Hot Topic Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

• The Twins

Votes: 174 47.8%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 74 20.3%
  • They're all both pretty hard.

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • They're all both pretty easy.

Votes: 38 10.4%

• Total voters
depends on what class your character is. i had no problems with any of the mech bosses on my ranger character, but i had a lot of struggles with the destroyer on my melee character

In context of progression and not just the individual fights the destroyer is definately the most difficult.

There's a lot of ifs and or buts and nuance. However for the twins and skeleton prime all you really need is a good ranged weapon and dodge skills.

If you don't have good defense, the star cross necklace and the charm of myths it's tough to come out ahead of him. The fact he takes up a lot of space and his probes makes his attacks harder to dodge and hurt more than the other bosses.

Once you prepare he's an easy tank and spank but so are the other two. He's just harder if your not prepared.

Last edited:
In context of progression and not just the individual fights the destroyer is definately the most difficult.

There's a lot of ifs and or buts and nuance. However for the twins and skeleton prime all you really need is a good ranged weapon and dodge skills.

If you don't have good defense, the star cross necklace and the charm of myths it's tough to come out ahead of him. The fact he takes up a lot of space and his probes makes his attacks harder to dodge and hurt more than the other bosses.

Once you prepare he's an easy tank and spank but so are the other two. He's just harder if your not prepared.

Strictly speaking, this is only legitimate fighting wise. If you cheese the destroyer, it really isn't difficult, and the destroyer is really easy to cheese.

Strictly speaking, this is only legitimate fighting wise. If you cheese the destroyer, it really isn't difficult, and the destroyer is really easy to cheese.

Yea I thought about mentioning cheesing him but myself I try not to cheese fights. I'm not even a big fan of afk farms.

See I find the twins hard if I'm playing alone, the destroyer is easy I've destroyed him so many times.
Get it I "Destroyed" the "Destroyer" lol

Twins, hands-down.

Skeletron, just kill the hands and dodge the head and you're fine, just don't let the fight make it to daytime.

Destroyer.... How do you lose to Destroyer? Just make some wooden platforms kinda high up and Voila. He can only hurt you if he touches you, or you don't pay attention to drones, and all worms have to bury through blocks to gain speed to move, he can't reach you through platforms, unless there's blocks for him to tunnel through too close to the platforms.

Last edited:
Agreed
Twins, hands-down.

Skeletron, just kill the hands and dodge the head and you're fine, just don't let the fight make it to daytime.

Destroyer.... How do you lose to Destroyer? Just make some wooden platforms kinda high up and Voila. He can only hurt you if he touches you, or you don't pay attention to drones, and all worms have to bury through vblocks to gain speed to move, he can't reach you through platforms, unless there's blocks for hom to tunnel through too close to the platforms.

If anything, the Tomb Crawler or Dune Splicer is harder, cause you can't take him to the Surface or he'll despawn, so you have to deal with him Underground, surrounded in blocks.

I dunno, I personally found the Destroyer to be the hardest of the Mechanical Bosses. Skeletron Prime was surprisingly doable for me, and the Twins were quite the challenge, but still manageable. The Destroyer just kept Destroying me with the beam spam.

How do you people struggle with the destroyer, if you are fighting them early just use a adamantite repeater and jesters arrows

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Mine is personally the Destroyer. Probably because of it's health and the probe thingies that come out often.
It was a pain killing it the first time because it has to be defeated by morning.
The Twins were pretty hard too. Skeletron Prime was a breeze.
But just my opinion. Anyways go ahead and post your opinion! :happy:
Well, The Destroyer, to me, is pretty easy. Yea, Skeletron Prime was like nothing.

I think the twins are the easiest. I haven't killed them yet, but I have managed to take down one of them, and get the other to their second phase before I died.

i just used frostburn arrows on them but because the destroyer is immune to all debuffs he was kinda hard even with hallowed repeater adamantite armor and a lot of jesters arrows

I also got pissed when he killed my party girl

I would argue that skeleton prime is the strongest, or at least the most annoying because he keeps Moving off-screen. But mechanical bosses are actually super easy with ranger weapons.
[doublepost=1554737351,1554737199][/doublepost]Twins are definitly the easiest, they are easy to track and dodge, they Don't deal a whole lot of damage and you can easely guess what will there next move be. The fact they take a few second to switch phase easely allows you to put a 1.5k damage on them in no time. They felt easy to beat with minishark and paladium.

I would argue that skeleton prime is the strongest, or at least the most annoying because he keeps Moving off-screen. But mechanical bosses are actually super easy with ranger weapons.
I agree with the fact that Skeletron Prime is the most annoying. It took me a lot longer to deal with him, almost 7 minutes because he kept moving so much and off screen!

The Twins. Their speed and alignment against you are both on spot, for them anyways.

The Destroyer is fairly easy, considering I beat it with a chainsaw. Yeah, a tool. To be fair, it was the titanium chainsaw, but it's not hard to get before fighting this boss. The probes also give you hearts, and considering the amount of them, well, yeah. You're going to get healed a lot.

Skeletron Prime is quite swift, but I had to issues with him. The only hand I had to deal with was the prime laser- and Retinazer is way worse when it comes to dealing with lasers.

For The Twins, I absolutely needed quick shoes or wings. But heck, I beat the Destroyer by moving about 10 blocks every 10 seconds. Skeletron Prime is good to have running boots for, but they're not necessary.

Well as long as you can move the Twins cannot hit you. However Prime adapts to your speed and tend to swipe his lower hands (saw and vice) faster when you move too quick horizontally… but mech bosses are very beatable, especially the twins. They are very predictable even without map.

Back
Top Bottom