Console What is the worst thing that was changed in Console 1.3?

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
What thing was changed, be it a game mechanic, console-exclusive content, or enemy/weapon stats was the worst change in 1.3 for consoles?

Personally I miss the "Save Game" button. I would always use it whenever something big happened. Now I have to exit the game if I want to save something. Especially with how buggy the game is now, I've lost tons of valuable items due to the game crashing when I try to exit the world to save.

Last edited by a moderator:
the ui is the most annoying. it is like no one in that studio has any idea on how to make a usable ui interface. Completely ruins the game espesially in spluitscreen. My 10 year old doesnt even want to play it anymore because its too hard to see and use

also furniture items near doors stops them opening. they used to be treated like background objects but now they act like you have placed blocks by the doors.

also the lighting system seems off. i have a whisp in a bottle that only lights the area properly if im moving it around. if its stationary everything is dark

You had to pause to zoom in before as well

Before this update on ps4 you to slide your finger on this button
6E81C71F-9AB7-4793-B1C2-FD3B696BAB4A.jpeg

I’m not sure how you zoomed in on xbox

The UI is just terrible after I defeated the moonlord a few times I gave up it's just to annoying to play the game with anymore.
I'd rather play the Xbox 360 version then the new 1.3 Xbox one/ps4 verson

Yeah, definitely the UI. Here’s a few points of improvement.

(Take notes, mods)

I wish you could change the opacity; it can be hard even to make out which item is which, especially against certain backgrounds. Also, the text underneath items is way too small and again, can be hard to read against certain backgrounds, in front of certain items. Maybe if text appeared on a seperate part of the screen, in larger font?
Also, sometimes text will appear in front of other text. This happens a lot in the crafting section, which can make discerning necessary items, stations, etc. difficult to do, (And the issue with discerning which item is which applies here as well, and in every area of the inventory as well as chests) and it also makes it difficult to tell how long your potions have left, as the text describing the potion’s effects often covers the potion timer (which is already very small and hard to read) itself. Again, just changing the position and font of the description may help here.
Speaking of potions, the symbols under the hotbar can be very hard to make out over certain backgrounds, especially when it’s bright in game, so you really have to enter your inventory just to keep track of potion effects.

Another issue I have is mapping items to the d-pad. This is a small one, but I imagine it’d be easy to fix. As it stands, whenever you exit a world, the items you had mapped to the d-pad become unmapped, meaning every time you load your game you have to re-map everything. As the d-pad is intended to make accessing certain items more easy and fluid, it’d be nice if items stayed mapped consistently, as it becomes a bit of a chore re-mapping every time I enter a world.

Last thing off the top of my head is the inability to save without exiting. Currently there’s a bug where trying to save and exit the game can glitch up somehow, and you lose all progress since your last autosave. With the inability to save without exiting, this means you will often have to wait for the next autosave to alleviate the risk of simply exiting the game. I’m sure this is at the top of the list of bugs to fix, but simply allowing players to save outside of autosave and exiting would be great as well.

Lots of text, here’s a summary of suggestions:
• Make inventory slots more opaque/allow players to adjust opacity. Also, maybe change color relative to the background?
• Make status effects more opaque/allow players to adjust. As above, maybe change color relative to background.
• Change font size and location of tooltips and text to make it easier to read + ensure that text does not overlap.
• Maintain d-pad mapping even when exiting worlds.
• Allow for manual saving.

As many gripes as I have, honestly I think the devs did an amazing job in crafting the UI. It just needs some sharpening up. Fix these things, which hopefully won’t be too difficult, and I think it’ll be great. Thoughts?

Last edited:
the ui is the most annoying. it is like no one in that studio has any idea on how to make a usable ui interface. Completely ruins the game espesially in spluitscreen. My 10 year old doesnt even want to play it anymore because its too hard to see and use
i cant even play split screen because the bottom screen becomes frozen

You had to pause to zoom in before as well
No that’s only Xbox One.
[doublepost=1519433581,1519433502][/doublepost]I don’t like the idea of you needing multiple accounts to play split screen, my friend always logs in as a guest and in 1.2, it worked but now it doesn’t work. I also miss dragon hornets. I’m farming queen bee for money and stingers are so hard to get.
[doublepost=1519433759][/doublepost]`:)`:cool::merchantcool::dryadwink::dryadconfused::D:mad:I :merchanttongue:

No that’s only Xbox One.
[doublepost=1519433581,1519433502][/doublepost]I don’t like the idea of you needing multiple accounts to play split screen, my friend always logs in as a guest and in 1.2, it worked but now it doesn’t work. I also miss dragon hornets. I’m farming queen bee for money and stingers are so hard to get.
[doublepost=1519433759][/doublepost]`:)`:cool::merchantcool::dryadwink::dryadconfused::D:mad:I :merchanttongue:

When I said before. I was talking about before the 1.3 update........And then confirmed I was talking about xbox. If you scroll down and read.

I personally love the UI lol
I Don't Mind The New Interface, Except For Autopause. Freaking Love It.
I miss how easy it used to be to do a local multiplayer, splitscreen game. No idea how to do it now.
I'd Assume The EXACT Same Way Before, Activate The Controller, (Make Sure That It Is Paired!) And Press "X"/"A" (Maybe On The Last One.) Or "OPTIONS"/"START".
also furniture items near doors stops them opening. they used to be treated like background objects but now they act like you have placed blocks by the doors.

also the lighting system seems off. i have a whisp in a bottle that only lights the area properly if im moving it around. if its stationary everything is dark
That First One Irked Me Until I Just Started Using Platforms In Place Of Doors.

I Have Not Noticed The Second Problem Yet, Perhaps It Is A Bug.
The fact that we now have to pause to zoom in, really why is that a thing ? -_-
I Always Used To Accidentally Zoom In Slightly With The Old Zoom, Not A Huge Problem For Others, But I Prefer It Absolutely Maxed Out.

Back
Top Bottom