1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section

What's Your Favorite Class and Why?

Discussion in 'The Crossroads: General Cross-Platform Talk' started by HunkySenpai, May 22, 2017.

?

What's Your Favorite Class?

1. Melee

2. Ranged

3. Mage

4. Summoner

5. Miscellaneous (Throwing, Building, Mining, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HunkySenpai

HunkySenpai Skeletron

Let me know why the class is your favorite by replying! :happy:

Chuggs Gaming likes this.
  2. The Eye of Horus

The Eye of Horus The Destroyer

Ranged! Nothing quite like shooting a Minishark at your enemies until they die. (Followed by the Megashark, then the S.D.M.G.)

HunkySenpai likes this.
  3. Chuggs Gaming

Chuggs Gaming Terrarian

Melee. Probably because I like taking damage. I like tanking and pushing the limits.

Also, probably because I like brute force and taking mobs head on in general. I like the challenge. In any game, I like to pile up loads of enemies and then ram my weapons down their throats.

However, I like playing all classes. But if someone had a gun to my head and made me pick just one it would be Melee.

Fudjijama and HunkySenpai like this.
  4. Terry N. Muse

Terry N. Muse Terrarian

Mage, most likely. I've played around with a different character for every class build (and the occasional mixed build), but my very first character ended up a mage because of the sheer utility it provides. It's as solid as any class in the early game, remains solid throughout the entire game, and picks up even more steam near the end. In particular, I've found it peaks at the very beginning and end - the former with the Gem Staves, Waterbolt (if you got lucky), and especially Space Gun, and the latter with the Spectre and Nebula armour sets.

Nebula armour in particular deserves some attention. I personally consider it the single best endgame armour set with incredible durability (life nebula), incredible freedom of attack (mana nebula), and incredible damage output (the already powerful Nebula Pillar/Moon Lord spells plus damage nebula). This isn't even getting into the magic weapons themselves like Space Gun, Demon Scythe, Nettle Burst, Razorblade Typhoon, Last Prism... the list goes on.

A very close second would be melee, which is itself quickly followed by summoner - but both only in the very late stages of the game, and both mainly because of the phenomenal Valhalla Knight armour pieces. When it comes down to it, magic will always be my weapon of choice.

5. WingedOracle

WingedOracle Eye of Cthulhu

Melee. I might be biased here, since I have more knowledge in Melee, Ranged, and somewhat in Summoner, but I never use a mage weapon after I get to hard mode.

HunkySenpai likes this.
  6. AbstractLime

AbstractLime Terrarian

I prefer Mage because 1: wizards are cool and 2: every different item is another attack that can be drastically different from others.

HunkySenpai likes this.
  7. Mage and Summoner - former because of the buffs from the Spectre suit and Nebula armor, latter because I love having a platoon of minions following me in tow(and being able to resummon them through walls!).

HunkySenpai likes this.
  8. Fudjijama

Fudjijama Spazmatism

My favourite class is mage, because it was the first one I ever played and because I love the last two armor sets, since they are amazingly useful when playing with others.
    Another reason would be that many weapons are almost impossible to miss with or even homing, so I can focus more on dodging and surviving rather than aiming.
    Last reason is a bit lame: The weapons are just very pretty to look at. You're basically a one-man-lightshow.

9. ratchetNL

ratchetNL Terrarian

Mage is my favorite as it provides a lot of utility and I really like the uniqueness of each weapon that the class has to offer.

By the way. Who didn't love to run around playing god when the spectre set was still OP?

10. N1NJ4W4RR10R

N1NJ4W4RR10R Terrarian

With the way I play, melee. All other classes are to squishy for me.

Can be a pain sometimes though. Bosses are annoying (though with boomerangs they arent impossible like they would be without them...seriously, imagine killing spaptazm without a boomerang, lol)

11. Hypalaser

Hypalaser Terrarian

Ranged. I've used ranged the most, even when I started playing.

I like it because of how some ammo is op (Star Cannon, etc.). Some I like because of the pierce.