NPCs & Enemies When Biomes Clash

I've been thinking along these lines before, and I think that you have some really good concepts here.

Something that could extend this: new enemies that show up where two rival biomes meet. Dark unicorns, anyone?

Amazing idea I would like to see a pirate and goblin team up versus Martians
[DOUBLEPOST=1444352147,1444351978][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol. It might not happen, so don't get your hopes uo yet. I have to look into the programming side of it to see if it is feasible?
Perhaps you should base the new code off the code that makes enemies agressive in the first place to the player and design a certain hiearchtic argression toward some mobs(Would be very difficult as I said it would require creating new code and checking compatibility)

Dont like the faction idea. Hallow should "Defend" the player in my opinion, however.
Maybe change factions to fit classes?
Desert- Melee
Jungle- Ranged
??? (dunno)- Mage
Shroom- Minion

Dont like the faction idea. Hallow should "Defend" the player in my opinion, however.
Maybe change factions to fit classes?
Desert- Melee
Jungle- Ranged
??? (dunno)- Mage
Shroom- Minion
the main post said:
The factions system was moved to a spoiler because its messed up and I really don't think it will fit in game, but you can read it anyways.

I'm just going to remove it entirely...

Ok, now that factions are gone, I SUPPORT MAJORLY!
*I bow to the yesness of this thing*
[DOUBLEPOST=1445170992,1445170679][/DOUBLEPOST]Now that i think. i want factions. :(

Not bad! But autofarms are still a needed thing=they produce INFINITY resources! And something tells me INFINITY is very good. =)
[DOUBLEPOST=1445441827,1445441535][/DOUBLEPOST]And I think it will be good idea for a new gamemode (biome wars), in it you will have to choose a biome and defend it, making stuff from something this biome can give to you, and these biome creatures are your friends but the goal of gamemode is to conquer all other biomes(the whole world)

Not bad! But autofarms are still a needed thing=they produce INFINITY resources! And something tells me INFINITY is very good. =)
[DOUBLEPOST=1445441827,1445441535][/DOUBLEPOST]And I think it will be good idea for a new gamemode (biome wars), in it you will have to choose a biome and defend it, making stuff from something this biome can give to you, and these biome creatures are your friends but the goal of gamemode is to conquer all other biomes(the whole world)
Autofarms are a bad thing in my opinion, and even the devs used some countermeasures to reduce their efficiency.
Also, that can be easily done on custom maps if this becomes a thing!

Back
Top Bottom