PC What World Size do you use? Why?

World Size?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapz224

Eye of Cthulhu
I'll put some of the best comments for each world size up in this post.

I'm a big man who likes tryin' to work with tight spaces if y'know wha'a'msayin'.

Large. Because I appear to be psychologically incapable of rolling anything else in every game I play. You're looking at Captain Gigantic Marathon for Civ 5 here.

I usually do Medium.

Smalls have messed up worldgen usually, and Large worlds take too long to traverse if I'm doing a new character (which I usually do, new character + new world for a new playthrough), especially when I am wanting to go to the Dungeon, Jungle, or Ocean.

Later in Hardmode, Teleporters relieve a lot of the pain of travel, but until then it just takes too long to get from Point A to Point B.

One of these days I'll try a large world though, perhaps take care to make it a good "main" world for all my stuff mebbe. I'll take a hardmode character there, and set it all up nicely, with farms and everything else maybe. Someday. lol.

Large so when I make an underground highway from one end of the world to the other with frozen slime blocks it's twice as ridiculous.

I mostly go medium.

Small is juat too small for me - I can accidentally reach Hell without even trying to build a hellevator xD Also I almost never replant trees so I can run out of wood fairly quickly and have to create a seperate world for that.

On the other hand, Large is just too large. Going to the Dungeon, Ocean, Jungle or down to the Underworld is such a pain. Although, I might try out a Large world at some point, cause it might encorage me to build skybridges, rollercoasters etc. so that could be fun.

Large. Because I just love big Hellavators.

Large. By the time I'm ready to kill Plantera in a new playtrough, I'll have explored roughly a quarter of that world. Which means that a small world would be almost fully explored by then.

Large. Makes the world a bit more realistic.

Medium, it's perfect world that most humanity will survive.

Last edited:
It depends. Generally, I go for a Large world, because I experience the greatest variety of things, have more space to explore (especially the Dungeon and Lihazard Temple), and have more room to build. If I'm in more of a hurry, I go with a Small world because travel is so much faster.

I prefer large worlds because there is less of a need to go to other worlds to get certain rare items (flower boots, water walking boots) While it does make travel trivial, in 1.3 with the mine cart track changes (including the mechanical cart) make this less of a problem.

Large for a main world, Medium for when I'm just using that world to get stuff I can't get on my main world.

Large. Because I appear to be psychologically incapable of rolling anything else in every game I play. You're looking at Captain Gigantic Marathon for Civ 5 here.

I usually do Medium.

Smalls have messed up worldgen usually, and Large worlds take too long to traverse if I'm doing a new character (which I usually do, new character + new world for a new playthrough), especially when I am wanting to go to the Dungeon, Jungle, or Ocean.

Later in Hardmode, Teleporters relieve a lot of the pain of travel, but until then it just takes too long to get from Point A to Point B.

One of these days I'll try a large world though, perhaps take care to make it a good "main" world for all my stuff mebbe. I'll take a hardmode character there, and set it all up nicely, with farms and everything else maybe. Someday. lol.

I mostly use Medium worlds, because everything is laid out pretty well (smaller chance of getting a crimjungle or corrupt jungle).
It takes long to explore, and the underground layers are big, so it takes a bit longer to make progress.
But the plus side is, that the worldgen isn't as bad. And there is much more to the underground biomes.

Medium, since small worlds have dangerous biomes, like desert, snow, corruption etc. closer to the spawn, meaning you will not be able to go very far (especially in expert mode), and large worlds will make the travel to places very long and time-consuming. Medium worlds have atleast 3 chests in the "safe area" and since I don't build a lot, then there is no need for more space for buildings.

Large world, since I love dem lootz ;)
Also I usually play with at least one other person (mostly my b[r]other) unless I'm doing some sort of challenge run, in which case I do a small map

Added to main post from the above:
I'm a big man who likes tryin' to work with tight spaces if y'know wha'a'msayin'.

I usually do Medium.

I always play on a small world... it has everything the others do, it's just more compact... takes up less space... runs faster... easier to dissect into sections to keep the corruption/crimson/hallow from spreading anywhere... :)

Large. More to loot, more to explore, more to adventure, what's not to love? I've never played any smaller then Large on a true playthrough, so I don't feel like I'm missing out with the traveling time :p

Large world, have never done smaller.
I want the maximum stuff I can because I'm a treasure hunter.
Plus worldgen :red: up sometimes really hilariously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom