-play and proceeded to go into the desert biome. A GIANT DRAGONFLY AND A CHARGER 2 hit kill us. WOAH. I eventually killed one and recived a few antlion mandibles. It said Material , but only ...made...the sand-gun.
Ideas: I believe that 1.3.1 needs a use for antlion mandibles... sand gun is great and all but I believe it needs a purpose, besides sitting there in my material chest. How about exoskeleton armor. It would be an upgraded version to the fossil armor. Take the fossil/bone armor and combine it with some mandibles and *POOF* u have a spiffy suit of mangled insects!
+=CLASS, BRO. Another idea would be "The Sand Storm", a boomerang made from an enchanted boomerang and antlion mandibles. And how about a Flask of Sand, where after striking an enemy, a mini sandstorm would hover over your head for 3 seconds and fire at enemies.
Ideas that are WAY out there: When entering the pyramid for the first time, everything is how it normally is. But after the WoF, everything would change.

When entering the dungeon, an altar would be sitting in the chest room, with an idol on top of it. If the player were to take it, terrible things would happen. Instead of the pyramid being stuck in the ground, it would rise from the ground. Various Symbols and Hieroglyphics would float about and the various antlion entities and hover around the top. If you were to kill any of these enemies, a small, pitiful looking "boss" would appear.
It would look like a larva. It would fire sandballs at the player, and after 1 minute would change form to a much larger looking boss that resembled the antlion. It would fire sand it a more rapid motion and every 30 seconds spray a sandstorm of sand at the player.
After a while it would change again to a form resembling the Antlion charger. It would charge in rapid succession at the player, and would launch a mandible-like weapon at the player. Another stage would pass and it would resemble a swarmer. One large swarmer would be protected by a shield of swarmers, which would come towards the player occasionally.
After this stage, it would grow into the "Antlion Pharaoh", who would remeble a stationary boss like the antlion, have wings that would frequently push the player away in a gust of wind, and have legs that would charge at the player similar to golem's fists. It would lay eggs occasionally which would hatch into either swarmers or chargers.
In the end after 30,000 hp MADNESS, you would defeat it. It would have a 20% chance to drop a Sandstorm Staff
bzkunbSKGoTFfBFs_V9Ueoeo5YPxR6-WdMsOJPW0cQtfjpuhQiZCUlpslx4Fu3Jr7gCB7uekq6UQdvt8XRXtvSSZzLYRoB8SP3m4B8ST0Grdmljm6Neg76Hfisz4rQMvhEiD8mA
(just imagine it is sandy colored)
, a summoner weapon, 20% chance to drop a The Swarmer Spell, where sand would fall from the sky if used (magic weapon), 20% chance to drop The Sword of the Pharaoh, a melee weapon which would swing rapidly and cause the victim to rise into the air and take damage ticks of 30 for 4 seconds (this trick would not work in multiplayer, just a sword there) . A 20% chance to drop a ranged weapon called the "Mummy's Rifle" which would fire a sing;e shot which would leave a trail of sand which would damage enemies. A 20% change to drop a Yoyo called the Sahara, which would be extremely mobile and fast. A 100% change to drop a treasure bag in expert mode containing an accessory called the Swarmer Shield, which would surround the player in a shield of.....swarmers, duh.

This is my very first pixel art depicting the magic weapon.
85789254-3dfb-11e5-8e41-0736268c05f0.gif
, course the pixels are a little more HD, but whatever.
e243cc40-3dfd-11e5-89a8-0736268c05f0.gif
Here is the ranged weapon, a little small but you get the idea. Here is the yoyo....
7494b568-3dff-11e5-b3ca-0736268c05f0.gif
(if you cant tell by now I suck at making pixel art).

Last edited:
I would recommend you to organize the suggestion, because many people will rage with the Wall of Text, and it also makes reading a little bit harder.
This idea is a great way to improve the desert even more, because we need more desert-themed items ( IMO desert should earn more attention than the snow )
All the drops seem great and balanced, so does the boss.
Overall good suggestion and I show support!
Oh, and I also made a better sprite for the Sahara, it's a reskin of the Amazon.
EJ36ez2.png
Please excuse the white background , I'm no pro editor ;(
Also if you want, I could make the Sharknado sand-yellow color.

Moved to Suggestions.

Would definitely recommend you split the text up a bit, to avoid the wall of text.

I am in agreement though! There definitely needs to be more uses!

Is this supposed to be pinned..?

Anyways, I suppose it would work. Though a wall of text is usually a turn off to ideas.

Thanks for all these suggestions, this is only the 3 real thread I have put this much effort into. I tried to break up the wall of text and will make sure to take that into mind when making suggestions in the forum.

Idk, I think that having a thing as ingridient for potion gives enough uses. There's more items that should have more uses.

Idk, I think that having a thing as ingridient for potion gives enough uses. There's more items that should have more uses.
I agree entirely, just mean't that now that there are so many things that drop antlion mandibles, there could be some more uses for it.

After fully exploring an underground desert for the first time, I'm still of the mindset that it is very.... lacking in actual content.

Also, what's with the RIDICULOUS amount of Fossils it takes to make a suit of armor? Don't they think 80 some fossils is a tad ridiculous when you can take back 300 or so of the blocks, dump em in the Extractinator and maybe get 20-30 fossils or so?

Also, the buildings in the underground desert has the same crap the rest of the underground does.

You know, the Underground Desert almost looks like it'd be an awesome starter area with all of the small caves close-by, makes for easy exploration...... except..... the monsters are ridiculously powerful that you shouldn't even THINK about going there until you've beaten EoW/BoC and gotten the equipment from it.

Lots of ore, decent number of underground houses with underground accessories, but... the monsters are too strong to take advantage of it early-game.

It seems like a mish-mash of ideas thrown together that wasn't all that well thought out.

Back
Top Bottom