Whats your most despised enemy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it would have to be the newly added Nebula Floater's. I have absolutely no problems with anything else in the game, I find Moon Lord to be a cuddly little kitten compared to this beast.
The fact that he floats around anyway, shoots lasers at a decently fast rate with a good velocity which are shot not from the center of his sprite but rather his little eye minions around him makes it hard to predict the lasers path and to top all that off he teleports either at weird times for no apparent reason or in perfect time to dodge your attacks. Two of these usually always drop me from 500 hp down to 100 and I just cannot figure their AI.

A honorable mention would be Armored Skeletons early hardmode because of that nasty Broken Armor debuff that lasts for good 5 minutes.

How about yours, feel free to even make a list if you feel that motivated :joy:

Nebula Floaters and the Moon Lord. I can easily kill all the pillars besides the stupid Nebula Pillar (solar is probably the easiest in my opinion), but the Nebula monsters are annoying. And the Moon Lord himself, I struggle against him with Solar Flare armor.

Nebula floaters, Brain Sucklers, and Crawltipedes. Those things are vicious, and being a high mobility kind of player, annoying.

Nebula Floaters for sure! Then the little dudes that run fast on the ground with the brain suckers, don't remember their name. I'm playing expert ranged so when I'm up flying through the air shooting, the little bastards are so fast they are RIGHT there where I'm going to land, :red:s!

Break LOS. A dirt box will force them to try and come straight at you. If you've got a wallhack weapon(like vilethorn, death sickle, etc) then you should be able to just hit them and force them to teleport away and try again. Done correctly it's possible to go the entire tower without taking damage, although I've never personally done a perfect run. A few will get you, but(at least for me) not enough to kill me or require more then a single health potion.

BATS CAN DIE! Oh, and crawltipedes.

If anything, it has to be those nasty Crawltipedes. I can go through the entire game, barely dying to any of the enemies, minibosses, bosses, or events, but as soon as a Crawltipede shows up, I'm nearly screwed.

CRAWLTIPEDE.

Definitely those dang Crawltipedes! When i'm fighting the solar pillar they always ruin the fun!

Crawltipedes are beaten by staying on the ground. This can be done with a floating block. Any grapple, jump, wings, or mount not immediately touching the ground is 'fair game' for them. They wont touch you otherwise unless you're unlucky to be in the path when they spawn. If you must be flying, do it in very short stents, or be capable of going much much faster then them. Vortex booster(?) may be capable of this. Mechanical minecart can, however it's acceleration eaves much to be desired.

A tie between the new big mimics, and the... Selenians? Basically, anything that reflects projectiles honestly. Taking 450 from my own Lunar Flare is painful.
Yes, :red: them. Cheep trick, and no other mob deflects. It pretty much throws the ranger class out the window. You CAN do it as ranger, but :red: you for trying.

I have several, but my most hated enemy are the diabolists, since they appeared, but in expert mode they're totally @"#$%&!, they spawn in a room you can't reach, they shoot fire missiles through blocks and if you hit them they teleport away from you, I hate them with all my black heart.

also I don't like bats, granite elementals (pre-hardmode they're annoying) and everything that shoots lasers but I forgive them...

Well, I have been playing the 1.3 update for about 180 hours, and I find several mobs "annoying" (IE Nebula floaters, crawltipedes ect), but only one p*sses me off: The lava slimes in expert mode. Seriously, I am getting tired of flooding my hellbridge with lava. Just delete them, thnx.

Haven't played post-update hardmode yet but going by how loudly I will screech, "BEES BEEEEEEEEEEES F****ING BEES F****CKING ME UPSIDE DOWN" whenever I go into the underground jungle I'm going to go ahead and say hornets.

They're not even that bad but when you get effed around them, you are properly effed. Or I'm just terrible at the game, which is likely.

Let's see, which are worth to mention:

Medusa, Hoplites, bats (expert mode), Diabolists, Ragged Casters, Gastropods, Evolution Beast, Nebula floaters, tortoises.

and obviously, these may not be forgotten.

FRIGGING HERPLINGS!!!

Well, I have been playing the 1.3 update for about 180 hours, and I find several mobs "annoying" (IE Nebula floaters, crawltipedes ect), but only one p*sses me off: The lava slimes in expert mode. Seriously, I am getting tired of flooding my hellbridge with lava. Just delete them, thnx.
Walk across your bridge and occasionally mine out a single block. These holes won't impede your movement, but they will make the lava pour out as soon as it is spawned.

EDIT: Also, :red: those Nebula Floaters to hell.

Medusa.

:red:ing Medusa.

I hate this thing. It's the worst enemy I've ever had to deal with, and in some ways they are literally broken because of how easily they can kill you. This enemy has an attack that's near impossible to dodge unless you look away, and this attack leaves you completely helpless for 3 seconds and as if that wasn't enough, while you're helpless to move your about 100 times more vulnerable to fall damage. If Medusa gets you when your feet aren't on the ground, you are dead, and no wings or armor or grappling hook or accessory is going to save you.

And despite the fact that Medusa can be more deadly than nearly every other enemy in the game, I don't even die to it that much. When I do get killed by this thing though, it's the most frustrating, unfair BS I've ever dealt with in a video game, and it takes a lot of willpower to keep playing after that. Even though I play on softcore, it hurts when this thing kills me because it was almost always in a situation where I had absolutely no chance to react or defend myself. Most of the things added in 1.3 were pretty awesome, but Medusa is definitely not one of those things. This enemy is just punishing, and you have to put up with it throughout the entire game, from the moment you set foot underground.

//rant over

:red:ing goddamn crawiltipedes. Ugh, screw them. They must have a problem with my UFO. It also took me a big amount of time until I figure out to shoot their tails, since I had to play without any internet.
I've never had any problems with Nebula Floaters though, what's the problem with those? (I'm using a crapton of damage accessories + sniper rifle, so I mostly 1 or 2 shot them). Their attacks are easy to dodge, imo, on normal mode at least.

Bats. Especially Hellbats. Every time I try to build a platform for WoF, one of these guys comes. I kill it, place like 5 blocks, AND ANOTHER ONE COMES, and so on, so on.
Sometimes, they also gang up on me.. (1v5 Is not fun. Trust me.)

Medusa.

Medusa.

This enemy has an attack that's near impossible to dodge unless you look away, and this attack leaves you completely helpless for 3 seconds and as if that wasn't enough, while you're helpless to move your about 100 times more vulnerable to fall damage. If Medusa gets you when your feet aren't on the ground, you are dead, and no wings or armor or grappling hook or accessory is going to save you.
//rant over
Falling damage from medusa can be negated using featherfall potions.

The enemy I hate the most must be Turtles and expert hoplites. They deal like 80 damage in one hit.
Also, I don't like bats.

Jungle Bats before I have decent armor (and/or knockback immunity).

Diabolists make the cut even though I rarely see them.

(Oh, and to that guy who killed 650 dark mummies for a blindfold? It took me in excess of 700 dark mummies. I feel you pain.)

It used to be flying fish. They don't drop anything useful, they don't even damage you properly. They're just there to utterly annoy you when you're building something, farming plants and whatnot.

Buuut... I'm happily changing that to that gawdawful Selenian. His 'bullet' charge is absolutely ridiculous and downright frustrating in expert mode.

- Crawltipedes: they are avoidable when you're sitting on the ground, but when you're overwhelmed by enemies at the ground, jumping is deadly and this thing can even 1-2-hit you in Expert Mode.
- Medusa: always hated when they attack in unexpected moments. Once I almost died because it turned me into stone above a lava lake (I didn't notice her).
- Hellbats: they're really annoying and frequent in Expert Mode. If you haven't got a good sword or other weapon, you can get overwhelmed and even killed by these.

I don't like turtles, Nebula Floaters/Brainsucklers that can be annoying. Srollers were also extremely annoying before they fixed them. Even with BEETLE armor they could ONE-KILL you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom