4 - Axe
5 - Torches
6 - Sticky Glowsticks
7 - Rope (weapon once rope is useless)
8 - Misc.
9 - Wooden Platform
0 - Dirt or Stone (for building)

Endgame/Bossfights

I use slots 1, 3, 6, 7, and 8 for weapons. I know it's inefficient, but it's basically the setup I fell upon in Minecraft and just transplanted it when I found Terraria. The familiarity lends reflexive speed to my playing!

1- Main weapon always melee and 90% sword (Terra blade, ice blade, breaker blade, ~scourge of corruptor~)
2- Always pickaxe
3- Always axe
4- Hammer, but when get a hamaxe it goes to third slot and this one becomes another melee
5- Ranged weapon
6- Ranged weapon
7- Magic weapon
8- Magic weapon, Turret summon
9- Mount, Summoner
0- Rod of discord, Summoner, Lance
My main character have different stuffs, but i fixed in the way that i said:
tq4O7lB.png

4OgT7mh.png

The hotbar of my hardcore character now:
mg5YhNR.png

Last edited:
AARGH GOD DAMMIT I'LL FIX THAT :red: THEN!
TURRETS ARE NEVER GOING TO GET IN THE 9TH SLOT!!
DONE, LEAVE ME ALONE NOW PLZ D:
I can't tell if this is an exaggeration or if you literally mean it, but whatever the case, it's all good.

Mine has certain parts that change depend on what I am doing.

1. melee (close range weapon, not the class)
2. ranged (long range weapon, not the class)
3. pick
4. hammer/axe (axe when tree chopping, but mostly hammer)
5. wood/etc.(Usually a wood type or base material that I want to use for building a foundation for tunnels and housing. Will be acorns when harvesting trees.)
6. block/misc (Usually stone bricks, or even wood. This is usually a miscellaneous slot I use for just about anything, and since usually building happens to be the secondary foundation, or sometimes the primary.)
7. rope/wooden beam (depends on what I want to accomplish. Usually rope until I am able to use wooden beams, but with switch based on #8 & #9)
8. platform/rope/lighting (This one varies, especially when I use #9 for either. Usually will be the opposite of #9, with occassionally switching out for rope.)
9. Lighting/platform (usually lighting until I get mining helm, but even then is switch between two when building)
0. dirt/etc. (Basic material that is easy to mine)

#5 to #9 Will be use in building. When I build, or want to do touch-ups these slots will all be materials that I want to build with. Even then will switch constantly the materials, as I hold most in inventory. After all that is only a few slots compared to the range of materials one is able to build with. Most times my inventory is usually full when building structures, however when doing touch-ups for laying a foundation of some kind it will not be so crowded, as I will go back with materials in mind in inventory; which would be most likely full at that time.

Note: I don't pay attention to what class weapons are; I just pay attention to what they do, even if a chakram is melee, I still consider it ranged since it hits at a distance. Utilize what I have and what I want to use according to what it does.:dryadgrin:

1. Weapon/Boulders
  2. Secondary Weapon/Tables
  3. Spiderqueen/Frost Hydra/Third Weapon
  4. Wire Cutters
  5. Hammer/Hammaxe
  6. Rope/Ice Rod
  7. Platform
  8. Block
  9. Summon Weapon
  10. Piggybank/Safe

image.jpg

1-Main melee
2-Pickaxe/axe
3-Main ranged
4-Main magic
5-Flail or Lance
6-other tools
7-Misc
8-Building materials
9-Potions
10-Magic mirror

Last edited:
as my main character prefers to run melee as I mainly use weapons on my hotbar(pets/minions buffs ect can be used in the inventory)Im pretty sure my hotter looks like:
1 Godly Scourge of the Corrupter (great lazy grinding weapon)
2 Legendary Picksaw (I like to be able to mine lizard blocks the ability is kinda important as I used them in building my house...)
3 Legendary Death Sickle
4 Godly North Pole
5 Godly Paladin's Hammer
6Godly Vampire Knives
7 Legendary The Horseman's Blade
8Legendary Terra Blade
9 Godly Flairon
0 Legendary The Axe
The order may be a bit off but I put a lot of work collecting this gear (and a fortune reforging -_-) so I always know what is in my hot bar...
as for the lack of common hot bar items my first row in my innovatory looks like
(Christmas Hook, ROD, Magic mirror, current pet of choice current minion of choice, Wisp in a bottle, Piggy Bank(containing clentaminator and solutions, mount of choice, battle potions and fishing supplies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom