Hot Topic What is your favorite Weapon?

Melee: Vamp Knives or the Influx Waver (Death sickle is very close though)
Ranged: Megashark hands down, carried me through most of hardmode.
Magic: Don't use a lot of magic so I can't say anything for sure
Summoner: UFO or frost hydra

1. Dart pistol, by far. Crystal darts will solve any invasion!
2. Meowmere is kill.
3. When you optimise for melee speed, yoyos begin acting very strangely. At a point, the Terrarian spergs out of existence the moment you use it. But if you can balance a fine line, it becomes a sweet wallhacking plasma orb gun.

Last edited:
1. C.A.R., it was my signature weapon back in 1.1.
2. Ice rod, cool power and not a half-bad weapon.
3. Night's Edge, mostly because of nostalgia for when it was the best sword.

Melee for serious: Influx Waver. as much as i like the Terra Blade, when this one came out and trumped it in damage while doing basically the same thing, i had a need for it. plus it "arcs/targets" multiple foes. sometimes it wails on one foe. either way it's awesome

Melee for screwing about: Arkhalis. this weapon needs a HM variant, ASAP. i mean it's good in HM as is, with how rediculously fast it swings, but part of me wants something like it but with a bit more range and a little more damage (just under Terra blade, at most). surprisingly good with Solar Flare set, but then again i have my game rigged to let me roll with all 7 accessory slots. it's a weapon worth snagging for the sake of giggles though, and with the right amount of Knockback, the Arkhalis could make a hella effective "Get the hell off me" tool for those who fight at range, while doing enough damage to mow down the weaklings.

Magic: too many to name. though i have a soft spot for the Laser Rifle, Laser Machine Gun, Leaf Blower, (basically any rapid fire magic weapon so long as it can be used underwater)... oh, and the BFG9000 in a spellbook, AKA the Magnet Sphere.

Ranged: never really got attached to Ranged myself. though one time i did use a plugin from TerrariaPatcher to turn the Paintball gun into a bare bones, HM tier Aerospray (of splatoon fame).

Summon: Stardust Cells and Slime Staff.

1) vampire knives or daybreak

2) stack of 5 light disk or turtle armor. Fun to mess around with my inexperienced friends. I've won several battles without doing anything.

3) daybreak or bubblegun

1. C.A.R., it was my signature weapon back in 1.1.
2. Ice rod, cool power and not a half-bad weapon.
3. Night's Edge, mostly because of nostalgia for when it was the best sword.
May I ask what CAR is? I know I'll probably feel stupid after you tell me but I can't figure out what it is :p

1) Most Useful: Probably an Arkhalis. Yep, you read that right. I was lucky enough to get one and actually tried it out before trashing it, saved myself some heartache. I can reach 1k dps in invasions and blood moons, and it just generally carves through anything if I'm semi-afk. Mostly pre-hardmode but I had a great Destroyer fight with it.

2) Most Fun: Torn between Demon Scythe and the Shadowflame Hex Doll. Demon Scythe is fun because it's essentially a magic version of Arkhalis. Protects yourself in a force field and can deal intense melee damage, or lash out for large scale damage at range. The Shadowflame Hex Doll has creepy purple tentacles and inflicts the Shadowflame debuff, which most bosses aren't immune to. I also love Voodoo Dolls and the general intrigue of that mystical occult draws me to the Shadowflame doll.

3) Most Intricate: Medusa Head. I really liked it, it was great for invasions pre-hardmode. A pain to get and not as useful against one on one, but I really had fun with it's ability, especially with the charge-up and the line-of-sight. I only wish it gave the stone debuff, or even a slowness debuff.

1) Most Useful : Eye of Cthulhu Yoyo, its seriously powerful and somewhat easy to get
2) Most Fun : Butchers Chainsaw, sure it has a terrible range, but the sparks effect and the impressive knockback make it a fun weapon
3) Most Intricate : Crimson Bladetongue, only used it once and found it a very useful weapon, especially in early hardmode, unfortunately its a rare catch...

Meele: Arkhalis, Terrarian, Solar Eruption, Fetid Baghnahks (insane damage if you have decent enough defense).
Ranged: Megashark, S.D.M.G. , Snowman Cannon.
Magic: Razorblade Typhoon, Magnet Sphere, Golden Shower.
Summoner: Stardust Dragon, UFO.

Most useful: Laser Machinegun, combined with mana flower and spectre armor(either helm works great depending on the need to heal or not).
Most Fun: Solar Eruption, hits through walls and makes enemies explode AND burn.
Most Intricate: Charged Blaster Cannon, as a fan of games like Super Metroid...

Hmmm, this is pretty hard. I think mine's going to be like this:
1) Last Prism
This combined with the Mana Flower is crazy as heck!

2) Starwrath
I really like derping around, and shooting these stars everywhere.

3) Solar Eruption
I was blewn away, when I first tested it!

Last edited:
Hmmm, this is pretty hard. I think mine's going to be like this:
1) Last Prism
This combined with the Mana Flower is crazy as heck!

2) Starwrath
I really like derping around, and shooting these stars everywhere.

3) Solar Eruption
I was blewn away, when I first tested it!
SDMG is still #1.

1) Phantasm (66% not to consume ammo)+ Luminite Arrows same dps as Tsunami, but tsunami spread is bigger
2) Phantasm. Always. Although sometimes SDMG, not really unique though, just a gun
3) Phan... no I'd al... most intricate? Hellwing Bow because who needs aiming?

1) Most Useful: Razorblade Typhoon, can be obtained early, useful even at end game, and the homing ability is powerful.
2) Most Fun: Sniper Rifle, it's interesting to one-shot a mob.
3) Most Intricate: Maybe Fetid Baghnakhs, its name is complex, and when combined with proper equipments, it's one of the most deadly weapons, but it's also oe of the most risk weapons.

Back
Top Bottom