What I do now?

drain.

Terrarian
So, yeah, I'm probably not the type of guy to be posting these kinds of stuffs, but I need some sort of advice, here.

So, I've had a huge crush on this girl, my classmate (to which we will call EJM.), for at least 15 months. It started out as a small adoration on how beautiful and kind she was, I would pass by her and randomly say, 'You look very beautiful.', as a small remark on her looks, and she would smile back, sometimes, she would've thrown a small 'Right back at you.", remark.

So after this little charade went for about a few weeks, EJM approached and initiated conversation. As an ice-breaker, she asked me, 'Why do you keep calling me beautiful?', to which I responded, 'Because it's true!', so she punched me in the shoulder and said I was flattering her. Since it was last period and the teacher didn't come, our conversation lasted maybe 50 minutes, and as that conversation ended, she had taken something special from me.

She had taken my heart.

And with that, I fell. Everything in my mind beyond that point was her. I would fail at tests because I didn't listen to the teacher, instead I would look at her. She would occasionally catch me looking, to which she replied with a smile. I would've probably been a bit embarrassed, but that smile of hers makes my heart melt, and my spirit strong.

After about 4 months of dreaming of her, I finally got the courage to tell her how I felt. I still remember the blank expression on each of our faces when I said, 'I love you.", we just stood there for about 15 minutes, staring at each other's faces. After that, her sister started calling her, and they went home. She looked back, and that was about it.

So, the next day, first period was English, we were writing poetry at the time, and I was about the only adept poet there in the classroom, so my classmates usually go to me to ask if grammar, spelling and wording is correct. Most of my classmates treat and respect me as a 'Human Dictionary', including EJM, well it used to include her. Beyond after that point of my confession, she rarely started talking to me. I would initiate the conversation and we would talk just fine. But before she used to be this peachy girl who always started the conversation.

So, with a broken heart, and frail emotion. I fell into depression, I would just stand in front of the computer all day, browsing TO, playing games, making sprites, but I didn't say a thing. I wouldn't smile, I wouldn't eat, I would sleep really late. Because of this, I would skip school, lie in bed all day. As a result, my grade dwindled rapidly. In the rare occasion that I did go to school, I would just sit in the corner, looking at the window, momentarily shifting my vision toward her position. She would sometimes catch me looking, but only give a light smile, it wasn't fake, so that helped me a bit.

So, after 6 months of going through this, I finally decided I wouldn't take anymore, I slept early, woke early, took a bath, put on my uniform, and head to school. To which after that, my classmates asked me what happened to me. I didn't answer any of them and all I did was wait at the classroom door, waiting for EJM to get to the classroom. I saw her, and approached her immediately, I grabbed her hand, and looked intently at her beautiful face. I took a deep breath, and said, 'EJM, I know it's been awkward for both of us these last few months, but can we start over?', I said with great confidence and courage. To which she replied with a smile, a nod, and an embrace.

So, yeah, everything was back to normal, my depression disappeared, our friendship recovered, and I got my grades up.

So, after 5 months of the old routine, EJM and I being friends, hanging out with her after school, and she felt comfortable with me, again. Until, of course, yesterday, school was done, and we were both going home. We reached the fork in a road where we separated, we were about to go to each other's way until I grabbed her hand, and said, 'EJM, I love you.', and, hopefully, it won't end up last time.

She replied with a smile, grabbed my hand with me, and I walked her home.

I have rest of the week without school because sem-break, and before I go see her again, I need your guy's advice, what I do now?

I find it great that you two got back together!!! I've been through this once, and now she is still my girlfriend :). My advice would be to relax, and do the same thing you to did when you were friends, I mean, despite the fact you liked her, you had a calm easy relationship. Take turns starting the conversation, and don't be to controlling. Just act like a good friend, and things will settle themselves. :)

I always let her take the upper-hand on the conversation. She always has such interesting topics to talk about, on the occasion she lets me talk about my life, and she listens to me very attentively.

What I like about her is she's outgoing and talkative, but will let others talk if need be.

I always let her take the upper-hand on the conversation. She always has such interesting topics to talk about, on the occasion she lets me talk about my life, and she listens to me very attentively.

What I like about her is she's outgoing and talkative, but will let others talk if need be.
That sounds great! :), sorry if I confused you, but by taking turns I meant if you had something to say, say it, and if she has something to say, listen. Don't worry, you'll be fine :)

Ok, I'll be quite frank. Saying you love someone after just smiling and flirting was a bad idea. You probably scared the hell out of her. However, you are lucky she decided you were not a crazy stalker and gave you another chance. I'm a husband and a father an I can assure you falling in love with someone is very easy. Especially if they are good looking. (After all people eat with their eyes first.) However this is mostly due to lust in the beginning. It takes time for people to open up let you see their skeletons. After a bit of time you will or will not accept each others flaws and then will surely know if I love you needs to come out of your mouth. At least you had the courage to tell her and I'm sure she knows how you feel. I would suggest enjoying the time you have with her and letting her work out her feelings. She might just decides she loves you too, but don't keep saying it and expecting an answer right away. If it doesn't work out believe me you have plenty of time to find the right woman for you. Don't let your emotions get too carried away and keep a level head. jmo of course. Good luck!

Ok, I'll be quite frank. Saying you love someone after just smiling and flirting was a bad idea. You probably scared the hell out of her. However, you are lucky she decided you were not a crazy stalker and gave you another chance. I'm a husband and a father an I can assure you falling in love with someone is very easy. Especially if they are good looking. (After all people eat with their eyes first.) However this is mostly due to lust in the beginning. It takes time for people to open up let you see their skeletons. After a bit of time you will or will not accept each others flaws and then will surely know if I love you needs to come out of your mouth. At least you had the courage to tell her and I'm sure she knows how you feel. I would suggest enjoying the time you have with her and letting her work out her feelings. She might just decides she loves you too, but don't keep saying it and expecting an answer right away. If it doesn't work out believe me you have plenty of time to find the right woman for you. Don't let your emotions get too carried away and keep a level head. jmo of course. Good luck!

Thank you for this!

Yeah, I'm that guy who's daring and doesn't care of any outcome that may come of my actions, so the best course of action wasn't probably to tell my feelings right away, since she was the type of girl to love, not used to being loved back. So, of course she would probably be surprised by my statement.

Anyways, she seems coy with my feelings towards her, and she must've been sympathetic towards me because of what happened last time. I'll make sure to keep my feelings extra hidden next time.

This is the most doki-doki thing I've ever seen... best of luck to you, Sir Cutswood!

Personally, I'm much too shy, when it comes to girls, to pull a Leeroy of that magnitude. I can't even talk to girls without averting my eyes and staring at my feet...

Possibly because of my horrible experiences when I was your age. Trust me, no one could possibly match the level of embarrassment that I inflicted upon myself in middle school.

This is the most doki-doki thing I've ever seen... best of luck to you, Sir Cutswood!

Personally, I'm much too shy, when it comes to girls, to pull a Leeroy of that magnitude. I can't even talk to girls without averting my eyes and staring at my feet...

Possibly because of my horrible experiences when I was your age. Trust me, no one could possibly match the level of embarrassment that I inflicted upon myself in middle school.

Thanks!

As for your situation, I've also had scarring moments in my life, but I'm like a honey badger, I don't give a :red:.

The more you stress about the bad moments in your life, the less chance there will be good moments. So if you get 1/10 in a test, congratulate yourself on the question you got right, rather than demote yourself on the other nine.

You are too young to feel these feels Matsu disapproves. In all seriousness though, you should continue slowly building on the relationship before making a very daring, and admittedly incredibly romantic, declaration of your love. You need to be pretty sure she feels the same way or else these bold actions will scare her away. Confidence is a good thing in situations like this, but too much comes off as brash and abrasive.

You are too young to feel these feels Matsu disapproves. In all seriousness though, you should continue slowly building on the relationship before making a very daring, and admittedly incredibly romantic, declaration of your love. You need to be pretty sure she feels the same way or else these bold actions will scare her away. Confidence is a good thing in situations like this, but too much comes off as brash and abrasive.

Yeah, I know I should've kept my feeling hidden first for a few years, because I agree that I'm still too young.

Thank you for the advice!

Patience is sometimes the key - and sometimes it's better to let the other party confess, specially after something like you described. She already knows, you don't need to repeat it, "starting over" isn't a thing with feelings, talking from my own experiences. If she hasn't "healed" out of the initial scare, confessing out of the blue may just scare her again, and this time it could be permanent.

Then again, I confessed one out of eight times I was in a relationship, so I'm not an expert there.

Patience is sometimes the key - and sometimes it's better to let the other party confess, specially after something like you described. She already knows, you don't need to repeat it, "starting over" isn't a thing with feelings, talking from my own experiences. If she hasn't "healed" out of the initial scare, confessing out of the blue may just scare her again, and this time it could be permanent.

Then again, I confessed one out of eight times I was in a relationship, so I'm not an expert there.

Thank you for your input, Razor.

Like I've said, I've made a lot of very bad decisions. Confessing to her was easily one of the most stupid ones. Granted she wouldn't get afraid of what she would be as a lover again, I'll be extra cautious to keep anything intimate I want to say to her beyond this point.

Thank you, again!

in my opinion, you should wait awhile. if your in junior high, i'd say wait until high school to make a strong relationship, because almost no pre-high school relationships last very long. now, if you're already in high school, i'd say go for it.

in my opinion, you should wait awhile. if your in junior high, i'd say wait until high school to make a strong relationship, because almost no pre-high school relationships last very long. now, if you're already in high school, i'd say go for it.

I'm a high-school sophomore, but I'd still wait a few more years before I go for the gold.

The more you stress about the bad moments in your life, the less chance there will be good moments. So if you get 1/10 in a test, congratulate yourself on the question you got right, rather than demote yourself on the other nine.
I know this is going slightly off-topic, but I don't fully agree with this statement (or philosophy, rather). It really depends on how you perceive mistakes; for example, I generally try and see them as opportunities for improvement and look at where I went wrong. Seriously, pretty much every assignment from any single class in my school asks for the same sort of thing, you can improve insanely by avoiding what got you marked down for last time. With that said, I have had quite a few cringeworthy moments in the last few years that I'd rather not delve into.

As for the actual topic, I honestly can't be of much assistance.

Actually, I can't be of any assistance at all.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Does she play Terraria? Show her Terraria.

She isn't that much of an internet user, though.

If I showed her Terraria, she would've joined this forum, and this thread wouldn't have existed, as she is very friendly, and will take opportunities to join new communities whenever possible.

I don't really know what to tell you what to do :p

But as for the story, it was a brilliant read and good luck in the future with her :)

im no expert on love but im probably going to tell you to go slowly and steadily with your relationship with her. if you go to fast i bet it could fall again. also i wish you the best of luck in your relationship ;)

Back
Top Bottom