What's your idea for a new minor class?

"Trapper" - can place temporary structures and items dealing "Trap Damage", (Stronger variations of spikes or dart traps, for example) which dissapear after a certain amount of times triggered.

Those can't be wired and trigger automatically, if mobs are in a traps reach.

Probably more difficult to program and will most likely not be a thing, but it's funny to theorycraft these sort of things for some reason.

with a bit or reworking I could see a hybrid set based on that perhaps killing enemies with magic damage summons a spectral variant of that enemy that gets added as a minion temporarily? And maybe the minions could mana steal or something. I certainly see something there.
A third spectre set? Or something new? Maybe as an accessory?

A third spectre set? Or something new? Maybe as an accessory?
hmm I see it as more of a hybrid thing I have had the idea of a suggestion for a post plantera hybrid set before though I've kind of shifted up to lunar. (For instance the armor for mage/melee I mentioned would be a mix of solar and nebula fragments and luminite bars and the player would build and try and maintain nebular and solar essences that would provide the respective buffs. I'd post a suggestion on it but I don't have an idea for every hybrid combination which has held it back.
If its going to be the pre 1.3 version the thought was a mix of spooky wood and I guess now spectre bars(was just ectoplasm). An effect like this I couldn't see as a mere accessory soi would say a full set bonus. I had also thought up a spooky sword, spooky bow and spooky staff that were weapons of their respective classes that applied a debuff on enemies that would make that players minions prioritize that target giving summoners more control but that was dropped because I had heard they were giving summoners more control(though that clearly was not the case). To be honest I am often too lazy to finish suggestions I have had a bunch of drafts sitting around... hahaha...

Melee => Brawler (Fist weapons)
Mage => Alchemist/Plague doctor (Bird masks and thrown non-ammo-consuming potions e.g. Plague Knight)
Summoner => Final Fantasy style summoner (Powerful single attack summons)

Well, first off I think thrower should be completed. It could take some stuff from melee such as light discs, boomarangs, shadowflame knife, daybreak, and more.

But one entirely new class I thought up is elementist. It is similar to mage but deals elemental damage and uses large area of effect weapons such as this: Sun Element Stone; use to set every enemy within a large radius on a extreme blaze.

I would also like to see a demolitionist class. It would take grenades, beenades, bombs, dynamite, rocket launchers, proximity mine launchers, grenade launchers, take shroomite rocket set, plus add more weapons and armor.

Lastly, taking from an earlier comment, I would like to see more trap based stuff. However, I do not think this stuff should have its own class, but rather have traps designed for each of the four main classes plus the three I mentioned. Either that or it would be class neutral, meaning the traps would just deal regular damage or trap damage.

Hopefully this thread helped someone, inspired a modmaker, or inapired the devs. I might actually make a mod centered around the elementist thing I mentioned. I just realised I practically just wrote an essay, Lol.

i would LOVE if the throwing class was a full class, all re-logic would have to do was convert melee weapons like the daybreak into throwing, and add a couple armor sets.

Back
Top Bottom