What's your idea for a new minor class?

Xakk

Eye of Cthulhu
With summoners now split off from magic users, and throwing weapons distinct from range, what would you make into a new class of weapons, with a couple new armors to back it up? Make it something unique, distinct from what we already have, the way summons are different from anything else.

Phew, thats a hard one, since all the bases are covered already.
But a nice alternate play class could be something like a Steampunker who uses mainly the rocket launcher or similar weapons as main means of attack and who can also build temp turrets to fortify an area.

Another idea might be a Brawler melee class who uses highspeed attacks at point blank range(think Arkhalis) and who uses dash attacks and can avoid some damage(like u get from master ninja gear) coupled with very high movement speed.(like built in rocket boots)

These are just some random ideas that popped in my head so i'm not entirely sure they are even viable for a fluid game as Terraria.

I don't think that there should be any "minor" classes unless they have their own armor/accessories throughout the whole game. Summoner is fine because it does have armor and accessories up until endgame.

Phew, thats a hard one, since all the bases are covered already.
But a nice alternate play class could be something like a Steampunker who uses mainly the rocket launcher or similar weapons as main means of attack and who can also build temp turrets to fortify an area.

Another idea might be a Brawler melee class who uses highspeed attacks at point blank range(think Arkhalis) and who uses dash attacks and can avoid some damage(like u get from master ninja gear) coupled with very high movement speed.(like built in rocket boots)

These are just some random ideas that popped in my head so i'm not entirely sure they are even viable for a fluid game as Terraria.
The problem is that rocket launchers would just fall into the ranged category and the temporary turrets would act similar to summoned 'turrets' like the Frost Hydra. The alternative melee you suggest is still just melee.

I don't think there are a lot of options left to be honest. Like you said yourself, the bases are covered.
Probably the only thing left is throwing, which is severely lacking options right now, just as summoning was when it was introduced.
Apart from the stacked throwing weapons, boomerangs, yoyos and thrown spears like the North Pole and Daybreak could also be moved to this category.

Well, It would have to be a subclass of ranged (Throwing is a Subclass of Melee due to Throwing evolving into melee in Hardmode with the Shadowflame Knives and Daybreak), So I would like to see some sort of Defense-Oriented class that focuses on staying away from damage and letting other things do the damage for it.

I think what we have now is perfect:
Melee (spear, sword, flail, yoyo, knife-like, boomerang)
Ranged (Rocket, arrow, gun, throwing)
Magic (if I provide what types we'll be here all day, summon)

But if we were to have one, maybe something that controls enemies? Maybe beastmaster?

I was going to say unarmed with the throwing-self-around deal such as already described, since Melee is the only one left that needs a knockoff, but it is a lot similar to Melee. Then I remembered a little-mentioned item I saw show up late into hardmode - the land mine. Sold by the Demolitionist, they do tonnes of damage without having to be aimed, just placed. That's a whole different style of attack from anything else we have - Trap attacks. With bonuses to things like detection and damage radius, ability to place on ceilings or walls, and distance away you can travel.

The Tinkerer- USE TRAPS ONLY!
Oh yeah, use anything you get from goblin invasions as well.

Aka summoner.
Well, I meant a less mobile slow defensive class. The summoner is nothing like that. I would want some sort of class that focuses on summoning but can't use other classes weapons to any large effect to make sure focus is on the minions.

Alchemists.

They could wear armor that improves the buffs of potions (somehow) or provides a set of potion effects that are always-on.

As far as weaponry goes, we've already got the Toxic Flask (currently Magic)--why not other craftable potions that can be thrown, even if consumable?

I want to say healer/buff-bestower (cleric, physician, whatever). There's a nod or two in this direction already. The problem is a healer would be useful only in multiplayer so it's probably not worth the trouble to implement.

I want to say healer/buff-bestower (cleric, physician, whatever). There's a nod or two in this direction already. The problem is a healer would be useful only in multiplayer so it's probably not worth the trouble to implement.
That'd be very nice. I always loved using the spectre armour's healing to heal up my friends during events... until the nerf.
I wouldn't mind some more multiplayer-based items to motivate people into working together. :)

Alchemists.

They could wear armor that improves the buffs of potions (somehow) or provides a set of potion effects that are always-on.

As far as weaponry goes, we've already got the Toxic Flask (currently Magic)--why not other craftable potions that can be thrown, even if consumable?
That would just be throwing. Improving potion effects seems more a buff or accessory type area. Remember when it comes to classes, of which Terraria has none technically, weapons lead, and armor/accessories follow.

That'd be very nice. I always loved using the spectre armour's healing to heal up my friends during events... until the nerf.
I wouldn't mind some more multiplayer-based items to motivate people into working together. :)
Maybe I underestimated the appeal of the idea. Righty then, I revoke the disclaimer. :dryadsmile:

All classes covered? If you consider Bee being a class then there's infinite potential. Armour doesn't equate to class alone in the early to mid game.

I want a bunny class. Bunny sword, bunny club, bunny bow, bunny summon staff, bunny magic weapon, bunny armour (higher jump, less fall damage, flat damage bonus to bunny weapons).

Bunae.

Back
Top Bottom