What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard someone say?

This is probably common, buuuuuuut... "Minecraft is better than Terraria", I used to have a friend who said that, and in my head, I was just like "NO, JUST, NO, :red:ING NOOOOOOOOOOO, TERRARIA IS BETTER"

And lots of stuff similar to "Anime is :red:/for kids/for idiots/for weebs", I haven't heard anyone say that IRL, but I have read people saying it on the internet, and like with the "Minecraft is better than Terraria" thing, I just think "NO, JUST, NO, :red:ING NOOOOOOOOOOO".

There is also: "Consoles are better than PCs because [incorrect reason]", :red:ing no, PCs are better in every way.
No offense intended here, but that sounds a bit hypocritical. Whether or not something is "better" than something else usually depends on a number of subjective reasons, so if you say that saying "A is better than B" is stupid because you think it's the other way round, then you're saying "B is better than A", i.e. doing the exact same thing. It's a matter of opinion. And calling someone stupid for expressing their opinion is, in my opinion, one of the dumbest things to do.

No offense intended here, but that sounds a bit hypocritical. Whether or not something is "better" than something else usually depends on a number of subjective reasons, so if you say that saying "A is better than B" is stupid because you think it's the other way round, then you're saying "B is better than A", i.e. doing the exact same thing. It's a matter of opinion. And calling someone stupid for expressing their opinion is, in my opinion, one of the dumbest things to do.

That whole quote is the weirdest think ive heard someone say
Your being a bit Hypocritical

I am visually impaired. I use a cane to make other people aware of the fact that I can't always see where I'm going, what I'm doing, when their car is going to hit me, or who I'm going to run into.

This has caused some interesting 'observations' from some who do not understand that there are actually points between 'completely 100% blind' and '20/20 perfect vision'.

Some of the best lines I've heard to date:
"[accusingly] Why do you have that cane when you can OBVIOUSLY see?"
"[irritated] How can you NOT see the projector screen, you're in the front row! [I show him my cane] So?"
"Wait, is that a STICK? Like, for BLIND PEOPLE?" Yes and I'm pretty sure I'd already told this person.
"[as if talking to a baby or a dog] Oh here, you can go sit down at this bench! [GRABS MY ARM] Here, go sit on this bench! Go sit on the bench!~"

I'm sure these are only the beginning.

"My little pony began in 20011"
This was probably a typo. I don't even follow the show anymore.
I guess I just forget the silly things people tell me. I know I've been told stupid things, but I can't remember them.

So i know this person, not the brightest of people, and he recently got diagnosed with autism(judging from his behaviour I don;t know why that didn't happen 3 years ago). Now he's swearing at people in school and calling them names and stuff. Of course his mother isn't particularly fond of this.
So she tells that person: "[James], it's not very nice to call people a :red:, you wouldn't like it if they said that to you, would you?"
[James]:"No"
[James]'s mom: "Then why do you call other people that?"
[James]:"Because I'm autistic, I'm allowed to do that."
Now it woldn't be such a bad thing if [James] said that to make fun of his diagnosis(Sometimes a little sense for self-deprectaion is nice, as long as you don't do it too often). But [James] actually genuinely thought him having autism could rectify that type of behaiviour.

Back in my middle school days, a Geography teacher was so annoyed at my classmate's inability to answer a simple question that she asked her if she can at LEAST answer where Europe is located on the map (the map itself is a map of Europe) and my classmate just stared at it for whole 2 minutes before someone in the front seat whispered "It's not on this map, it's a town on Mars" and stunningly, she actually said that with a straight face, visibly confident in her answer.

I remember the entire class laughing for a solid couple of minutes while the poor girl cried her eyes out after someone told her what she had done. It still both amuses and depresses me to think about the sheer lack of common sense and general knowledge certain people seem to display and the world I live in, as this can't be an isolated case.

sBLZn2H.jpg

......What?

Last edited:
This isn't strictly isolated to one person, but any time I watch Rage Quit or anything with Michael Jones being the primary commentator in, there's at least five people who post in the Youtube comments 'You curse too much'. For the uninitiated, Michael Jones is most famous for and enjoyed for his curse-laden commentary. The most egregious comment was 'This isn't for kids'. During his Resident Evil: Revelations Full Play.

A blind rail commuter wrote in asking signs with Braille be installed on train stations.

The transport minister at the time replied it couldn't be done because:
"...it would be difficult for an individual with vision impairment to locate them ... especially when travelling in the dark."

Yeah... that quickly went viral. News report on it.

"What's that"-- Friend

"I love war"--Donald Trump

"Call of Duty hasn't gotten to be crap."--Every single 5 year old ever.

one time in social studies we were talking about female rights activists and one of the blondes in our class was like "WHAT ABOUT ANNE FRANK?"

"Toohoo an Undertale ripoff XOOOOO u newbs touhu sux udnertole is butter!!"
-Some of the popular Touhou musics on Youtube's comments, especially Border of Life.

"Toohoo an Undertale ripoff XOOOOO u newbs touhu sux udnertole is butter!!"
-Some of the popular Touhou musics on Youtube's comments, especially Border of Life.
I bet Oneshot will probably also get ripped on by the undertale fandom despite the original coming out 2 years before undertale.

Back
Top Bottom