What's Your Favorite Class and Why?

What's Your Favorite Class?

• Melee

• Ranged

• Mage

• Summoner

• Miscellaneous (Throwing, Building, Mining, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melee. Probably because I like taking damage. I like tanking and pushing the limits.

Also, probably because I like brute force and taking mobs head on in general. I like the challenge. In any game, I like to pile up loads of enemies and then ram my weapons down their throats.

However, I like playing all classes. But if someone had a gun to my head and made me pick just one it would be Melee.

Mage, most likely. I've played around with a different character for every class build (and the occasional mixed build), but my very first character ended up a mage because of the sheer utility it provides. It's as solid as any class in the early game, remains solid throughout the entire game, and picks up even more steam near the end. In particular, I've found it peaks at the very beginning and end - the former with the Gem Staves, Waterbolt (if you got lucky), and especially Space Gun, and the latter with the Spectre and Nebula armour sets.

Nebula armour in particular deserves some attention. I personally consider it the single best endgame armour set with incredible durability (life nebula), incredible freedom of attack (mana nebula), and incredible damage output (the already powerful Nebula Pillar/Moon Lord spells plus damage nebula). This isn't even getting into the magic weapons themselves like Space Gun, Demon Scythe, Nettle Burst, Razorblade Typhoon, Last Prism... the list goes on.

A very close second would be melee, which is itself quickly followed by summoner - but both only in the very late stages of the game, and both mainly because of the phenomenal Valhalla Knight armour pieces. When it comes down to it, magic will always be my weapon of choice.

Melee. I might be biased here, since I have more knowledge in Melee, Ranged, and somewhat in Summoner, but I never use a mage weapon after I get to hard mode.

Mage and Summoner - former because of the buffs from the Spectre suit and Nebula armor, latter because I love having a platoon of minions following me in tow(and being able to resummon them through walls!).

My favourite class is mage, because it was the first one I ever played and because I love the last two armor sets, since they are amazingly useful when playing with others.
Another reason would be that many weapons are almost impossible to miss with or even homing, so I can focus more on dodging and surviving rather than aiming.
Last reason is a bit lame: The weapons are just very pretty to look at. You're basically a one-man-lightshow.

Mage is my favorite as it provides a lot of utility and I really like the uniqueness of each weapon that the class has to offer.

By the way. Who didn't love to run around playing god when the spectre set was still OP?

With the way I play, melee. All other classes are to squishy for me.

Can be a pain sometimes though. Bosses are annoying (though with boomerangs they arent impossible like they would be without them...seriously, imagine killing spaptazm without a boomerang, lol)

Ranged. I've used ranged the most, even when I started playing.

I like it because of how some ammo is op (Star Cannon, etc.). Some I like because of the pierce.

Mage and Ranged.

Mage because of its extreme versatility, diversity in weapon choice, being somewhat of a challenge to monitor health and mana, and towards the endgame, (especially in co-op), the ability to deal ludicrous amounts of damage and heal/buff your allies consistency is the best feeling in the entire goddamn world.

Ranged because I laugh like a maniac seeing hundreds of my projectiles make contact with my enemies, tearing them to shreds. Also a relatively easy class to play with very good DPS and reasonable defense.

I like throwing, as you have to constantly grind. and in modded fight bosses for more ammo, also I feel really badass throwing spears and knives at enemies.

Mix of Summoner and Melee Tank
Summoner because it's fun having an army of minions at your disposal and melee tank because while my army is fighting i need to protect myself

Other than that i also use a few mage and ranged weapons

I kinda prefer mage, maybe melee with certain weapons but the thing is that melee has so much weapons it's not that fun as for example mage. Some weapons also are strong even without the needed gear compared to the other classes.

Mage however is quite fun to play. With good enough gear it can be super strong and it has quite varied weapons. The set bonuses or buffs are also nice. The only disadvantage is managing mana but with a good strategy it's not much of a problem.

When I play the game, I usually have a mix of melee and mage or only mage. Rarely I do only melee or only ranger.

playing as a builder/miner is the worst (and my favorite thing ever) I play with my friends a lot, they always make me do the mining, so I get miners armor and never participate in the boss fights I just kind of watch

Where is my Ranged love ;-;

But yeah, ranged is my favorite. I've probably done 40% of my playthroufhs as a ranger, ultimately because no matter how underpowered you are, you can use strategy to your advantage in almost any situation (with the exception of bosses). As I typically take the strategic route in games, it fits my preferred playstyle perfectly.

Summoner

It's fun to sit back and watch all your enemies die by your minions, also it's really useful when building and you don't have to deal with random enemies attacking. Although a very difficult start it gets way easier as you progress.

Anti-class. No 2 weapons or armor of the same relative set or damage type affiliation. Maybe even different tiers, too.

Maybe there could be a mod to give fun set bonuses for this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom