What do you like spending time on in Terraria?

What do you like spending time on in Terraria?

• Mining

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catching and collecting critters (and pets)

• Purifying your world

• Utterly destroying your world

• Making adventure map-like world things (???)

• Grinding for stuff like the Ankh Shield or Cell Phone

• Making big farms

• Helping and exploring with friends

• Messing around and playing games with friends

• Making Let's Plays or similar things

• Total voters

Guyguytheman

Terrarian
Just curious to see how others feel. Mostly covers vanilla stuff that also applies to many mods, but if you're one of those heavy mod players, then you might have a harder time choosing an option. Most of the options are self-explanatory, but the ones that are less obvious are described here:

Putting yourself through different challenges: You know, fighting ten bosses at the same time, killing King Slime with a Copper Shortsword, that kind of thing.
Messing around with stuff for entertainment: Things that aren't normal for stable minds, like drowning your NPCs or destroying your entire world with dynamite.
Making adventure map-like world things (???): Basically filling worlds with things that have more use as aesthetics for a type of environment or story your going for, like an adventure map. (Idk maybe I'm the only one who does this?)

I filled the maximum amount of options, but if someone suggests another option that I like enough, I might replace another option with it.
Also, for me, I'm more of a fishing person. Like, I'd rather fish for all of the ores than mine them. There's just something about the peaceful feeling of throwing your line into a pool (usually the ocean for me) and watching the sun and clouds drift by, waiting for a catch as you listen to the amazing music of Terraria, as well as the satisfying feeling of finally catching that one thing you were trying to get.

I enjoy wiring up my bases in multiplayer to be as inconvenient to navigate as possible.

My magnum opus was wiring up a death chamber to our teleporter system that regularly would yeet you into a box full of spear traps.

The trap could not be turned off. It could only be turned on. Once it started repeating, it ended up activating its own teleport lever repeatedly.

I am not allowed to have wire unless everyone knows exactly what I'm doing with it.

Collecting stuff.
Can’t stop playing a world until I have every weapon, every armor, every trophy...
Not banners tho. Working to have one grand collection world with all the banners.

I like building elaborate structures and farming rare items. Sometimes on the same world, sometimes not, but each world I've played on for prolonged periods of time has its own hoard that I'm loathe to remove.

Collecting stuff.
Can’t stop playing a world until I have every weapon, every armor, every trophy...
Not banners tho. Working to have one grand collection world with all the banners.
Oh hey, you and me both. Right now I'm still missing Dr. Bones, Moth, Rune Wizard, Groom, and a bunch of the frost/pumpkin moon ones. Real pain to hunt them down.

I enjoy wiring up my bases in multiplayer to be as inconvenient to navigate as possible.

My magnum opus was wiring up a death chamber to our teleporter system that regularly would yeet you into a box full of spear traps.

The trap could not be turned off. It could only be turned on. Once it started repeating, it ended up activating its own teleport lever repeatedly.

I am not allowed to have wire unless everyone knows exactly what I'm doing with it.
I've gotta ask - when you say 'never turned off', would this trap reset when the world was reloaded, or did it persist through world reloads?

I've gotta ask - when you say 'never turned off', would this trap reset when the world was reloaded, or did it persist through world reloads?

The trap reset when the world was reloaded, but once activated, it needs to have certain engine pieces destroyed to be stopped.

Collecting stuff.

Lol I'm pretty much the exact same. I'm having a lot of trouble with the Medusa Head though, and I'm also missing lots of Frost Moon items.

Explore the world, grab items, try getting the ROD (Rod of Discord), collect as much money as i can, try making some sort of teleportation system to all useful places in the world, etc etc, i just do things cause im bored and am too weak to defeat the Moon Lord.
Oh and also try and defeat the Moon Lord

I like finding new ways to fight bosses, fishing, brewing potions, and minor exploits which are intended but not that useful in most playthroughs.

I really building underground settlements, if not floating islands.
My underground settlements typically contain a lot of grass and dirt to give them that crumbly homey vibe, I usually toss crafting stations and chests anywhere I can until I can build a room for them out of sight connected by teleporters. Needless to say, the steampunker is an important NPC to me.

doing this
what.PNG

I like to try out different modpacks and do tons of playthroughs so I can really enjoy terraria with new content every time. I also enjoy starting brand new worlds specifically to play with friends, and we have a whole adventure together! It's so much fun.

Last edited:
I just build lots of things in different biomes and link them all with teleporters, and I also explore the entire world and attempt to purify it completely.

I like to:
  • Explore the entire surface and as much underground as I can, which thanks to Large World Enabler allows me to explore even more!
  • Clentaminate as much evil as I can, and see how much Jungle I can convert into Glowing Mushroom (after defeating Plantera, of course.)
  • Beat the absolute :red: out of any bosses I can summon, especially with Post Moon Lord gear for any bosses that came before that.
  • Drain the ocean into Hell/the Underworld.
  • Mods, mods, mods!
  • Fighting any post-Moon Lord boss any mod provides just because.
And if all else fails, I grab the Mount Drill, and whatever tile-destroying tools I can get my hands on, and raze the entire world down to the Underworld, and start anew.

Back
Top Bottom