What was your first encounter with the dungeon guardian like?

What was your first encounter with the dungeon guardian like?

• It totally surprised me. I was actually startled.

Votes: 87 60.0%
  • I wan't expecting it, but it didn't phase me at all when it happened.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I knew about his existence before I got to him myself, so the surprise was ruined for me.

Votes: 45 31.0%

• Total voters
It was the morning of a new school day, and I was taking a dump while playing Terraria. Since my first playthrough of Terraria was on mobile, this was where I discovered the dungeon guardian. For some reason, I talked to the old man at night, and I didn't see the option that said Curse, I thought the old man was just someone that warned you that the upcoming road is dangerous. I dove into the dungeon, when the music started playing. I suddenly got a little creeped out by the song that played, and then came the DG, with his scream and his train of death and destruction. I died, dropped my tablet onto the hard tile floor (it cracked) and unloaded my bowels like never before!

The experience actually bricked my tablet, so only when I got PC terraria did I have a "rematch" with the guardian. The thing is that I still knew nothing about skeletron, so I geared up like CRAZY in an attempt that my new gear will let me kill the guardian. I even ended up with a molten pick, sword, and 1 piece of armor! Then I watched one of Yrimirs videos (the revenge of the fallen terrarians) and I found out about Skeletron, I took him out no problem, and it kind of made my first dungeon spelunk a little less exciting, although I still died a lot because I didn't know that water candles had to be taken out.

And that is my story that I may or may not submit to my english teacher! I made it too damn long lol...
My English teacher would say it doesn't have enough words

I was warned by someone that I use to play a lot with not to go in the dungeon right away. I went lol okay. Ran in there and screamed when I seen a skull fly out and murder me. We laughed and I didn't do that again. Still need to try to get the Bone Key from him...

ill never forget it....... i was new to Terraria and had just started playing. my first survival instinct was to make a mad dash to craft the best armor set available to defend myself. so down into the earth i went. i was just minding my own business. digging away like a little 2D dwarf. totally loaded with loot, and gold, and i had just found a massive Platinum vein that was going to yield enough ore to finish my armor set. as i menacingly finished mining the ore, like a goblin who just stumbled upon a vast treasure, i noticed something strange in the far right side of the screen. GREEN BRICK. i swiftly dug my way to the brick like a moth to the flame. i had found the lowest outside wall of the dungeon. i was like a kid at christmas because i had found something new. just then i heard the cry of the Guardian. like the roaring hounds of hell, he came forth. and he squashed me. I LOST EVERYTHING in the flash of an eye. a little piece of me died that day

I honestly wish I would have watched less videos on Terraria before I played it, bacause I knew of the dungeon guardian beforehand. The first time it ever killed me was when one randomly spawned in the underground... I don't know how it happened.... But it did :eek:

I honestly wish I would have watched less videos on Terraria before I played it, bacause I knew of the dungeon guardian beforehand. The first time it ever killed me was when one randomly spawned in the underground... I don't know how it happened.... But it did :eek:

you maybe have been to close to the dungeon that has happened to me a lot lol

Okay. Heres my story. its pretty damn spooky prepare your :red:
So. I was walking around my first world, (twas only a wee bit after Terraria was released, mate...)

Saw the old man.
:redspin:"SCREW YOU OLD MAN I'M LOOTING YOUR HOUSE"
Then I kindof shat my pants.

My first experience was when I showed one of my friends Terraria when I had it for about a week or 2. He thought the game looked crap and so I gave him a character and world. He found the dungeon and... The rest is history and him going " Holy :red:!" Most accidental troll ever.

Me and my friend were just exploring in our brand new world. There were so many new items, enemies and random things to discover. Then one day we came across this really strange, huge building. We were cautious at first, but after safely getting through one door we started to race down into the depths of the building. Barely a minute later, I was examining a water candle while my friend was exploring deeper and deeper. Suddenly he screamed. I was confused. And then I screamed. And suddenly I was no longer confused.
Instead, I was lying on the ground shaking like a leaf.

A little about me I don't make noise when I am startled by something. I just.. break? for lack of a better word. For a few seconds. Normally.

But I when I saw the dungeon I thought. Hey new place to explore. So I actually hurled myself down the little hole and all of a sudden RAWRRAWRBLARGHRAWR *one hit kill*

It took me a few minutes for me to actually recover because people started assuming I went afk because I didn't respond.

I freaked out the first time it happened to me. Made sure that when I introduced my sister to Terraria, that I had her go first down the dungeon because I wanted to "check" all the books for a Water Bolt, and that she can go on ahead and I would catch up. Watching her freak out was hilarious!

I almost crapped my pants when I heard and saw it cause at the time I hadn't seen any of the bosses yet and I had the audio cranked to full so I could hear everything that was going on and then suddenly "Muwahahaha!" and he came out of nowhere and killed me dead. I was like "Wtf! Almost needed a new pair of boxers there." Since then I was like alright gonna try again, died again after a long while i looked it up and was like OOOOOOOOOH thaaaaats why he kills me so much.

My first encounter with the guardian was sometime in 1.1 or possibly earlier. Back when "being in the dungeon" was only determined by being underground in front of any natural wall, with x number of dungeon bricks around.

I had read about the dungeon guardian beforehand, so I knew to avoid the dungeon. But what I didn't know was that my world's Corruption tunnel led right up to the dungeon. So I got annihilated by the guardian for going after a shadow orb.

This kind of thing is why I despise "kill gates".

Well it was day time; and I clicked the old man and he went on about how I couldn't enter the building until his curse was removed. I thought that was odd and caused my curiosity to be rocketed into space... so I took a peek. Went down, and down and down, fought some monsters. Nothing happened though, I had free reign over the dungeon for some reason. Not sure what happened, was back in 1.1.1 During the Christmas update. Not sure what the hell happened to this day. Got a bunch of loot I shouldn't have had and got out of there. Now, the next day I come on Terraria and ignore the old man the second time, go down there and a giant flying skull (Which was a white blur to me at the time) cuts me in half. I was like AH WTF and then I went back to the dungeon, got my money and high tailed it. Because of that experience I didn't even beat skeletron until I was in hardmode. <_> Then I realized what the skull was later when I had more common sense. Still had the crap scared out of me.

I've never actually seen it, I knew about it beforehand and am to cowardly to go to far down into the dungeon before fighting Skeletron.

me. my Brother and his friend played together. Decided to Check out the Dungon. I was to Afraid to go. I was the only survivor

First encounter with the Dungeon Guardian, huh? Death. Death. Death. Death. Death. Death. Death. Death. Death. Death.

Lots of death.

I knew about it, so I avoided the dungeon at all times until Skeletron died, but my brother had no knowledge of it. He approached the dungeon, and the old man told him he couldn't enter, but the door was wide open. I pretended to be surprised as he walked in, and told him he got lucky and the world must have glitched. My brother was pretty smug for a while, and then he was annihilated by the guardian. Sadly my brother is not one who is startled easily, so he just jumped a bit, and then stared at the screen with a blank expression for a minute or two.

While I sat behind him laughing.

That time was rivaled only by the time my brother and his friend entered hardmode for the first time. Their first night was a full-moon blood moon, and while they were pre-occupied with werewolfs and clowns, they missed the message, "You feel the ground tremble beneath your feet." Halfway through the night, the destroyer showed up, and killed all of their NPCs and both of them in 3 seconds flat. I've never heard my brother or friend scream so loud in my life.

I knew about it ever since the game came out unfortunately. However, on my last playthrough I really wanted to loot a water bolt in the early game. Thanks to some crappy generation, there was no water bolt on the surface levels. At this point, I considered booking it (heh) but I decided to try my luck. I even pulled out my map to try to predict where the cavern layer should roughly start to see how much deeper I can go. After descending at a snail's pace, the guardian appeared and I admit I actually jumped a little.

Let's just say I left the dungeon without a water bolt or my limbs intact.

Back
Top Bottom