What is your building style?

Morkovka

Skeletron Prime
What is your building style?

Mine would be... umm something like this
Capture 2015-10-17 17_10_37.png

Or this
Capture 2015-10-17 17_05_32.png

I like building scattered shaped buildings with towers dotted about. Kind of like a massive town with a castle looming in the distance. Nothing too large scaled, though.

My building style is pretty much my own, but I guess one way to describe it would depend on the terrain I work with initially with each world.

Pictures do say a bit more, but this is only in part of what I do with the materials I have:
F84E647E965D07B03E268510A4EE8F75D165C372

9AB4E15ED81B12FA90FC53A8E4DF464CDF8F5B89

F1D11EBDAE19C17A937456CB17F1617FD000E759

I general build with structure and pseudo function, as well sometimes serving a function. I say pseudo due to I imagine what the structure is for functionally; whether it is NPC themed, or generally themed for a purpose in the world I want to create. Not always with function according to the game mechanics, but more like making a kingdom with a visual function sometimes. I look at a lot of architecture throughout the world, even though mainly in pics. So I sometimes even attempt styles around the world, but add my own twist on it.

The main thing that encompass my style is Trial & Error. See if this looks good with that, and vise versa through out the many materials out there. :dryadsmile:

My building style depends of the style of building I want.
I have two main types:
High-tech building:
GCeAOsp.png

(My main 1.2 base) this style tends to be a primary of black (usually grey bricks pained black) with some sort of stand-out secondary, with gemspark walls for lighting. This is how I did high-tech in 1.2 (have yet to try in 1.3)
Wooden building:

hmfRlg3.png

(gave up cropping half-way through. Again, from 1.2) I generally use a variety of woods, painted brown. Usually a modular design with plenty of windows.

I always have a giant sandstone skyscraper with all my NPCs in it in the center of my main world, and maybe a little starter hut next to it.
image.png

I tend to build something based on the enviroment rather than based on my character. Other than that i just sometimes build whatever.

I always make my houses themed. One time I did a Medieval house, I did a "1.3" themed house (I essentially put together all the new stuff from 1.3 into one house) I built a giant tree, then a marble wizard's tower, and finally in my most current world I made a ginormous wooden dr. seuss style building, like a mega starting hut.

I'm usually lazy and lack motivation to build really cool houses.

But when I do [which is never], I just go insane. Usually I make a special house for special NPCS such as Truffle and maybe Santa. I should try and build a large tower or a house in the side of a mountain.

I just build what I need at the moment. I have had plans for a castle with everything in it from 1.3/Mods but I just haven't had the time to do so.

A lot of my buildings are more along the lines of being quickly done and not very creative. I've kinda always been like that as a kid. I have to put effort into something to give it style otherwise it's just a bunch of cubes stacked on each other similar to how the vault dwellers are in that iOS game. I hope to branch out more though and get more creative with my builds :V

Capture 2015-11-30 16_42_48.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom