What Weapons do you use, and where do you put them in your hotbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham

Skeletron Prime
346ammw.jpg

this one is where i put mine, the bladed glove is just a speed test

I usually have my hot bar as follows

Paladin’s Hammer, Scrouge of the Corruptor, Flairon, Golden Shower (hue hue hue), Vampire knives, Death Sickle, Pick saw, Chloropyte War hammer, and a safe :p

I usually have my hot bar as follows

Paladin’s Hammer, Scrouge of the Corruptor, Flairon, Golden Shower (hue hue hue), Vampire knives, Death Sickle, Pick saw, Chloropyte War hammer, and a safe :p
thanks so much, you have a good order
[DOUBLEPOST=1417813151][/DOUBLEPOST]i have a second good account, but i chose this one, the character's name is ham2, just cause.(not the game):red:

rsf048.jpg

this is my other one, which is on a server that i am a temp mod on,
98.80.107.33:7777

Mines a flippin mess lol, I did have a rainbow rod and bell, but my game decided to delete my cloud save game, with them both in a chest along with 1 hours worth of crap. Queue Epic cry scene :(
Anyways
image.jpg

Reactions: ham
I have razorpine razorblade typhoon and golden shower as magic weapons, but I have a chaingun and a sniper rifle when I decide to swap from magic to ranged. the rest is potions and blocks. my pick and mirror are in my inventory and so is my grapple.

I've had a few characters now and again, but my most recent ones; of which I tried to go for a specific class, are as follows... Went magic once in multiplayer (not listed), then magic again on solo, then melee with friends in multiplayer; then I intend to go summoning with friends in our upcoming 1.3 world, and ranged in my 1.3 solo world.

1.) Melee Weapon/Staff (Spectre, Shadowbeam, etc)
2.) Ranged Weapon (Low on Mana?)
3.) Pickaxe/Axe/Hammer
4.) One of six magics to use at a given time.
5.) Another magic to use at a given time. These two slots were just whatever I felt like at the given moment, Rainbow Gun included.
6.) Empty by default.
7.) Empty by default.
8.) Nimbus Rod
9.) Torches
10.) Potions. (Usually use the H button, but I prefer having a potion counter visible at all times.)

My slots weren't so much themed, as they were just for using magic weapons. There's quite a few in hardmode~.

1.) "Swing" Melee Weapon (Death Sickle, Horseman's Blade)
2.) "Ranged" Weapon (Boomerang-based weapons and the Chain Gun, for confetti bullet fun!)
3.) Pickaxe, Axe and Hammer
4.) Spear and Flail; interchangeable
5.) Vampire Knives, Scourge of the Corruptor
6.) Empty by default.
7.) Empty by default.
8.) Empty by default.
9.) Torches
10.) Health Potions

This is when I really began to care about classes and weapon-slot assignment!

Slot 1: Primary Melee weapon - My last resort when common enemies approach me, regardless of what class I devote myself to. Typically a broadsword of a sort, something easy to use in case things get hairy. At end-game, this is the Terra Blade. Why slot 1 for this? Because I play FPS games on the PC, hitting the #1 key is kind of muscle memory when things get panicky.

Slot 2: My DPS weapon - The weapon I will be using the most. Typically being a Ranger, this would be something like a Megashark/Tactical Shotgun/Tsunami. Early game, this could be anything like a spear. Something harder to use than slot 1, but yields greater benefits.

Slot 3: Weapon #3 - This weapon could be anything from a Piranha Gun to a Paladin's Hammer. Just anything that I fancy using. This slot is most commonly occupied, however, by Vampire Knives.

Slot 4: Support Weapon #1 - A support weapon being something that I don't necessarily use directly, or something that holds a very specific niche. Most commonly the Nimbus Rod.

Slot 5: Support Weapon #2 - Most commonly the Rainbow Gun.

Slot 6: Pickaxe

Slot 7: Hammer/Fishing Rod

Slot 8: Hatchet/Bug Net

Slot 9: Ranges from building materials, to build on-the-go, to a Water Candle or the Staff of the Frost Hydra.

Slot 10: Usually occupied by either the Magic Mirror or a summoning weapon. If available, the Magic Mirror always stays on this slot regardless of whether there are empty ones on the hot-bar.

Slot #3, #4 and #5 are mostly purposed for late-game, so these roles are usually not fulfilled earlier on. If so, slot 6-9 moves up on the hierarchy accordingly. What comes to empty slots afterwards is whatever ends up getting there.

I will note that this is my optimal set-up. It changes a lot during gameplay, but this is the most common way I do it.

dj9V7.jpg

But mostly I only use three weapons when fighting monsters.
I use Terra Blade for a long distance, Paladin's Hammer for killing a bunch of enemies in close range(love the boomerang attack) and Vampire Knives mostly I use when facing boss or when I'm in low HP.

My primary character (Pumpkin Moon & Fishron defeated) has the following setup (most of the time):
1. Horseman's Blade.
2. Picksaw.
3. Molten Hamaxe. I never felt the need to upgrade it once i got to Hardmode.
4. Rod of Discord.
5. Rainbow Gun. Because rainbows are awesome.
6. Razorblade Typhoon.
7. Flairon.
8. Vampire Knives.
9. Multipurpose. Usually holds fishing rods, paintbrushes, torches, etc. Currently holds a bug net.
10. Optic Staff. I know that the Tempest Staff has a higher base damage, but I like the combination of ranged and melee.

In the first, second, and third slots below the hotbar is my Magic Mirror, Spooky Hook, and Greater Healing Potions, respectively. In the last slot there is a safe. In the safe there is a Wisp in a Bottle and a Piggy Bank. The rest of my inventory I fill up with whatever I want.

My secondary character (Skeletron defeated) has the following setup (at least for now):
1. Light's Bane.
2. Nightmare Pickaxe
3. War Axe of the Night
4. Wooden Hammer
5. Silver Bow.
6. Enchanted Boomerang.
7. Diamond Staff.
8. Thorn Chakram.
9. Water Bolt.
10. Torches.

In the first, second, and third slots below the hotbar is my Magic Mirror, Ruby Hook, and Healing Potions, respectively. In the last slot there is a Piggy Bank.

from left to right:main DPS weapon,more weapons(up to 5 weapons total,based on class),random items,(waster gun,hook,pet etc.) hammer,axe,pickaxe.

changes from time to time but i always have tools on right and weapons on left. just the way i like it.

1- North Pole/Gungnir/Dark Lance, depending on whether I'm building/messing around or actually want a good fight.
2- Picksaw.
3- Pwnhammer.
4- Paladin's Hammer.
5- Greater Healing potions.
6- A grappling hook of some sort. Mostly using the web shooter nowadays.
7- Empty, reserved for building blocks.
8- Empty, reserved for building blocks.
9- Torches.
10- Magic Mirror.

Yes, I do know about hotkeys and shift-clicking. I find it much faster to just "link" everything to one single hotkey - the mouse's wheel.

(Any Melee Weapon)(General Tools)(Primary Weapon)(Other Stuff/Empty Space)(Magic Mirror)
I usually have many weapons at once. My primary weapon is often a ranged one, like the MS or CAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom